It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprising video of bear saving a crow !

page: 1

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The video has a crow which has ended up in the Bear's pool and cannot extradite himself. Watch what the Bear does.. Hard to believe..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

To me it looked like the bear was thinking about eating the crow but the peck on the nose put it off. Call me a cynic.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

That crow was probably squawking so loudly the bear just couldn't stand it anymore and saved his butt to shut him up. LOL

Great Video, we can learn much from our animal friends. Thanks for posting this.

SnF

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antigod

To me it looked like the bear was thinking about eating the crow but the peck on the nose put it off. Call me a cynic.

I do believe that bear was looking to make a quick snack out of the crow until the peck too.

What's priceless is after the bear walks away from the crow, the crow peers over its shoulder as if in disbelief he is still alive and also to check on where the bear is lol.

The slow way the crow turned its head after playing dead was just too funny.

Glad the bird made it out, and good for the bear playing it part even if it did intend originally to eat it.

Cool video, thanks!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
He saved it alright...saved it for later

Cute video

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I don't think the bear wanted to eat it, it seemed more like the bear just thought alright lets get this thing out of my water, after he got pecked the first time I laughed at how swift he was grabbing it the second time, and then after saving it was like the bear was thinking alright you can piss off now because he seemed to purposefully not even give it a hint of a glance, sort of like 'ok piss of you can thank me later you little bastard'

edit on 2-8-2014 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Bears are beasts only when they feel threathened. That bear is kept in captive and well fed.

We have lost our touch with nature and i believe that our ancestors treated nature and beasts better than we do.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

That crow was so confused after the bear rescue, resting on its back for a while trying to figure out what happened. It might come back with friends and the poor bear will be doing this all day.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This bear is an example to all the hunters out there. See life=kill life seems to be their attitude. Not this bear. He or her saw a fellow animal in trouble, rescued him or her, and, job done, went to eat its snack.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Sadly it has always been part of our nature to mistreat each other... I think in the distant past we simply lacked effective technology for subduing and imprisoning certain types of animals. And we can thank our more recent ancestors for the either decimated or nonexistent populations of certain animals like the Carolina parakeet

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I guess the bear doesn't like to eat crow!

But seriously, I'm not the least bit surprised by the behavior. There is an order to things sure, but the animal kingdom or nature in general has no need for excess. The bear is well fed therefore the bear doesn't need to eat per se and contrary to popular belief there is A LOT more going on in the brains of all wildlife.

You see it in dogs, you see it in dolphins and elephants. Because I live in the forest I can see it with all wildlife. Hornets fighting together in columns defending their eggs from an army of ants. Watching a hornet take out at least 20 ants before it was succumbed. I see quite often in fact a robin and a bunny pounce on each other as if they were playing more than once (my guess the same two).

The issue here IMO is we as a people generally couldn't be any more ignorant of the animal kingdom if we tried. We actually understand mythological extraterrestrials better than we understand animals.

I've also seen what appears to be a tree that killed off an entire section of it own branches in an area to make room for light to hit a younger tree struggling. Maybe the tree was just starting to die and another is taking advantage......maybe not.

Oh how could I forget my friend Stubby, a squirrel missing his tail. He comes around every spring and has no qualms walking right up to me without concern. I've never fed him and with all nature provides for him, I don't need to.
edit on 2-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If he had wanted to eat it he would've eaten it.

He had enough other food laying around too.

It really looks like he's just trying to help.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If a bear has food he isnt going to kill something. If he wanted to eat the crow he would have.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The bear didn't want to eat it. He had plenty of opportunities to bite it on the body. Instead he nipped the wing to pull it out.

It's funny how he did it though, so rough.. probably knocked it out in the process.

On the way to the crow, he also passed up a hunk of meat sitting there on the rock and only sniffed it so he wasn't hungry.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
The funniest friends I saw was a dog and a wild goose. They would just sit around together all day. sometimes they would play and wrestle and the dog would grab it by its neck to wrestle it around but it wouldn't bite it. Also if you played with the dog and showed it affection, the goose would get jealous and chase after you.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
If you look closely the bear goes back to his fruit immediately after the rescue. To me it's almost body language for something like "Ok i got you out...again, back to lunch"

I agree that if he wanted to eat the crow he would have.
edit on 2/8/2014 by Jeroenske because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
People don't give animals enough credit in my opinion.

I say it was quite possibly exactly what it looks like: The bear helped the crow.

People are so quick to say, "don't anthropomorphize animals actions" and not realizing that denying that such actions may in fact be exactly what is happening for the reasons it looks like, is just as faulty in terms of logic.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Animals are quite capable of random acts of kindness.

That act was premeditated. When the bear couldn't get him out one way, he waited and tried another.

Why question the obvious?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't see it as hard to believe. Neither do I see it as the bear was maybe going to eat the crow but decided not to. After all the bear went for his/her provided food after brining the crow out of the water. If they had wanted to eat them they would have. Nature is very interconnected and working together behinds the scenes all the time.
edit on 2-8-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join