It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divided We Fall: The Border Crisis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Newsflash everyone! There’s an influx of migrant children crossing our border. But what will Congress do about it? ReBLOODlicans want to deport ‘em all! DemoCRIPS are crying for more taxpayer money! But these are child refugees from violent countries. So I'm asking you, my vigilant viewers, do you really want to send them back?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Newsflash everyone! There’s an influx of migrant children crossing our border. But what will Congress do about it? ReBLOODlicans want to deport ‘em all! DemoCRIPS are crying for more taxpayer money! But these are child refugees from violent countries. So I'm asking you, my vigilant viewers, do you really want to send them back?

They are going to live in violent ghettos here. Is that any better than where they came from? Besides, there's a lot of people living in the conditions you mentioned in other countries across the globe. Should they all come here as "refugees"? Then what?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

As much as it would be great to save the whole world the US is crumbling under it's own problems. My vote is deport every single person that crosses the border illegally. And then all the other illegal aliens within the country.

Maybe we could have a national holiday celebrating immigrants who are trying to legally come into this country. Not too much mention of them in the MSM.

FWIW I'm an unaffiliated Libertarian.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Hello Jesse, Almost none of this latest wave of immigrants/refugees has snuck across the border. They surrender to the Border Patrol agents. Today, there are more Border Patrol personnel than ever before, and far more resources are needed to house the immigrants and to speed up processing. Some in Congress are willing to hold up the resources that are needed.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

As much as it would be great to save the whole world the US is crumbling under it's own problems. My vote is deport every single person that crosses the border illegally. And then all the other illegal aliens within the country.

Maybe we could have a national holiday celebrating immigrants who are trying to legally come into this country. Not too much mention of them in the MSM.

FWIW I'm an unaffiliated Libertarian.
Well exactly. There are people waiting on lists for years. Guess they are less than worthy of living in the US than those so many want to "rescue" from "horrible conditions". Hey what about those living in Palestine? Maybe we should just fly them all here instead of allowing them to be persecuted and killed by the Israelis. That should go over real big, huh?

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
LOL, we have been debating this topic for weeks in numerous threads. There is a lot I could say but I would have to dig up links and am busy right now. I look forward to seeing more replies.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hey Jesse. This is a pic of the poor, under nourished, impoverished "children" that were living in danger in their home countries. They look any of that to you? Do they all even look like "children"? One is holding a cellphone.

That pic came from this article. Collin County Commissioner Warns of "Illegal Immigration Tsunami"

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Children? Or Minors?

There are laws in place, laws that George Bush signed into law, that prevent Obama from doing anything other than what he is doing with these unaccompanied minors. These minors aren't from Mexico, they are from South American countries.

Republicans want to paint them as dirty diseased gang members, when in fact they truly are refugees fleeing countries where they are very likely to die if they stayed.

Americans are showing their true, greedy, selfish, and heartless colors with this crisis.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Children? Or Minors?

There are laws in place, laws that George Bush signed into law, that prevent Obama from doing anything other than what he is doing with these unaccompanied minors. These minors aren't from Mexico, they are from South American countries.

Republicans want to paint them as dirty diseased gang members, when in fact they truly are refugees fleeing countries where they are very likely to die if they stayed.

Americans are showing their true, greedy, selfish, and heartless colors with this crisis.

Hey let's let all the Palestinian children in too? OK? They're being bombed and burned every day. Sound like a good idea?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I wish I could remember which thread a member posted a link to a lot of pics of the so called 'children'. There were tons of grown men. In other pics there teens on the verge of adulthood, men and women. Also info on the cheat sheets found telling these people to say they are refugees.

Where on earth are all these adults going to find employment with millions of our own citizens out of work? How can we help all these people when so many of our citizens are sleeping in the streets and hungry? Our shelters are filled to capacity, tent cities everywhere, food kitchens are in constant need of donations. In some areas, people have to wait on a list for years to get cheap housing. Our poor need help, our vets and elderly need help, our children need help, yet illegals always have their needs met. It's sad that anyone should suffer no matter where they are from, but if our own are falling through the cracks, homeless and jobless, how are we to help others??

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Because they want to see help going first to the homeless and hungry citizens? We have children who can't even play in their own backyards for fear of being shot. People seem to ignore the plight of our citizens and they should matter too!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yes I saw much of that too. I think we all know the truth of the matter, but some, for political reasons, cannot admit it. This mass movement probably has more than one purpose and the timing isn't unimportant. The mid-term elections are only a few months away. These bodies are needed to vote to help the democrats keep the senate or Obama, will be at the very least, relegated to censured status if not impeached.

Beyond that, this mass immigration will help usher in the collapse of the middle class. No more middle class. Only 1%ers and then everyone else. The next market bubble popping, coupled with a whole bunch of unemployed immigrants, some already involved in gang activity, should make for a pretty incendiary period.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Hey Jesse. This is a pic of the poor, under nourished, impoverished "children" that were living in danger in their home countries. They look any of that to you? Do they all even look like "children"? One is holding a cellphone.

That pic came from this article. Collin County Commissioner Warns of "Illegal Immigration Tsunami"

I have these...

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The mid-term elections are only a few months away. These bodies are needed to vote to help the democrats keep the senate or Obama, will be at the very least, relegated to censured status if not impeached.

Just because someone is on US soil doesn't give them the right to vote (legally). They need to be a citizen first. To become a citizen, they have to be legal and permanent residents for some number of years. Only then can they apply. I'll be really passed if they all get a pardon and citizenship before November. If Obama tries that, the courts will throw it out.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

The mid-term elections are only a few months away. These bodies are needed to vote to help the democrats keep the senate or Obama, will be at the very least, relegated to censured status if not impeached.

Just because someone is on US soil doesn't give them the right to vote (legally). They need to be a citizen first. To become a citizen, they have to be legal and permanent residents for some number of years. Only then can they apply. I'll be really passed if they all get a pardon and citizenship before November. If Obama tries that, the courts will throw it out.
Where have you been? People vote even when they're dead - sometimes multiple times. What do you think voter ID is and why the democrats are so opposed to it? They claim it will prevent people from voting. Well duh! Of course it will prevent the dead and the illegal from voting.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

With VOTER ID this will not work all you have to DO is throw a body at them without one.
They don't want our trouble if we see a threat shooting BACK send them back ASAP and patrol a bit harder.
edit on 25-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Really?

Illegal Aliens Caught Voting and Stealing Elections In Florida In Vast Numbers.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Hey let's let all the Palestinian children in too? OK? They're being bombed and burned every day. Sound like a good idea?

If they get here then yes, we shouldn't turn them away.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A gilded cage, no matter how nice is still a jail. I would disagree with you Jessie, on these being refugee’s. If you look, at what is going on in the world, including the recent history, when there are refugees that are fleeing violence and trying to save themselves, who all is there, there are family units, not just children. They do not flee thousands of miles, but often to neighboring countries outside of the borders of their own countries and seek protection. If these truly were refugees, then where are the parents? Where are the rest of the family members? I do not buy the refugee bit at all, it makes no sense, nor does it hold up to reason. Unless it is a precursor to something far worse that is moving both north and south, that will engulf central America in violence.
So which is it, a case of refugees with an oncoming storm? Or is it something else?
And for all of its hype and problem where is the UN in this mess? Why are they not looking into the situation that is causing this problem? They tend to be silent and absent in all of this, nor does it appear as though they are trying to set up camps or try to stem the tide, by trying to relocate to closer countries, along with the parents. Surely there are other countries in both the central, Latin and South American countries that could also give refuge and sanctuary to all of these children. It makes no sense nor does it appear to be happening.

And then there are the parents, where are they in all of this mess, why are they not seeking asylum in the US, by going to a US consulate. Nothing about this make sense, nor is it something that should be happening, with a larger influx, through thousands of miles, with all of the dangers and predators along the way to end up in a prison. Something does not seem correct.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
we should get the christians in iraq to come.

they are refugees.

and no, i don't believe the people are trying to escape south america.

they should stop at mexico. they shouldn't even BE IN mexico!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join