It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Joe Hockey admits the 'budget emergency' was a lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Do you remember the Budget Emergency?

Treasurer Joe Hockey admits to a New Zealand audience there never was any Australian budget emergency, yet the ABC don't think it's newsworthy. Managing editor David Donovan reports. Source

You may have heard Tony Abbott use that last one ten times in a single five minute reply in Parliamentary question time. It has been used relentlessly by the Government – from PM, to Treasurer, to the lowliest backbencher – to justify a Budget of savage spending cuts, largely directed at low-income, disadvantaged Australians. Well, funny thing about that — turns out the budget emergency doesn't exist.

edit on 29-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 74joff

It's well known they are liars.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy
Yes unfortunately most folks have a short attention span. I need to be vigilant in the info war against globalist neo liberals!

edit on 29-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Sounds like Joe is working on his 'honesty' rating to position for the prime minister job. Anyone with some reasonable economic knowledge knows there are some budget problems, but no budget emergency.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Budget Emergency, yeah right! Another Margret Thatcher repeated ploy to sell off and privatize more publicly owned assets, wait till the average Australian family is paying $25000 a year in private health insurance a year, that's the goal of the budget emergency plan....

How do these people go home and look into their children's eyes...
edit on 40ub312014p52am by subtopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 74joff

Yeah, I agree, he and Abbott have told heaps of untruths. In fact, for the next election, starting now so that people have this sink in, my opinion of these two is '"Phoney Tony and Low Blow Joe" due to Abbotts blatent(sp?) lies before the last election compared to how he is acting now and for Joe slugging the poor in his first budget. Can you imagine the mess we will be in if we let this mob have a second term? If they are treating us with this much contempt now think of what they will do to us if they get a second term

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: greatfriendbadfoe

A great deal has happened between now & when i first posted this thread way a back in july aussie folks can judge how relevant the thread has been for themselves.
Dont forget tax payers still paying for MH370 search plus now paying to send SAS/RAAF to the fight against ISIS.
So you should be all able to see Canberra has plenty of $$ to throw around when they feel like it. I really think they just hate the poor pure & simple!.

new topics

top topics

join