It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it ever okay for a man to punch a woman?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

If someone comes at you, you have the right to defend yourself. Man or woman.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I might have to get rough is this one charged me.

edit on 29-7-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I might have to get rough is this one charged me.
R3 is unbelievably talented. If you tried she'd break your arm in a minute.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
It's really no different if it's a guy or girl. If they are much smaller and weaker than you, you are a bully and you should get your head smacked around. But on the flip side there are plenty of women that are on the bully side of the coin, and they equally deserve a slap.

Equality and all that...

If a small person attacks you and you defend yourself then you are not a bully. To be a bully you have to be predatory. The attacker.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If a woman attacks you when you are not at fault, 1 kick up the baby maker should do the trick.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
No never....

Unless its self defence, if she lays the first punch then she forfits her rights to protection.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yeah in self defence. I wouldn't expect a man to just stand there and take it while a woman is beating the poop out of them. Same as if it were a man hitting a man or a woman hitting a woman. No one should have to just stand there and take a beating. No one should be beating people up any way. We should all just love each other and live in a world of rainbows and butterflies :p

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: christmaspig
No one should be beating people up any way.

Unless it's for sport and a referee is present. I have a lot of good friends that like to put on some gloves and go at it every now and then. We can beat each other snotless and every one is still friends at the end. I think it may even strengthen bonds.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well yeah fair enough as part of a sport. I meant just in general day to day life.
If two consenting people want to punch each other silly in a ring then fair enough.
a reply to: skunkape23

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
violence will never solve the problem of violence.....ever
it doesnt matter who is hitting who.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

First off, I'm old school. Men never hit women. Never. The sexes aren't equal.

Women have always been superior.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The only time it's okay to hit a man or a woman is in self defense. It doesn't matter what gender the other person is. You keep your hands to yourself unless it's an immediate self defense issue.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Luckily with the popularity of the UFC, people are learning of a new style of fighting where you really don't need to throw punches in order to win a fight.
A gentleman NEVER hits a lady.
If you come at a man violently, I believe you to not be a lady.
I can still remain a gentleman by not ever "hitting" anything, "Nite nite sweetheart, enjoy the headache"!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Women having been abusing, killing men for ever.

(It's called marriage)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I agree with most of the women here.
I had a friend, who has a male cousin. In high school, he broke up with his girlfriend, in school. She kicked him in the private area, so hard, he bled and had to go to the hospital.

In that case, for no real reason, if a woman does that, she deserves to be layed out. But he was obviously not in any position to do it.

I've heard of many women doing that, just because they were mad. They deserve to be knocked out.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
NOBODY deserves to be hit, no matter what their gender is. Violence begets violence, and if we search for reasons to justify it we're not really for peace. As long as people can justify the use of force in certain situations, there will be a need to defend oneself.
MOST men do not need to punch/hit/slap a female in defense, as they have size and strength on their side.

My children were taught it isn't okay to use physical force to get your point across.
A relationship should never reach the point of violence; end it, or seek counseling before it gets to that point.
Put your fist through a wall if you have to, but never EVER throw the first blow. Do the minimum you have to to defend yourself until you can get away, then end the friendship/relationship.

That said, if a stranger attacks it doesn't really matter what gender they are. We all have the right to defend ourselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I agree with most of the women here.
I had a friend, who has a male cousin. In high school, he broke up with his girlfriend, in school. She kicked him in the private area, so hard, he bled and had to go to the hospital.

In that case, for no real reason, if a woman does that, she deserves to be layed out. But he was obviously not in any position to do it.

I've heard of many women doing that, just because they were mad. They deserve to be knocked out.

No; she deserved to be subdued , prosecuted and sued.
When people decide to take the law into there own hands it becomes problematic because we all have different views of what is and isn't acceptable.

You can't use violence to break the cycle of violence and get peaceful results.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I'm a woman and I always say that if a woman comes at you like a man (physically) then she is asking to be treated like one. I KNOW this is not going to be a popular post, but it is what it is.

Do you hit her hard enough to break every bone in her face? No. Not unless that is the only way you can stop her. You don't need to keep beating her either as long as she doesn't keep coming for you.

Everyone has a right to protect themselves and there are too many women that think they have carte blanche to be as physical as they want because they are pretty secure in the knowledge that the guy will usually not strike back. That's unfair IMO.

Quit hollering equal rights then b*#%h and moan when you get it. If one wants to fight like a man, one must expect to be treated in the same manner.

Let the attack begin!!

Very well said!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You should've hidden in her blind spot.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

And if that witch came at you. Yeah, lay her out.

That was my point, I wouldn't give her a reason to "come at me". If she did without any reason then yah, defend yourself.

You must live in a "civilized" society where for the most part everyone obeys the rules. You said you were a girl and that also awesomely helps "going off" on others. You wouldn't do that to a woman if you were a man.

Not and get away with it.

"Laying people out" is a crime. Its called "Assault". Big talk behind a keyboard on the Internet. I doubt you "lay people out" in the real world.

If you do, enjoy your jail time.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join