It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs Executive Order to Detain Americans With ‘Respiratory Illnesses’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: manna2

USAMRIID states that ebola is airborn

Source please?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

USAMRIID states that ebola is airborn

Source please?[/quotewww.usamriid.army.mil...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

From your source:

Ebola virus causes hemorrhagic fever with case fatality rates as high as 80 percent in humans. The virus, which is infectious by aerosol (although more commonly spread through blood and bodily fluids of infected patients), is of concern both as a global health threat and a potential agent of biological warfare or terrorism.
Currently there are no available vaccines or therapies.

Although, previously I understood this to only be the case in the Reston Virus, which doesn't cause disease in humans.

edit on 3-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Vaccines never helped it's a fad

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: adnanmuf
Vaccines never helped it's a fad

Calling vaccines a fad is misleading. They have always just been one more way of poisoning the willing public.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Vaccines is not about prevent target diseases it's about introduction of autoimmune diseases to make people sick and worry about their persons only .a modern day zombies like when we are walking crowds in a busy walkways. Zombies.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

They're talking about close contact aerosols, like if you sneeze in close proximity to someone, fluids are transferred by air but don't become airborne for a prolonged period of time.

nursing.fullerton.edu...

edit on 3-8-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Saying they poison the public is misleading.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Everyone is talking about ebola but that virus was covered in section A back in 2003 by Pres GW Bush. Pres Obama expanded section B imho because we have people coming up with new respiratory illnesses such as the middle-eastern version of sars and there are a lot of people pouring across the border right now that have the potential to make a lot of People sick. If he did not expand it and a pandemic broke out and we didn't have the ability to quarantine people in the event of a potential pandemic from some new viral respiratory illness, we could be in a lot of trouble.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark

This disease could be disastrous if it spread further. This order will not be used haphazardly. Get a grip, paranoid boy.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

or, u can go this route,,

the affected persons have high fever, vomit blood, pass bloody stools, and also bleed from other openings like the nose and ears.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what the government does, they are pretty much screwed as far as how the U.S. sees them. If they do nothing.. they are lambasted for letting infected coming into the U.S. for treatment.. even if heavily quarantined. And folks are saying they should never be allowed back in.. and even (lol) we should have shot the plane down.

And so when he makes an order to help protect against a very deadly virus.. still he is maligned as having a sinister reason. What would you have them do? Ebola is no joke. a 60% + mortality rate is deadly frightening. There are those who say this -will- go global. Not in a serious outbreak mode.. but it will hit every country. And so to protect folks, they create this executive order.. and he is the devil for doing so.

Pathetic.. admit it.. there is -nothing-.. literally nothing he can do that can please you who hate him. All choices, EVERY-single-one.. will be judged and derided and dismissed as bad management of this country.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

It's all about viral shedding from the body into the environment, not just replicating inside the body. Problem is, not enough is known about Ebola to say anything more than "incubation lasts 2-21 days" and "it becomes infectious when symptoms appear." No one can predict the different incubation times between one person and the other, or be more definite. …I suspect the person who wrote the copy knew a bit about DNA viruses but little if anything about RNA viruses like Ebola. Pretty irresponsible for a medical site, if wrong. ....Wish I had time to track all the research tho.

Viral shedding
Viral shedding refers to the expulsion and release of virus progeny following successful reproduction during a host-cell infection. Once replication has been completed and the host cell is exhausted of all resources in making viral progeny, the viruses may begin to leave the cell by several methods.[1]
The term is used to refer to shedding from a single cell, shedding from one part of the body into another part of the body,[2] and shedding from bodies into the environment where the viruses may infect other bodies.[3]

Some of the biggest puzzles have to do with the sources and lifecycle of this (Ebola) virus in nature…

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Only a short period when patient not contagious and that is when he's sick. Before and after!he is.
confirmed infection could happen before sickness. Once confirmed you bet he'll shed andinfect others lots of days way after he's healed.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Except Ebola isn't respiratory.

I'd say they are far more likely to be seeding MDR-TB with their little illegal friends.

Thank you for pointing this out so early in on the topic. There has been a lot of ear going around on Ebola lately, that had led to misinformation on how it spreads, it's cook time and cause of death.

But I wonder why they put respiratory? Any good doctor should know this already, so I'd like to think Obama would at least know better as well. Unless something else is up or in the works we don't know about, or they could just be looking for a good reason to do bad things.
edit on 4-8-2014 by ObjectZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

and a lot of people complain that they need to come here because their countries are so awful to live in....well, that's not really our fault, or our problem...it's up to THEM to make the changes they need to their homelands....

Really?

I thought America was formed on that very basis. You know, cross the sea, displace natives and pillage their land - to provide a better future for one selves? Isn't that what happened? Am I wrong?

GOD FORBID someone dares to try do the same thing lol. They should fix their own land, right?

But if it's not your problem, why are/were you all over the Middle East/South America for the past 50 years, attempting to introduce them to 'sophisticated living' and 'justice'?

And isn't it just a coincidence that almost every country that has been part of America's 'justice/democracy' campaign is significantly more economically crippled than ever before?

But of course not. Countries only suck if their people are stupid and lazy, right? It's not like there's a globally controlled economy that makes it very easy for the concentrated holders to manipulate what is possible and what isn't.

Not like there's an IMF that freezes countries in need with loans they can't refuse but with interest rates they can't pay off.

Nope. None of that happens. Get your shotgun and shoot those damn immigrants trying to spread their dirty diseases to your precious land.

Peace

edit on 4-8-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

We need to protect the legal multicultural citizens as well,

really?

Do you know what is coming across that boarder

www.breitbart.com...

LUBBOCK, Texas — A leaked intelligence analysis from the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) reveals the exact numbers of illegal immigrants entering and attempting to enter the U.S. from more than 75 different countries.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I'm not saying it's not a real situation for you guys - but come on, the irony of Americans claiming people should fix their own land prior to coming to yours is too bloody amazing to ignore.

As for your problem, here's the thing...

You can control it at the Texan border. That shouldn't be hard. Clearly, your government isn't trying hard enough. They are to blame, not the people simply seeking a better life. Even to blame them both is dangerous. The blame should fall on the government strictly.

You CAN'T control it at the sea-borders as effectively, and cannot afford the resource drain to do so. You can't afford to do much actually. This is a product of having such a large land-mass to call a singular 'country'.

But you also reap the benefits of such a large population.

Let's not forget the USA has effectively run a world-wide propaganda campaign since WW1, that was completely aimed at painting America as the land of the free and opportunity, and more importantly - to set-up the process of BRAIN DRAINING.

You have MASSIVELY reaped the consequences of this, and hence must naturally take the negative side likewise.

America is the 'place to go'. You wanted to be, and now you are.

Lastly, a LARGE part of the economic troubles in South America can be attributed to America's shock operation during the 60s/70s/80s.

The IMF crippled them with forced loans, and people were oppressed by torture / secret police to accept the economic hardship the countries fell into.

Only the top men ever won.

I'm assuming this is where the majority of your illegal immigration comes from, right?

This is simply a natural reaction to choices made past and present. Now, the question becomes, who do you blame?

Do you really blame the individual attempting to escape 'inescapable' poverty and provide a better future for their children? Once again, isn't this how America was FORMED? They have that right because you had that right.

But you ARE ALLOWED to stop them, and yet you aren't. So, who does the blame lie with? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the immigration issue was partially or completely allowed to escalate to provide another 'boogie man'.

I know for a fact here in England more and more people have suddenly started openly complaining about immigration and even certain ethnic types, and it's even become common in the workplace. On the other hand, hardly ANYONE discusses anything else going on in the world.

It's an extremely good tool at tunnel visioning people and justifying actions against said people. A prime example is Germany prior to WW2.

By the way - my original post was meant to be slightly sarcastic. I'm not trying to play down your problems. I understand your country is very bad at the moment. It has been under the reign of the wrong people for too long.
edit on 4-8-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
How about the illegals with the same symptoms? Keep digging your going to dig yourself a hole you can't get out of.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: brandiwine14
Since they say Ebola is not respiratory and they apparently could care less about TB, just what in the hell are they afraid of?

I could be wrong but ebola can be spread through the respiratory system, while not being a respiratory illness.

Yet.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join