It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama calls House immigration bill 'extreme'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Well you know this had to be interesting,,,, Pelosi Lost it,,,

In an unusual breach of decorum, even for the divided Congress, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi chased Rep. Tom Marino across the House floor, taking offense at comments by the Pennsylvania Republican during debate on the border funding bill Friday night.

“We don’t have law and order,” Marino began as he wrapped up his comments on the border supplemental. “My colleagues on the other side don’t want to do anything about it.”
“You know something that I find quite interesting about the other side? Under the leadership of the former Speaker [Pelosi], and under the leadership of their former leader [Rep. Steny Hoyer], when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed,” he continued. “They didn’t have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it now.”
Off-mic, Pelosi then approached Marino, crossing the aisle in view of cameras, and apparently challenged Marino’s assertion that Democrats did not do anything about the issue when they had majority control.
“Yes it is true,” Marino replied directly to Pelosi, who was House speaker in those years. “I did the research on it. You might want to try it. You might want to try it, Madam Leader. Do the research on it. Do the research. I did it. That’s one thing that you don’t do.”
Marino then urged lawmakers to support the border supplemental “because apparently I hit the right nerve.”
After Marino concluded his remarks and as many Republicans applauded their colleague, Pelosi crossed the chamber again in view of cameras, enraged, pointing and sticking her finger at Marino.
She then followed Marino up a Republican aisle, gesturing and arguing with him. Lawmakers on the GOP side gathered in dismay as one spoke out to tell the chair that the House was not in order, in an effort to halt the bickering.
Pelosi finally relented after Republicans tried to get between Pelosi and Marino, and she returned to the Democratic side of the chamber. The House then promptly voted to approve the $694 million border supplemental, 223-189.

A tweet,

Rep. Pelosi called me an 'insignificant person' on the Floor of the House. I'll ponder that for a while driving to Williamsport tonight...

LINKY

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

You just make my day, sadly that is the reality of American the welfare state of the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

I tell you, while we struggle with a healthcare system enforced by mandate robbing the working class from their hard earned dollars, our tax dollars goes to finance, increase and nurture the welfare system and well being of none American citizens.

What is wrong with our country?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
hey, The News folk already knew the Immigration bill would pass congress two days before it was passed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

No, your tax dollars pay the interest on the money that is printed by the Federal Reserve. That's about all your tax dollars do.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I tell you, while we struggle with a healthcare system enforced by mandate robbing the working class from their hard earned dollars, our tax dollars goes to finance, increase and nurture the welfare system and well being of none American citizens.

You're Right!!!!
You also Know Who's Suffering,,,,, You and Me and All of America's Tax Payer's, Obama and the Progressives are Leeches Sucking us Dry for their Agena and Now the illegals are just another Tax Drain,,,,,,

edit on 2-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

You're Right!!!!
You also Know Who's Suffering,,,,, You and Me and All of America's Tax Payer's, Obama and the Progressives are Leeches Sucking us Dry for their Agena and Now the illegals are just another Tax Drain,,,,,,

That is so bad... I love it. I can close my eyes and see the tears running down supporters faces.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

So in other words the toad president wants to stick the voters and tax payers with his mighty pen taking yet another executive order to force the tax payer to pay for the "Obama rights of immigrants" because after all under Obama mighty pen illegals will have tax payer funded lawyers, housing and welfare benefits.

Well I guess this what happen when we the people just bend over and let Obama mighty pen do a job on all of us.

Yup...put some more livestock in the barn and you become a bigger, better farmer with more meat to profit from.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Republicans passed their usual sphincter gas. They knew full well that this had no chance in the Senate let alone with the president.

Anyone that truly believes that republicans passed this with hopes of fixing the problem at the border is deluding themselves.

This was a merely symbolic piece of legislation just so they can say they passed something. Even if it's their sphincter gas.

They passed what the people who elected them wanted them to pass. A demand to deport these invaders and a call (yet again) for Obama to do what he SWORE TO DO UNDER OATH! Protect and enforce the laws of the United States. One of which...is to secure our borders and protect us from enemies foreign and domestic. But you know...that was just his SWORN WORD. Which we know means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
edit on 8/5/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

They passed what the people who elected them wanted them to pass.

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
That's Right, they did and they listen to the People, and don't pass bills loaded with PORK and by doing so, their branded as a do nothing Congress by Democrats like Pelosi, Reid and Obama,,,,, Why because they don't care what the American People Want, they Only Care About The 1% and That's No Lie!
Cheap Labor For Big Business and, YES AND!

edit on 5-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The slave trade is alive and well, and "legal" too.

I have to believe your above statement after watching how the Democrats like Peloci have Wet Themselves and Fawned over these illegals.
It makes you wonder after some of the things we seen and heard.
Also after reading your attach links,
Slave Labor
and
Labor Brokers
I get this mental image,,,,,,

Then when you read what has happened in TN.

The total number of working-age (16 to 65) immigrants (legal and illegal) holding a job in Tennessee increased by 94,000 from the first quarter of 2000 to the first quarter of 2014, while the number of working-age native-born Americans with a job declined 47,000 over the same time.
The fact that all the long-term net gain in employment among the working-age went to immigrants is striking because the native-born accounted for 60 percent of the increase in the total size of the state's working-age population.

Cheap Labor or Slave Labor
You have to wonder, does these Administration Even Want American's To Proper Anymore, Look at what has become of our Middle Class,,,, None Existent, Destroyed, Just Shameful!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join