It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 most likely to be real demonic possessions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JustKoz

Much better lately, thanks. How about you? Hope you're doing better too.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer
If were gonna talk let's do on the pm

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: JustKoz

I've always been interested in stories of exorcisim and pocession, most of which I think are some form of mental illness. But there are always those strange cases that are harder to explain, like the first case you mention where people seem to be able to know things that it seems they wouldn't know.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: grey9438
Of course , but not everything can be explained

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The problem with this is that the modern world wont except the truth of our spiritual reality. All mankind is in the same spiritual war since the fall of adam, weather we choose to believe it or not the truth is the truth, the devil and his minions are and have always been at work to destroy us,we will prevail through christ our lord. peace

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Recently I've seen the case on which The Exorcist was based portrayed on both Unexplained Files and Ghost Adventures. They both told of the boy, known as Roland Doe or Robbie Mannheim, relocating to St. Louis to continue the exorcism ritual, which was performed some 20 to 30 times before being successful. The Unexplained Files, however, stated that the final rite, at which St. Michael manifested, occurred in a hospital, while Ghost Adventures said it occurred in the relatives's home. What I didn't know until Ghost Adventures, which did their 100th episode there, was that the actual location of the house is known! www.dailymail...ession.html... It is said to have been cursed ever since. And yet I read that no one has ever been able to identify the boy in the case, despite heroic efforts by enthusiasts of the book and movie! Wouldn't it be a very simple matter of finding out who lived at that address in 1949? They can have had only so many 13- or 14-year-old male relatives from where the boy originally lived! An expert on the Ghost Adventures episode said these demons target exceptional children and try to prevent them using their abilities, so he may have been quite prominent. As for the article, certainly he may have suffered from a mental or neurological condition which even played a part in the events, but that definitely can't account for all of it!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CoriSCapnSkip

Nice comments, I especially think that you are correct in your statement about demons targeting individuals with potential. Anyone trying to excel in life will definitely be a target of this harassment. I know first hand that it is true.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This article seems like great detective work. www.strangemag.com... But it sure doesn't explain this: www.examiner.com...

Here is one of many articles including the real name, address, and a high school yearbook photo. www.infobarrel.com...

Much more information here. (Fascinating, yes, I am sitting up half the night looking at this.) mikesbigblogorainydayfunexorcistkid.blogspot.com...

So, is this Greg Holewinski a fool, a liar, or just a delusional old man? Someone's lyin'!

edit on 3-11-2014 by CoriSCapnSkip because: Fixing the urls.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CoriSCapnSkip

In one of your links I read something about the amount of 'actual' possessions rising; at least, in the paranormal/catholic sense. I'd love it if they'd film something like that.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

Yes, I think a priest said that in the Unexplained Files segment--I definitely heard it someplace, in company with the remark that the less people express belief in the Devil, the more power he has, and it really got me going.

Now, I am on the fence. If the best-known case of possession ever seems to have been a put-on, does that mean there are no genuine modern-day (meaning, after Biblical times) cases? Or did the church just keep a tighter lid on the "real" phenomena (as they do with Resurrection Mary which I believe to be 100% genuine--yes, there are exaggerated stories such as Jerry Palus's, but plenty of real ones--) and let this one be talked about as it didn't amount to much?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

I think the less people believe, the more open they are.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoriSCapnSkip

So, is this Greg Holewinski a fool, a liar, or just a delusional old man? Someone's lyin'!

Strange, this lengthy obituary states that he did indeed work at the right hospital, presumably at the right time, but doesn't say a thing about him being a retired Catholic monk! www.findagrave.com...

Troy Taylor, the author of The Devil Came to St. Louis, is the one who found Brother Hollewinske (not Holewinski). He states on a post on his Facebook page dated July 31 that he took him at his word. He remains open-minded about what happened in 1949, which he says was worth the twenty years of research he put into it. The author of the blog, Mike Madonna, emailed me that no one should be held accountable for what they say under the influence of the powerful painkillers Brother Hollewinske was taking towards the end of his life. So far I've found no further statements regarding him.
edit on 3-11-2014 by CoriSCapnSkip because: Add information.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, I was going to add this to my previous post rather than make a new one, but apparently this board only allows editing once, so here goes.

Further information: writeup on Reverend Luther Miles Schulze, wikibin.org... a Lutheran pastor who was the first clergyman to observe the boy. He wrote a lengthy article describing his observations, and, according to a 1949 newspaper article referenced here, www.strangemag.com... gave a talk on the subject. The newspaper article describes him as laughing as he related the events and claiming he told the boy to cut the comedy. Unfortunately neither the text of the pastor's talk nor his article seem to be available online, so no checking whether what he actually said and wrote contradict the newspaper article.

Internet Movie Database page for Walter H. Halloran, the one priest documented to have participated who was willing to speak publicly. www.imdb.com... This lists programs in which he appeared describing his experiences, which can then be checked for their availability on You Tube.

I hope I am not doing a public disservice in providing this information, as personally I believe there is something to these things. I'd hate to contribute to someone saying, "Well, if the most famous case ever is this questionable, it must be fine to play with Ouija boards and so on," which IMHO it's emphatically not!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Just noticed #1 is a picture of ta scene in the movie "The Exorcist".
I noticed the other 2 are actual photos.
Maybe just a filler photo ?

Possession is the one thing that truly scares me.
edit on 5-11-2014 by ujustneverknow because: wrong word !

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Another obituary showing that the purported witness was a distinguished and decorated hero! Hardly the sort to spout sensationalism. He came from a large family and has a brother and sister still living! obits.dignitymemorial.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join