It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Destroys Ebola Center In Liberia Two Days After It Opens (probably infecting many more)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
With this kind of uneducated thinking it is no wonder things are going from bad to worse..

A mob descended on the center at around 5:30 p.m., chanting, “No Ebola in West Point! No Ebola in West Point!” They stormed the front gate and pushed into the holding center. They stole the few gloves someone had donated this morning, and the chlorine sprayers used to disinfect the bodies of those who die here, all the while hollering that Ebola is a hoax.

They ransacked the protective suits, the goggles, the masks. They destroyed part of Tarplah’s car as he was fleeing the crowd.

Jemimah Kargbo, a health care worker at a clinic next door, said they took mattresses and bedding, utensils and plastic chairs.

“Everybody left with their own thing,” she said. “What are they carrying to their homes? They are carrying their deaths.”

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
And they're sleeping on infected mattresses they stole from there among other things. Sitting back and watching it escalate is all we can do now.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've been pointing this out over and over in these threads - it's this mentality and this type of behavior that is making the plague so bad over there. They are helping spread their own deaths. Ebola can absolutely fly across the ocean on a jet, but if people over here (or in Europe) maintain at least a modicum of a sane and rational mentality, it will not become as big a problem.

We do not burn down our clinics thinking that Ebola is a hoax and carry home our own deaths.

Or at least I don't think we do.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This portion of the article is rather intriguing...

all the while hollering that Ebola is a hoax.

I wonder what this group is basing this on? The fact they took "infected" mattresses may not be a dumb move...perhaps they did it to prove this hoax theory.

Time will tell...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Jemimah Kargbo, a health care worker at a clinic next door, said they took mattresses and bedding, utensils and plastic chairs.

Well, they've made (took) their beds and now are going to sleep in them...until their bodies are dowsed with chlorine and buried or burned.

Such ignorance.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest

Conspiracy's and propaganda is far more deadlier than Ebola, seems rampant on ATS

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t

This portion of the article is rather intriguing...

all the while hollering that Ebola is a hoax.

I wonder what this group is basing this on? The fact they took "infected" mattresses may not be a dumb move...perhaps they did it to prove this hoax theory.

Time will tell...

May not be a dumb move? Seriously? How can this level of ignorance exist on ATS?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wowsers. How can we keep spending time and resources to help people that can't or won't help themselves. And then, how can we not help people that need help?!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Unfortunately, it's not just uneducated but pure hate that leads to such idiocy. I'm a firm believer that the majority of Africa is a lost cause. Not because there isn't good people there, just that the bad ones have the upper hand and will continue to have the upper hand in the future.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't understand, do they believe that it doesn't exist (a hoax) or do they think that it was manufactured/spread from the centre?

No matter, it is done now and things are much harder now for everyone who is trying to halt this virus.

Reminds me of the cats/plague story in the middle ages.
During the middle ages cats were viewed by the religious population to be companions of witches and evil creatures and were often zealously killed on sight.
This allowed the rat population to grow unchecked spreading the Black Death like wildfire.
Wiping out a quarter of the human inhabitants of Europe.

Mankind can be his own worst enemy.
Humans eh!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Simply questioning why they're calling it a hoax. There has to be a reason why they think it's a hoax, they seem fairly certain if they're willing to risk their lives no? Seems like it'd be a hell of a gamble otherwise...therein, to prove a hoax, sleeping on said infected bed would yeild no Ebola infection.

I fail to see any ignorance in my query...but then again you clearly have it all figured out so I wouldn't want you to think I was attempting to persuade you otherwise.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thinning out the herd.

Seriously, ignorance at it's best.

Good luck to them, they will need it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: HumansEh
They see people they know go into the hospital with a cough or a bellyache. They never come back out.
They think it's a conspiracy to kill their friends and families.
This is likely pushed by specific individuals with their own objectives and influence.
Unfortunately, they are on the wrong side of the conspiracy on this one.
Ebola doesn't give a damn about paranoia.
It just kills 60-90% and spreads.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

as awful as it sounds, perhaps there will soon be a few less dumb people in the world?

it's crazy....they're crazy....the sane parts of the country should wall off the insane parts of the country, and leave them to their fate...

they don't want help, they don't even think there's a problem...how in the hell do you combat that?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

They think it is a hoax so the government can stop the bushmeat trade, as well as garner aid, and many other things. Probably too many theories to list.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

There doesn't really have to be a reason why they think it. People here dream up crazy theories all day long.

However, I gave he reasons they have explained in the above posts and you can find vice videos where they explain why they believe it's a hoax.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I've been pointing this out over and over in these threads - it's this mentality and this type of behavior that is making the plague so bad over there. They are helping spread their own deaths. Ebola can absolutely fly across the ocean on a jet, but if people over here (or in Europe) maintain at least a modicum of a sane and rational mentality, it will not become as big a problem.

We do not burn down our clinics thinking that Ebola is a hoax and carry home our own deaths.

Or at least I don't think we do.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Have good look at some the threads here on ATS and the way some subjects are all a huge western conspiracy , part of the NWO de-population etc. Surely those folks in Africa are merely acting on what they believe to be the truth about Ebola being a conspiracy. It's not such a big jump from that to the "vaccine conspiracy" or the "flouride conspiracy" or the "chemtrail conspiracy" etc etc etc

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
My understanding is there are multiple illnesses that are less sever that originally have the same symptoms of Ebola. Such as Malaria.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yeah, they just have absolutely no trust or faith in their government, so when the government says one thing, a sizeable chunk of the population chooses to believe the exact opposite.

... this is not a phenomena that should come as any surprise to regular readers here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
They didn't only trash the place and leave with objects, they left with all of the patients too according to the article. Now the whole town will need to be quarantined, the precautions needed have stepped up a notch in this town because of this poor behavior. Sigh.

The police were there but they couldn’t contain them. They started threatening the police, so the police just looked at them,” she said.

“They said, ‘The president says you have Ebola, but you don’t have Ebola, you have malaria. Get up and go out!’” Kargbo said.

And then mob left with all of the patients.

Tolbert Nyenswah, the assistant minister of health, told BuzzFeed on Thursday they intend to quarantine all of West Point, a serious measure that would require meticulous planning and heavy security.

leolady

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join