It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gave up smoking for an E-Cig

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to share this for you smokers that want to give it up.

I bought an E-Cig this week and i havnt smoked a normal smelly cig for a while now - its working out great.

For the un-initiated an E-Cig is an electronic device that you can can charge via USB or USB wall socket adapter, you put nicotine liquid, often flavored in one end and 'smoke' off the other.

Theres no Tar and no horrible clingy stink from tobacco - yet really does take care of the craving, also you can 'smoke' it anywhere as the vapor clears extremely fast.

Im hoping to use it to reduce my habit and so far so good, so for any smokers out there looking to kick it, this is a great first step. The flavors are much like shisha pipe and you can buy varying amount of nicotine content from 1.8mg strength down to nothing if you just like the taste - you can mix your own of varying strength too but thats a bit pro and if you mess it up it can be WILDY strong.

Anyway just thought is share with you

Peace out broskis!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Been using one for two years, I just recently changed from using the blu brand to one of the refillable ones with the bigger battery as a former smoker I have to admit it's very believable when smoking with it , I can't tell the difference between an ecig and the real thing when I inhale it other than the flavors variety you get with an ecig.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
Been using one for two years, I just recently changed from using the blu brand to one of the refillable ones with the bigger battery as a former smoker I have to admit it's very believable when smoking with it , I can't tell the difference between an ecig and the real thing when I inhale it other than the flavors variety you get with an ecig.

as a new user i was highly skeptical, i tried a disposable one and it was not bad so i took the plunge and got a proper one last week - its MUCH better, nice thick cloud of smokey vapor and the flavored liquids are brilliant.

I like it so much im not sure its going that easy to quit completly but at least if i can reduce the nicotine amount over time i can get to a point where i can smoke when i fancy it not when my nicotine habit demands it.

Currently enjoying grape and cherry flavors, the coffee one tastes like total ass so probably going to bin that.

I bought a "starter" pack of flavored nicotine solutions to get me going, and i got to admit, its way better than actual cigarettes - also no actual fire involved which can only be a good thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Congrats Biigs. I'm currently on month 5 of my ecig conversion and I can't imagine going back to analogs. The big things I noticed was the wheezing disappeared immediately. No more hearing myself fall asleep at night. And when I noticed how much better food started tasting, well that's just an awesome bonus.

I still observe the local/state laws regarding smoking in public places and if a friend doesn't want me to vape in their home, it's cool. I'm thankful for the positives that I can feel and nothing can rain on that parade.

Keep fighting the good fight and may your battery always have a charge

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Good for both of you. I didn't start smoking until about age 21 and had discovered Scotch was much better with a smoke. I quit drinking about 6 months ago and low and behold: quit smoking. But. And a BIG BUTT. Picked up an old habit from my Baseball days in college. Dippin' Copenhagen. Still a slave but no more morning cough! Im 45 now so I suppose I will have some problems sooner or later. Nicotine is a cruel mistress.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bumfuzzle

Thanks, i think this was a smart move!

I think the best thing is not being a bitch to a normal cig any more, i feel free and not a slave to tobacco. Also not paying some faceless company to kill me slowly makes me very happy. The tax on normal cigs is insane too.

Must say: this is way better, if you have to take nicotine the E-Cig is FAR FAR superior. If you smoke cigars, you are a moron and theres no saving you.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
My daughter bought a few E-cigs and I tried puffing on one one day. It has some properties of cigarettes, but does not seem to stimulate my mind like a real cigarette. So it may be the B-carbolines that does this, not the nicotine.

Maybe for those who need the nicotine as a medicine, it will be fine. Nicotine is the part that neutralizes some biological weapon effects, so everyone should have one of these around for emergencies. Or a bag of tobacco and some papers or an emergency pack of butts..

If it works for you, than that is great, there are many less bad chemicals in that than in cigarettes. Natural tobacco use in moderation, less than five cigarettes a day, isn't that harmful. Unless you believe it is harmful.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I've been stuck in grape for over a year now. It's my favorite. I've also been smoke free for well over a year now. It was by far the best and hardest thing I have ever done. I'm still noticing improvement in my breathing after this long.

Stick with it. Even if you have to stick with the nicotine... stick with it. It's still has 5,000 (approx.) chemicals less than your normal cigarette does.

Good luck! And don't give up. You can do it!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I've been using mine for a little over a year now and I love it.

I was a smoker for 30+ years, upwards of 2 packs a day. As soon as I started vaping, I haven't smoked since. It's been great.

I make my own liquid, and have nearly from the beginning, with a really nice advanced setup, tank and battery wise.

Wonderful feeling to be off of those cigs. I feel healthier and my family feels healthier.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jomina
I've been using mine for a little over a year now and I love it.

I was a smoker for 30+ years, upwards of 2 packs a day. As soon as I started vaping, I haven't smoked since. It's been great.

I make my own liquid, and have nearly from the beginning, with a really nice advanced setup, tank and battery wise.

Wonderful feeling to be off of those cigs. I feel healthier and my family feels healthier.

exactly where i want to be.

Good for you friend.

I hope it continues to work for you, # those tax whores banking on our addiction. Thank you for your comments, makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Good for you. Only thing to say is, "why'd it take you so long?" ha. Just a little advice too, I remember way back when I switched, and some others too, we all found that we had a couple spot cravings about two or three weeks in. I tried having a smoke and it tasted like garbage, the others I know as well. Try to switch entirely over to vaping and you may have a couple cravings, but as long as you go three days or so without one, they will taste so terrible you won't want to go back.

Welcome to the good life. Where you can enjoy nicotine and not smell like fire vomit.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

I think the best thing is not being a bitch to a normal cig any more, i feel free and not a slave to tobacco. Also not paying some faceless company to kill me slowly makes me very happy. The tax on normal cigs is insane too.

Must say: this is way better, if you have to take nicotine the E-Cig is FAR FAR superior. If you smoke cigars, you are a moron and theres no saving you.

I hate to burst your bubble but, that faceless company that's killing you slowly produces the E Cigs the last I checked. Just thought I'd point that out.

I'm glad that you all found this alternative and appreciate it even more-so as a non smoker because I am aware that some smokers can be rude (not all) and smoke where they're not supposed to. Now, some of those smokers are blowing nothing but vapor instead of poison into air around me. I guess I have one functional question though... If pneumonia is acquired from fluid in the lungs... How do you guys not get it?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

You can get e-cigars too.

E-cigs can cause bleeding gums and cramps. Apart from that they are better than analog. The bleeding gums is temporary as the bloodflow increases in the mouth (analog cigs reduce the blood flow) which is just your body returning to normal.
I get severe cramps from e-cogs, and it is very common. There has been no testing done in this regard so no explanation on the cramps yet. Just be careful and try not to be constantly chuggin' on it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Myomistress

I hate to burst your bubble but, that faceless company that's killing you slowly produces the E Cigs the last I checked. Just thought I'd point that out.

I'm glad that you all found this alternative and appreciate it even more-so as a non smoker because I am aware that some smokers can be rude (not all) and smoke where they're not supposed to. Now, some of those smokers are blowing nothing but vapor instead of poison into air around me. I guess I have one functional question though... If pneumonia is acquired from fluid in the lungs... How do you guys not get it?

We breathe in stean and humid air, we dont drown or get pneumonia. Also there are multitude of e-cig producers.

edit on 17-8-2014 by pennydrops03 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2014 by pennydrops03 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
My daughter bought a few E-cigs and I tried puffing on one one day. It has some properties of cigarettes, but does not seem to stimulate my mind like a real cigarette. So it may be the B-carbolines that does this, not the nicotine.

Maybe for those who need the nicotine as a medicine, it will be fine. Nicotine is the part that neutralizes some biological weapon effects, so everyone should have one of these around for emergencies. Or a bag of tobacco and some papers or an emergency pack of butts..

If it works for you, than that is great, there are many less bad chemicals in that than in cigarettes. Natural tobacco use in moderation, less than five cigarettes a day, isn't that harmful. Unless you believe it is harmful.

You can get liquid called "WTA" (Whole Tobacco Alkaloid) which has all the same effects of an actual cigarette (the good ones, that is)

If normal nic juice doesn't do it for you, WTA is definitely worth a shot.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Hahaha yea the coffee one does taste like ass , I like the watermelon and the cotton candy flavors.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I did the same thing, I was a smoker for a few years and then vaped an e-cig for a few days. When my cartomizers or whatever they're called ran out, I was surprised to find I had absolutely no cravings for normal cigarettes whatsoever. Quit smoking just like that.
I bought a pack the other night because I was bored and just felt like it, but every time I try smoking a cigarette now, it just feels disgusting.

Also, I vaped the entirety of my e-cig starter pack inside my bedroom with the door always closed and it had absolutely 0 effect on the air quality, smell in the room, etc etc. It's like the exhaled vapor just magically disappeared.
edit on 8/17/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Spot on with the WTA comment!
It's the other 10% of the alkaloids that don't make it through the refining process for nicotine that make all the difference in the world.

I went with a WTA fluid and all I can say is it's no joke!

Ak

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Agree.

It doesnt have a lasting odor, no horrible taste hours after in your mouth.

Its really changed my life in the past few weeks, the 1.8ml nicotine is a bit strong if im honest but because you only toke it when you want it, its not like a cig where you go outside and smoke the whole thing weather you want to or not. This you take a blast every now and then.

Ive just started "green tea menthol" and surprisingly its really nice.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

I puff on the Blu's as well. But still want to give them up as well. I'm addicted to nicotine, and without it, I'm a dick. Do the larger vapes come with lower levels of nicotine? Even though it supposedly safer, I still don't like being addicted to nicotine. And I haven't seen anything that adverts lower levels.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join