It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 most likely to be real demonic possessions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I was just reading a lot lately about possessions that happend trough the time. I found this site with 10 of them I think its really interesting.

1. Clara Germana Cele

n 1906, Clara Germana Cele was a Christian student at St. Michael’s Mission in Natal, South Africa. For some reason, Cele prayed and made a pact with Satan when she was sixteen years-old, and just days later, Cele was overtaken by strange impulses. She was repulsed by religious artifacts like crucifixes, she could speak and understand several languages of which she had no previous knowledge, and she became clairvoyant regarding the thoughts and histories of the people around her.

2.Anneliese Michel

You guys probably know about her , there is many different histories about her , and you can find a YouTube video of an exorcism.

(21 September 1952 – 1 July 1976) was a German woman who underwent Catholic exorcism rites in 1975 and died the next year, due to lack of medical care. Later investigation determined that she was malnourished and dehydrated; her parents and the priests responsible were charged with negligent homicide. The case attracted media and public attention because of the Catholic Church's unusual decision to employ the 400-year-old ritual of exorcism, something that had been rarely seen since the 18th Century. The film The Exorcism of Emily Rose is loosely based on her story.

3"Roland Doe"/"Robbie Mannheim"

In January of 1949 Roland Doe’s aunt died in St. Louis. The grieving boy attempted to contact his beloved aunt via his Ouija Board and, wouldn’t you know it, strange happenings began.

The family heard the sound of marching feet
Furniture moved on its own
Ordinary objects levitated or flew across rooms
Scratches appeared on the boy’s body
Blessed objects such as vials of holy water smashed to the ground on their own accord
Religious pictures vibrated on the wall
The troubles seemed to center on poor Roland and even followed him to school. According to one source I found, it was reported that his desk moved on its own in front of several witnesses.** Apparently, this alleviated any concerns that the problem was an ordinary haunting or simple poltergeist activity.

Roland Doe’s dutiful parents had their boy examined by medical and psychiatric professionals. With no explanation found, they turned to their clergyman. The pastor arranged for the boy to spend the night with him for observation. That night, the minister heard vibrating sounds from Roland’s bed and inexplicable scratching sounds coming from the walls. Likewise, he witnessed a heavy armchair topple over. Satisfied by his observations, he began the exorcism of Roland Doe without hesitation. The ritual was unsuccessful.

1. Clara Germana Cele
www.oddee.com...

2. Anneliese Michel
en.wikipedia.org...

3. Roland Doe"/"Robbie Mannheim
www.thescarystory.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Fri Aug 15 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: added source and ex tags

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Original Source Link?
Interesting stuff, I would like to check out the other 7.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
In my lifetime, the most compelling case I've heard is the one from Indiana early this year.

www.indystar.com...

A woman and three children who claimed to be possessed by demons. A 9-year-old boy walking backward up a wall in the presence of a family case manager and hospital nurse.

Gary police Capt. Charles Austin said it was the strangest story he had ever heard.

Austin, a 36-year veteran of the Gary Police Department, said he initially thought Indianapolis resident Latoya Ammons and her family concocted an elaborate tale as a way to make money. But after several visits to their home and interviews with witnesses, Austin said simply, "I am a believer."

But, whatever the cause of the creepy occurrences that befell the family — whether they were seized by a systematic delusion or demonic possession — it led to one of the most unusual cases ever handled by the Department of Child Services. Many of the events are detailed in nearly 800 pages of official records obtained by The Indianapolis Star and recounted in more than a dozen interviews with police, DCS personnel, psychologists, family members and a Catholic priest.

Ammons, who swears by her story, has been unusually open. While she spoke on condition her children not be interviewed or named, she signed releases letting The Star review medical, psychological and official records that are not open to the public — and not always flattering.

Furthermore, the family's story is made only more bizarre because it involves a DCS intervention, a string of psychological evaluations, a police investigation and, ultimately, a series of exorcisms.

It's a tale, they say, that started with flies.

Worth reading the entire article linked above if you haven't heard this one yet - although it has already been discussed here at ATS so many of us are already familiar.

Interesting post. While I tend to be skeptical of these things, the concept of possession is pretty terrifying and as a Christian I do believe in the possibility of these being very real. I hadn't heard of #1 or #3 above - I look forward to reading more about them.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead
Will read

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I just read your link (thanks for posting that) and found another case I wasn't familiar with, but it very compelling.

"Julia"

In 2008, Dr. Richard E. Gallagher, a board-certified psychiatrist and associate professor of clinical psychiatry at New York Medical College, documented the case of a patient nicknamed "Julia" whom he deduced was indeed possessed by demons. It's rare that a scientist and psychiatrist would acknowledge the possibility of possession; typically doctors think that possession is either fraudulent or a result of mental illness.

Dr. Gallagher personally observed items flying around the room, Julia levitating off the bed, speaking in tongues, and knowing things about people around her that she could not possibly have known. Here is an excerpt from Gallagher's statement:

“Periodically, in our presence, Julia would go into a trance state of a recurring nature,” writes Gallagher. “Mentally troubled individuals often ‘dissociate,' but Julia's trances were accompanied by an unusual phenomenon: Out of her mouth would come various threats, taunts and scatological language, phrases like ‘Leave her alone, you idiot,' ‘She's ours,' ‘Leave, you imbecile priest,' or just ‘Leave.' The tone of this voice differed markedly from Julia's own, and it varied, sometimes sounding guttural and vaguely masculine, at other points high pitched. Most of her comments during these ‘trances,' or at the subsequent exorcisms, displayed a marked contempt for anything religious or sacred.”

Here is a link with more...
www.newoxfordreview.org...

edit on 13-8-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sorry about the double post, but here is another interesting quote from Dr. Gallagher on his encounters with "Julia":

“Sometimes objects around her would fly off the shelves, the rare phenomenon of psychokinesis known to parapsychologists,” reports Gallagher. “Julia was also in possession of knowledge of facts and occurrences beyond any possibility of their natural acquisition.

“She commonly reported information about the relatives, household composition, family deaths and illnesses, etc., of members of our team, without ever having observed or been informed about them,” he said. “As an example, she knew the personality and precise manner of death (i.e., the exact type of cancer) of a relative of a team member that no one could conceivably have guessed. She once spoke about the strange behavior of some inexplicably frenzied animals beyond her direct observation: Though residing in another city, she commented, ‘So those cats really went berserk last night, didn’t they?’ the morning after two cats in a team member’s house uncharacteristically had violently attacked each other at about 2 a.m.”

Read more at www.wnd.com...

edit on 13-8-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Very interesting, I'm very curious as to how this thread will develop

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JustKoz

Extradimensional inhabitation is more common than you think, most beings are evolved enough not to act a fool. Look around you, who do you think is piloting most of these humanoids?

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Thanks with helping me with this thread

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Alundra
Hopefully better then its doing now

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If anyone finds something please post it here. So the thread goes to the public

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If you asked me 12 months ago if I believed in demonic possession I would have laughed, now I'm not so sure. Great thread, keep em coming

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I love good exorcist stories.

Then they call it paralytics, epileptic fits, schizophrenia, tourette's syndrome.

Science always ruins the fun out of everything...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I hope this thread continues, I love reading these things. I don't know why, because for the longest time I wanted nothing to do with any of it. I hadn't heard of the first and third accounts either, and I can't access that website at work to look at the rest of them.

I'm sure that this phenomenon is real, I've had experiences that proved it to me. Many years ago in the house where I grew up there were lots of things happening like those described in the accounts above. Things moving on their own, sounds such as footsteps; it sounded like a large group of people walking around and around above my head when no one else was home to make them. At that time I was in a battle for my soul, which, I think I was able to keep, I'm not totally sure. I don't think I was ever 'possessed' but I was certainly devastated by my experience, and remain damaged ever since.

Fortunately, the manifestations haven't continued and it's been almost 40 years. I guess that's why I can read about it now.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF
Thanks you

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg
All science there is cannot confirm what those people did. It was recorded and written.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer
That is amazing and scary at the same time , how you're alright now. Don't worry man if anything you have us

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Thanks for saying that! That actually means a lot to me. Yeah my life has been scary overall. I've been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks but they are getting better lately. I've been drinking more beer, maybe that's it!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer
Rember this then haha :
Before before liqueur makes you sicker
Liquer before beer makes it clear .
Hopefully you're alright man , I had major depression and anaxiaty

top topics

<<   2 >>

join