It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it ever okay for a man to punch a woman?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Quite correctly, people have criticized the NFL for suspending a player only two games for punching his lady in the head when first drug infractions get much more.

Now I have to say I am Mr. Nonviolence. 64 years old. Zero fights. But today I was in the local supermarket express line that asks that you have 12 items or less, and I encountered a very aggressive female. She was in the process of unloading an overflowing cart of groceries. Many, many times past 12. I said, You know, this is the express line, 12 items. She started by claiming she didn't know this (I doubt it), and that her son had cancer (I'm not joking). And she grew more and more mad, until she was yelling that I should f--- myself. It was clear that she wanted to beat the crap out of me. To my American neighbors, she was not African American.

Now, if I had encountered this rather large woman in a non-public place, and she had come at me trying to beat me up, and given the fact that I am a small male who is 64 years old, would I have been right to punch this woman in order to protect myself from being beaten up?

If it's just angry words, no way. But self-defense for an old and little guy, I think yes. But NFL players are so big and powerful that I can't imagine where a punch would be justified unless a weapon was involved. For me, only in an extreme situation. I would try to run away first, but I'm not a very good runner any more.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's really no different if it's a guy or girl. If they are much smaller and weaker than you, you are a bully and you should get your head smacked around. But on the flip side there are plenty of women that are on the bully side of the coin, and they equally deserve a slap.

Equality and all that...

+8 more 
link   
I'm a woman and I always say that if a woman comes at you like a man (physically) then she is asking to be treated like one. I KNOW this is not going to be a popular post, but it is what it is.

Do you hit her hard enough to break every bone in her face? No. Not unless that is the only way you can stop her. You don't need to keep beating her either as long as she doesn't keep coming for you.

Everyone has a right to protect themselves and there are too many women that think they have carte blanche to be as physical as they want because they are pretty secure in the knowledge that the guy will usually not strike back. That's unfair IMO.

Quit hollering equal rights then b*#%h and moan when you get it. If one wants to fight like a man, one must expect to be treated in the same manner.

Let the attack begin!!

link   
a reply to: droid56
Male cops punch women all the time.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I said, You know, this is the express line, 12 items.

That was your first mistake. She is obviously looking for someone (anyone) to vent on and you just volunteered.

So what if you wait a little longer in line than normal?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I am not the best one to answer this. A bunch of women called Nuns needed a whooping when I was a young child and was not able to defend myself.

That aside, women want equality so if they do attack by all means defend yourself.

On the other hand, don't hit a lady. A Lady is not going to be attacking you though.

P

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I would say that if a woman of much bigger stature is coming at you full force and repeatedly strikes you - then yes it is okay to throw your own blow to stop the onslaught.

In any other scenario, I would say no it is definitely not okay.

An NFL player definitely has no excuse whatsoever and I agree he should be suspended longer if not kicked out completely.

I am sure most people have encountered a belligerent woman such as the one you described at least once in their lifetime. Personally - I have had a 250 lb woman (complete stranger) stick a handgun to my face and attempt to physically assault me. Me weighing in at about 140 pounds, had the woman not had a weapon I probably would've given her a nice wallop in the head for the sole purpose of escaping the situation. Put it this way - sometimes it is better to hit somebody to get yourself out of the situation. As opposed to say getting into an all out brawl which could turn out much worse for the person who would've only gotten one hit otherwise.

I wish I could say I was Mr. nonviolence.

I have been in a couple fist fights with other guys in my youth. I have never ever had to punch a woman and I would be more than happy to live my life without ever having to do so.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You said it perfectly mate! A man does not hit a lady. However a true lady would never come at you swinging.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I'm a woman and think, that while self defense is legitimate in an extreme case, violence should never be encouraged. You have a fundamental right to protect yourself like a woman does but I doubt you were in any danger at the grocery store.

There will always be those people who pick on a potentially weaker person. Punching women is a pretty slippery slope because the number of times a woman can genuinely outpower a man is rare. I'm really fit and my thirteen year old son who is almost my height is way stronger than me. Testosterone advantage and even at your age you probably have it. That's why society protects women but there's the odd freakiin scary biatch out there.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I have never had to hit a woman, and I have dealt with some feisty ones. I've been punched, kicked, and clawed by a few of them. I never encountered one I couldn't restrain until they settled down.
I'm afraid of possibly killing one if I punched her hard. Maybe if she had a weapon and I feared for my life. Otherwise I could never justify hitting a woman.
I knocked a guy on his ass once for punching a chick. I didn't even think about what I was doing. It was pure reflex.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Please understand that I didn't feel in danger in the supermarket, and physically defending myself from the aggressive woman wasn't contemplated by me. I was just wondering whether it would ever be justified if I was physically attacked by an angry strong woman with no one around. Highly unlikely scenario, no doubt.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Your physical strength might have made this possible. I'm not very strong now.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Learn to block or duck an incoming punch. It doesn't matter who is behind the swing, if you block it right and with enough opposing force, that person will think twice about swinging again.

You can hurt people with a hard block.

I had a Sensei tell me once "if someone hits you once it is their fault, if they hit you twice...it is yours."

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sorry,I'm female and i stand up for myself. He has every right to do the same. If someone is abusing a system (such as an express lane) and it causes you difficulty, then by all means stand up for yourself. People that are that aggressive are that way because they know that most Americans are total wimps and won't stand up and tell them they are wrong. They are banking on it. Nonsense, there is no reason to be afraid of your shadow. I do it when ever I'm out. If someone butts in line in front of me,they will get told. If someone runs into me and doesn't apologize they will get told. Whenever someone thinks they are pulling a fast one on me,they get told. If you don't like it,don't try to take advantage of others because you think they are too scared to stand up to you. And if that witch came at you. Yeah, lay her out.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Of course it is.

If a woman is violent and nobody does anything....that is wrong. Everyone needs putting in their place at times.

If anyone gets nasty for no apparent reason, they need to be removed from the situation. Women too. Women can be awful once they start throwing punches...much worse than men sometimes.

I keep hearing the phrase 'If only women ruled the world'.......I suspect if this were true we would probably live in an even worse political climate.....just imagine.

I feel the same way about any adult human.

As far as kids go, they should be able to defend themselves against each other too ,eg. boy hitting girl. Obviously this must not be encouraged.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Knock her ass out...if she comes at you....that's what I say, and I'm a woman. I dont like fighting, but I sure will defend myself. I hate those people who act like the rules apply to everyone but themselves....and then get in your face as if your the bad guy when theyre caught or called out .....she was all talk and no action. But in the future if ANYONE comes at you, strike back and defend yourself. If you don't think your a strong fighter and some woman in the grocery line comes at you, then take that grocery basket and slam it in her face. That'll stop her! It's funny how Women want equality UNTIL they want to fight.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I grew up being taught that you should never hit a girl......

My life experience has taught me different.

I treat every lady with respect but a few times in my life I have met women who took advantage of it and they like to become aggressive if they think you won't strike them.

Now at 48 years old I believe if a woman wants to act like a lady you treat them as suck, if they want to act like a man and want to fight then I will repay them in kind. I will defend myself against anyone. man or woman.

If a woman has thrown punches at me and struck me I have no problem knocking her out.

Chivalry is dead I guess.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I'm a woman and I always say that if a woman comes at you like a man (physically) then she is asking to be treated like one. I KNOW this is not going to be a popular post, but it is what it is.

Do you hit her hard enough to break every bone in her face? No. Not unless that is the only way you can stop her. You don't need to keep beating her either as long as she doesn't keep coming for you.

Everyone has a right to protect themselves and there are too many women that think they have carte blanche to be as physical as they want because they are pretty secure in the knowledge that the guy will usually not strike back. That's unfair IMO.

Quit hollering equal rights then b*#%h and moan when you get it. If one wants to fight like a man, one must expect to be treated in the same manner.

Let the attack begin!!

Yeah, what she said.

(she said it better than I did)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood

I don't think that means chivalry is dead at all. I think it means that you are giving a woman what she probably always fussed about.... Equality. You can't ask for it and then want to give it back when it didn't work out quite the way you wanted it to.

As another poster said... Always treat a woman like a lady as a lady would never come at you like a hellcat hyped up on Mt. Dew.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Im from a generation that was raised to never hit a woman .. and never have hit a woman.

Though with all the feminist bovine fecal matter and demands for equality .. then it should be equal in all things - send women to combat in line units .. they should also expect same as a man say / do something threatening .. insulting etc then expect to get called on it and be able to take a punch same as a man.

Its either all or nothing no picking and choosing you want to be equal than accept the full consequences of equality.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join