It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigators obtain ObamaCare coverage, subsidies using fake identities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
LOL

Government investigators have been able to sign up for Obama.Care compliant heath insurance and get subsidies approved using fake ID and fake info.

This was included in a report by the Government Accountability Office

They were able to "infiltrate" via phone and web access.

A House subcommittee has been told of this in a hearing.

So, it's official.

What a joke. Makes people wonder if the real sign-up numbers are even real or fake themselves.

Undercover government investigators were able to obtain thousands of dollars in taxpayer subsidies under ObamaCare using fake identities, according to findings presented to Congress on Wednesday.

The probe by the Government Accountability Office has raised fresh concerns about the ability of the sprawling health care program to prevent or intercept costly fraud schemes. In the case of the GAO investigation, 11 out of 12 applications submitted using "fictitious identities" were accepted, resulting in subsidized health coverage.

"For each of our 11 approved applications, we paid the required premiums to put policies into force, and are continuing to pay the premiums. For the 11 applications that were approved for coverage, we obtained the advance premium tax credit in all cases," the report said.

At least Obama.Care is working for some people, even if they are shadows and ghosts !!

Investigators obtain ObamaCare coverage, subsidies using fake identities

reminds me of a Mark Dice operation

edit on Jul-23-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

What a joke. Makes people wonder if the real sign-up numbers are even real or fake themselves.

They were fake.

The current administration for the past 6 years has been faking the numbers.

From unemployment to 'support' for immigration,gun control laws,to every other political issue.

We have a fake 'president' that has been telling the sheep that 2+2=5.

edit on 23-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Your links won't load.

This leaves me with a number of questions. When "they" say fake ID's, what does that mean? Did they use the valid ID's of other people? Dead People? Fictional people? Did they use valid but stolen Social Security numbers?

Is any system safe from fraud? I know I've had to change my B of A and Chase cards numerous times due to fraud.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Link works fine for me...already shared the story on FB...

Des

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Is any system safe from fraud? I

Well the only people allowed to 'defraud' anyone are those shills on capitol hill.

Considering this:

Every day, personal information is the subject of hundreds of thousands of hacking attempts from all over the world. From nation states to crime rings, knowing and exploiting your information is big business.

The Federal Data Services Hub (Hub), a component of the health insurance exchanges created by Obamacare, connects seven different government agencies and establish new access points to the sensitive personal information of the American public.

Obamacare data hub looms as privacy threat: Column

The data hub will contain volumes of Americans' personal information and will be shared among numerous federal agencies, including the IRS, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security, as well as state governments. It will be used and accessed by thousands of bureaucrats as they seek to enroll people in the ObamaCare exchanges.

ObamaCare poses security threat: Column

I think they WILLFULLY ignore the LAW to get as many people signed up REAL OR NOT to make the administration 'look good'.

But they have been doing that since day 1 of his election.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Your links won't load.

This leaves me with a number of questions. When "they" say fake ID's, what does that mean? Did they use the valid ID's of other people? Dead People? Fictional people? Did they use valid but stolen Social Security numbers?

Is any system safe from fraud? I know I've had to change my B of A and Chase cards numerous times due to fraud.

Government Accountability Office

The GAO said its investigators concocted fake identities using invalid Social Security numbers and falsely claiming citizenship or legal residence. In other cases, they made up income figures that would disqualify them from getting subsidies.

Story Article

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Seems the OP and the link to have been fixed and edited.....

As some of you may know, I think that the ACA is a basically good idea that needs fixing. This is another kink that needs to be ironed out.

edit on 23-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
At this point - I think it is safe to say Crime syndicates have the SSN of every single American out there. Seriously - look at all the data breaches in the past few years alone and tell me it is not true. Computer hackers have stolen everything they need to create an endless empire of money coming in through fraud.

But yea - it is an absolute joke they were able to scam Obamacare this easily and get all that money.

You know what I read a while back?

An address in Orlando received something like 500 tax return checks one year. I # you not. This one address alone got over 800k dollars in tax return checks. And apparently this happens every year - houses with nobody living in them used by identity thieves have hundreds of thousands of dollars in scammed tax money being delivered. How on Earth does the IRS not notice that many returns going to the same address?

How the hell does the Post Office not notice something is up?

What a joke.

Another thing - I GUARANTEE you the Obamacare exchange has already been hacked at least once. And it is damn near the best place to hack to get all the information id thieves would ever need.
edit on 23-7-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Awesome. So the entity who can't prevent crap like this is suppose to run our healthcare system for the whole of the US?

And people still think the gov running this is a good idea?

People still want to rely in these inept idiots to make sure they get the proper care?

edit on 7/23/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Awesome. So the entity who can't prevent crap like this is suppose to run our healthcare system for the whole of the US?

And people still think the gov running this is a good idea?

People still want to rely in these inept idiots to make sure they get the proper care?

Look how they run the VA.

I Sure the hell don't want them anywhere near my healthcare.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

What money? The article says that they paid for their insurance and were deemed eligible for subsides. Subsides are only awarded in tax benefits, as in when they file taxes. The fictional entities aren't going to be filing taxes.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
have they been arrested for fraud?...might do them good to be put in the slammer for a year or so...you know, just to show what happens when people deliberately try to illegally screw something up.....it would be a learning experience for them, it might wipe those grins off their faces.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What money?

The money WE ARE SHELLING out to pay for those 'subsidies'.

Since EVERYONE is paying for those who signed up for Obama care.

Taxpayers pay for ALL government subsidies.

So we are shelling out money from our pocket for people that don't even EXIST.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I read that this morning, and was sickened by the lack of care and concern for us, the American people.

Hey! When they have a big 'ol money tree like hard-working tax payers, they couldn't care less how much is wasted.

I think they have been told to sign up any and everybody...period. Information is what they want.

(I just can't pinpoint exactly who "they" are yet, but I have a suspicion.)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

This can't be true...fraud, crime rampant on his "signature policy achievement"?!

That Chicago community organizer crimes are really telling for this dictator...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What money?

The money WE ARE SHELLING out to pay for those 'subsidies'.

Since EVERYONE is paying for those who signed up for Obama care.

Taxpayers pay for ALL government subsidies.

So we are shelling out money from our pocket for people that don't even EXIST.

have them arrested and thrown in jail, it would set a good example.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: lightedhype

What money? The article says that they paid for their insurance and were deemed eligible for subsides. Subsides are only awarded in tax benefits, as in when they file taxes. The fictional entities aren't going to be filing taxes.

It's complicated isn't it.

Different ways, different pays...

Subsidies – Tax Credits for Eligible Consumers

edit on Jul-23-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
have they been arrested for fraud?...might do them good to be put in the slammer for a year or so...you know, just to show what happens when people deliberately try to illegally screw something up.....it would be a learning experience for them, it might wipe those grins off their faces.

It's a government investigation

Immunity and "Prosecutorial Discretion" apply.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

have them arrested and thrown in jail, it would set a good example.

I would rather have ACA defenders arrested, and thrown in jail for supporting the current administration who DEFRAUDED the public.

That would set a good example.

Accessories after the fact.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

lol, this is the next "scandal" on the line, we'll see Darrel "the arsonist" Issa, waste everyone's time and dime, again...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join