It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

high strangeness in an already strange land

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
uhhh, no, maybe you should READ it all CAREFULLY again (and follow the links this time)
there's more going on here than some geometric shapes overlayed on pictures
i did that to demonstrate how everything conforms to the geometry
(evidently some of these pics and the captions are lost on you, but kudo's for ridiculing what you don't seem to understand, that must work out well back in the "real world"..)

At what point did i ridicule anything?

I was trying to understand what you are getting at and I have no time to follow any links as I am too busy enjoying listening to a few Maiden albums right now. Talk about a band doing it right when they are all over 55.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

I never really liked Iron Maiden. Sure, their music has great instrumental value, but the singer always sounds like he got kicked in the nads. I always found that irritating.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yes! My favorite game!

Sorry OP, I've been waiting for the perfect time to drop this pic around here. Great presentation, although I personally think there's a LOT of over-thinking going on here. Just listen to Maiden and enjoy. or maybe some Cliff Burton-era Metallica instead?

The geometry connections seem tenuous at best, all I see are some examples of the rules of artistic compostion, masterfully applied. Familiar with Sacred Geometry? Fascinating to read about.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
"this.. means.. something"

a reply to: opethPA

At what point did i ridicule anything?

you had me at hello

So let me see if i get this right.. You took Maiden album covers and added your own lines and shapes to them then upon adding those lines and shapes you see something weird, a stretch at best, so that means the album cover had something weird about them. Does that about sum up your thread?

but i hear ya (my apologies) post something back here one day if you read the associated material?

the clouds really do taste metallic..
O_o ..i starred very? (sign me up, are you selling berkey water filters too?)

i grew up on maiden & heavy metal.
it all references this stuff (what some of us just call 'the new-age' scene) for a reason..
at the time it was rebellious & appealing but then we all grew up
now all the mainstream stuff seems to be doing it too..
..fun

The geometry connections seem tenuous at best, all I see are some examples of the rules of artistic compostion, masterfully applied. Familiar with Sacred Geometry? Fascinating to read about.

while i was in arcadia i just chucked that "geometry" in to show it was actually there (tenuous)

ever seen an old disney cartoon called "donald duck in math-a-magic land"?

speaking of tenuous things that were thrown in just to show they were there..
the cartoon makes a small appearance here

and how dare you insult the legendary bruce dickinson, believer? ban him! >_<

edit on 28-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: along with the sea creatures but they lived on so did he.. and by the light of the moon, he prays for their beauty not doom.. with heart he blesses them, God's creatures all of them too.. then.. the spell starts to break.. the albatross falls from his neck, sinks down like lead & edits the post, then down in falls comes the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn XD

edit on 28-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: swept up a little

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4
you're convinced there's nothing to all this, aren't you?

which is fine.. although i do find it strange, stuff like

Really? The Eye of Horus? Really?

coming from someone sporting a sig which says ✈ ▌▌=Inside Job
/shrugs
there's not much more i can say to things like that
which haven't already been said in the little picture captions posted previously
btw, did you see the parts where the guy embedded all this weird stuff into his artwork?

maybe people could just ask themselves, why would the band incorporate an artists signature into their own logo?
there is more going on here, try reading those associated links

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

While i am a firm believer there is a lot of symbolism used in the media,entertainment industry (especially when it comes to rock & pop culture)
I can also say with certainty Geometry is a factor in all art work to a degree, i point you to the 'Vesica piscis' in understanding this better.

I find the choice of the example interesting as there are hundreds if not thousands of more clear cut examples of 'deliberate' Geometrical symbolism.
The thread is well put together and presented, some of the pics are a stretch in my opinion others are more accurate.

Why do the letters look odd ? lol
edit on 28-7-2014 by JokerThe1st because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

/points to signature link
sig. link
first stumbled across this stuff while looking into some well known french architecture (& artists) some years back

yep. i hear what you're saying.
some rationality is needed sometimes..
i'm not saying because there's a triangle on eddie we should all shave our cats & convert to the euro
i'm saying the geometry is there (and maybe people could just 'check into that' & what it may/may not mean if they cared to)

what i'm really interested in.. is the reference to the union & all the associated new-age symbolism in the earlier heavy metal (and now pop) scene.. what's being put forth here in this topic involves a little backstory..
the sig. link would probably serve as a natural segue into all that "stuff"
thanks for being here

yep it's all italicized over here too
/orders some garlic bread & waits for the feds to arrive, possibly dressed as half-human, half-machine 'eddie' cops

edit on 28-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: someones been hitting the ouzo & listening to zorba the greek

edit on 28-7-2014 by UNIT76 because: some appropriate 'piece of mind' tracks: flight of italics / sun and CAPS / to tame a forum / the troller / die with your CAPS on

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Well presented thread though somewhat stretching it to try and make your points.
Sidenote - I noticed you had circled 11:58, which btw is in reference to Maiden's song "2 Minutes To Midnight".

I am a long time fan of Iron Maiden, they're what started me playing guitar. I agree with a previous poster who said this:

You should really just listen to their songs rather than spending your time marking up the artwork.

Interesting none the less. S & F.

Kind Regards,
F_R

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Frank_Rizzo

yep, i got the 2 minutes to midnight / 11:58 thing back there (mentioning how the artist was no *stranger* to the idea of embedding such content, implying where might this embedding end?)
i appreciate what you & others say here ('reaching too far' but still getting a pat on the head) the emphasis on "geometry" was for an associated presentation here (jack the giant slayer movie intro)

..listened to somewhere in time again the other day, "everything is awesome"

i think they were awesome from killers to seventh son (everything else is kinda #) but all the earlier heavy-metal stuff & all this modern day pop stuff is *somehow* a vehicle for all the occult NWO agenda stuff *wink*
/shrugs

thanks for the manners
anyway, i starred ya too & poke bugs up my nose for my insanity, what do you do?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join