It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Predicts Rise of 'Anti-Government' Violence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You will need to scroll down the page to view the full report.
I am not able to copy any of the content from the report, only the part below from the article.

If anyone was wondering if the DHS is taking much notice of the possibility of civil unrest in America....read on.

A leaked document from the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Intelligence and Analysis predicts increased “anti-government violence over the next year.” The document says the inspiration for violence is Cliven Bundy’s Bunkerville standoff with the Bureau of Land Management from earlier in the year.

From the report:
After years of only sporadic violence from violent domestic extremists motivated by anti-government ideologies, I&A has seen a spike within the past year in violence committed by militia extremists and lone offenders who hold violent anti-government beliefs. These groups and individuals recognize government authority but facilitate or engage in acts of violence due to their perception that the United States Government is tyrannical and oppressive, coupled to their belief that the government needs to be violently resisted or overthrown.

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 15-8-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed all-caps from title. MOD NOTE: The use of All Caps

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro
after what has happened in America this week it doesn't exactly take Nostrodamus to figure that one out.

Wonder how much that report cost.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm going to go stick gum under the seat at the courthouse or maybe pull a bunch of waiting tickets off the roll at the license bureau to cause chaos. I want to fit in.
edit on 15-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Well I guess that just shoots a whole lot of holes in them acting concerned about the militarized police state that reared it's ugly head in Ferguson, don't ya think?

As usual, when one side of their mouth is saying one thing, carefully watch for what's coming out the other side of their pie hole!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
And you wonder why Homeland Security bought a shat load of bullets.

Ex

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I soo agree.
Ferguson will not even be a headline next week
We just got a peek at their holdcard and everyone was shocked. Get ready, it's coming.
a reply to: seeker1963

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I bet "Ferguson" with the swat setup was a DHS training exercise.

Bet they got a lot of data and observations the other night !!

Conspiracies abound.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I love the way that the government tags the unhappy and dissatisfied voters and tax payers when fed up with government corruption, police brutality and oppression "extremist", because let face it, anything or anybody that goes against the "status quo" is anti regime and anti government, like that when things get too violent they can kill at will because the people are not citizens but "extremist" and a danger to the system.

No where will the government point out to having any fault at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
In other news, Anti anti-government violence is set to rise.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Just like Boston?

This is where it gets interesting, and where they start to take pre-emptive measures. When they start that, we are screwed.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
In order for any movement to succeed today it would have to be non violent. Otherwise the movement would just be labeled as a terrorism threat.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The repot seems to be targeting militia groups more than lone extremist, I guess is time to start persecuting those type of groups in the name of national security.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm going to go stick gum under the seat at the courthouse or maybe pull a bunch of waiting tickets off the roll at the license bureau to cause chaos. I want to fit in.

I'm with you. In solidarity, I'm going to hand dry my dishes, whisper dirty things in my wife's ear, and eat ice cream this Sunday. These are all against law in my state (they're actually on the books).

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
DHS Insider Says Feds Anticipate Massive Civil Unrest

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I love the way that the government tags the unhappy and dissatisfied voters and tax payers when fed up with government corruption, police brutality and oppression "extremist", because let face it, anything or anybody that goes against the "status quo" is anti regime and anti government, like that when things get too violent they can kill at will because the people are not citizens but "extremist" and a danger to the system.

No where will the government point out to having any fault at all.

Hey! Remember when they called young male youths in the middle east "?" (someone help me out here) so that they could justify killing them in drone strikes?

Don't think they won't use the same tactics here! OH WAIT! They already are!

But seriously, can someone help me out on that word they used for young males in Afghanistan that seemed to justify killing them? Grrrrrrrrrr, I hate getting old and not being able to remember certain things.......

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Military Aged Males or MAMs
2nd

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I predict that many Americans are becoming anti government because of overreach, lies, spying on citizens, and corruption, all performed by elected officials. If the DHS is worried, they should change how they operate and try serving the community instead of themselves.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Civil unrest had to be done properly to be useful. It can and does work if you do ot nonviolently.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ferguson was a drill to see how much they can get away with and they expect massive civil unrest because they know that when you keep pushing eventually you get pushed back.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

Military Aged Males or MAMs
2nd

Thank you! You have no idea how it was driving me crazy!!!!
edit on 15-8-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join