It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HHS: 96% of 45,157 Illegal Alien Children ‘Discharged’ to ‘Sponsor’ in the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Your point is well taken, but I would ask you to consider our options.

With all due respect, since this is not our problem as I stated before, why should I have to consider anything
I shouldn't and I don't

At this point I would ask you what should be done.

The countries themselves need to address this issue, not the American citizens
The UN needs to act on the crisis by doing something about it within the offending country, not shipping the problems to someone else to take care of
That is not solving the problem, only sweeping it under the rug

What is your understanding of due process of law?

Those that enter illegally are not eligible to process of the law and should be sent back
When someone follows the proper protocol to obtain citizenship, yes, they are allowed a fair trial

Are not any of these immigrants/refugees entitled to refugee status?

Now you are soft soaking this by calling them refugees

When shots are being fired at the border patrol agents, and 'mules' are paid to smuggle them across the border illegally, their status is that of a criminal, NOT a refugee
BTW, I especially don't consider the gang bangers coming in here 'refugees' ---all they are going to do is reek havoc on our streets

To me, this is a major test of whether or not the US can continue calling itself exceptional.

The US used to be exceptional, but we are destroying ourselves

Between the trillion dollar debt that is never ending, printing money that we don't have, the high unemployment, 48% of the population on some form of government assistance [which you might as well add all these new illegals] etc. etc.

One day, we are going to implode and it ain't going to be pretty

As Lincoln once said, "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves from within"

Congress is at an all time low
Obama's approval rating keeps dropping
The American people have no confidence in what their government says/does
The other countries have little to no respect for Obama and his leadership, they see him as week

Maybe for me, right now is not a good time to be taking on someone else responsibilities when we can't even take care of our own
We have to get our own 'House' in order before we take on any more burdens
And right now, it's not looking too good at the moment

My apologies if I seem harsh, but there are way too many Americans that need help first before we allow illegals to get bumped in front of them, which is why many in Chicago and other areas are pissed off right now

Much respect~
snarky

edit on 22-7-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This is a done deal. Basic preparation had already been done before they ever got here....guarantee you. The shadows in the government knew and planned for this long ago. The train has left the station on this particular invasion. If you don't make demands now, others WILL be coming. Connect these dots: White House, CCHD, businesses and non profits that get rich off Poverty programs involving housing and services, and the rest of the Catholic Church in Central America along with CCHD.

Refugees and asylum applicants are two different things. The women and children coming in were human shields, imo. My heart breaks for the kids. Our citizens will reach out to them because American people are good at heart. We always have a soft spot for the children. The government knows that and used not only us, but them as well.

These people will vote whether they are citizens are not. Hide and watch. Our districts will be altered. Our systems will be stretched to the limit. Our taxes will rise. And the companies associated with the non profits getting all the big grants to house and service this influx will prosper.

The next wave is in the works as we speak. America is being fundamentally transformed as we watch, and I don't think it's going to be a utopia for any of us. History is being changed.

MICHELLE OBAMA: "Barack knows that we are going to have to make sacrifices; we are going to have to change our conversation; we're going to have to change our traditions, our history; we're going to have to move into a different place as a nation."

edit on 22-7-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Well said. I wish more people could understand what is really happening.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

So people living on the streets and in tent cities living in the 'richest' Nation in the world are getting what kind of help? Children going to bed hungry in the richest Nation in the world....how rich are they? How rich are the elderly choosing between food and medicine? How 'rich' can we be when we are trillions of dollars in debt?????

As for discrimination, ask the millions of unemployed why jobs are held by illegals instead of them. Ask a citizen why in some cases are they required to speak spanish in their own Country to get a job that has nothing to do with international business or being a translator.

Oh my. Ironic conservative position #2 "What about our own poor people?" How anyone can say that with a straight face is beyond me. We're spending north of $700 billion a year on the military which is double what we were spending in 2001. We're spending tens of billions on programs to spy on American citizens and tens of billions more to "fight" the fake War on Drugs. Then there's another $180 billion or so on corporate welfare. If you've become a bleeding heart, maybe you should spend some time questioning these expenditures. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will have cost us about $6 trillion when it's all said and done, for what? Whatever these 50,000-60,000 unaccompanied minors will end up costing us will be a drop in the proverbial bucket. There are about 4 million births in the U.S. each year. If we are running at max capacity should we encourage people to stop having kids?

Also, once again the topic is the recent surge in unaccompanied minors, why are you intent on conflating the issue? Are these children going to "take" some more of those awesome super-low paying jobs?

As for the national debt — Take a look at the national debt as percentage of GDP historically. I'm not saying that we shouldn't be concerned with reducing our debt, but it's foolish to think that we're in uncharted waters debt wise or that these kids are the straw that is going to break the camel's back.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Those that enter illegally are not eligible to process of the law and should be sent back

How's that? We have laws, passed by Congress and signed by the President, that say otherwise and it's not a new thing. Take a look yourself.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Also, once again the topic is the recent surge in unaccompanied minors, why are you intent on conflating the issue? Are these children going to "take" some more of those awesome super-low paying jobs?

You mean these kids? It has been made crystal clear in the many illegal threads here that they are not just unaccompanied children coming through.

As for those super low paying jobs, it is an honest living and our people have worked them since they have been around. If you want more folks to work in the fields, we have work permits for seasonal workers.

Many of the latest illegals are not just little kids, but teens on the verge of adulthood, men and women. We already have millions of unemployed people. Where are these illegals going to find work?

As for our government spending ridiculous amounts of money on other things, no one here will argue with you about that. We agree!!!! The problem however is that yes they find the money for all those things AND to care for illegals and still...we have homeless and hungry people right here being ignored. We can't just ignore them and say oh well.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

"With all due respect, since this is not our problem as I stated before, why should I have to consider anything
I shouldn't and I don't"

I think we have a different idea of what "our problem" means. I guess that this is not our problem if we ship them all back. But there are those Americans, for instance, Mass. Gov. Duval Patrick who has shown the willingness of his state to welcome these temporary refugees, as well as other states. I am still waiting for the detractors to tell me what should be done. Obama has already said that most will be returned. Are you outraged that it is not soon enough?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
You mean these kids?

That is dishonest. I don't think anyone said every illegal in custody is a child and those in the pics you posted are not eligible for the relief granted to children.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Again, you're attempting to conflate two completely distinct issues to inject doubt that these children EVEN EXIST. We're talking about children and you keep showing the same two unsourced pictures of adult males at border control stations. What is this the third time you've posted these?

First time
Second time

If you just keep pretending that we're talking about grown men instead of children, then you don't have to acknowledge your complete lack of compassion?

edit on 2014-7-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Obama has already said that most will be returned. Are you outraged that it is not soon enough?

The "outrage" comes when they don't show up for the court date.

90% of illegals skip immigration court appearances; 135,000 will go missing

4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens

It seems the "bail" system is broken.

edit on Jul-23-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
It seems that you are just repeating yourself. How many of these recent immigrants/refugees have even had court hearings to miss? I expect a lot more from you. This is pathetic.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

What is it with you and all these questions?

You respond to comments with questions, never really adding to the discussion itself
And then when we all answer your questions, you reword your question and throw it at us again with a different spin to it
Yet, you are never satisfied with the response it seems

Well, you can take your questions and bug someone else now

As I stated before, I've said what I said
If you don't like it or don't get it, oh well, your problem not mine

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
It seems that you are just repeating yourself. How many of these recent immigrants/refugees have even had court hearings to miss? I expect a lot more from you. This is pathetic.

Well if they're granted "refugee" or "amnesty"status, they get to stay in the U.S. without question.

At that point, "court" may be somewhat meaningless ?

The ones released pending a hearing may not show up.

There is a history.

Read the article a few posts up.

"Trust" but verify applies.

Refugees & Asylum

refugees

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Again, you're attempting to conflate two completely distinct issues to inject doubt that these children EVEN EXIST. We're talking about children and you keep showing the same two unsourced pictures of adult males at border control stations. What is this the third time you've posted these?

First time
Second time

If you just keep pretending that we're talking about grown men instead of children, then you don't have to acknowledge your complete lack of compassion?

I only show those pics when someone asks me if I'm afraid the little kids will do this or that. We all know that there are kids coming through. I have a ton of compassion, but you don't know me personally, so you can't know that.

edit on 23-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I posted the pics after you said this:

"Are these children going to "take" some more of those awesome super-low paying jobs?"

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Obama has already said that most will be returned. Are you outraged that it is not soon enough?

The "outrage" comes when they don't show up for the court date.

90% of illegals skip immigration court appearances; 135,000 will go missing

4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens

It seems the "bail" system is broken.

We should be outraged about unaccompanied children? Are these children expected to murder many people this year? More conflation. Also, your source's source doesn't load but I'm familiar with this well debunked estimate made by U.S. Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) in a post on his website on May 5, 2006. Not a House Committee report.

THE FACTS: King claimed he had "extrapolated" his numbers from a study by the General Accounting Office, Congress' nonpartisan investigative arm, that he said showed 28% of inmates in local jails and state and federal prisons were "criminal aliens." What the GAO study actually showed was that 28% of all federal prisoners (federal prisoners make up 12%-17% of the total incarcerated population in the U.S.) were either legal or illegal immigrants. The study did not distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants. It also stated that about 50% of those immigrants were only charged with being in the country illegally, a federal misdemeanor. Just 12% of the total in federal custody were there for murder, rape, robbery or other violent crimes. Regarding the claim of 45,000 Americans murdered by illegal immigrants, FBI statistics show some 85,000 murders from 9/11 to the end of 2006. If the claim by Boyles and others were true, that would mean undocumented immigrants, who make up under 4% of the U.S. population, were responsible for 53% of all murders.

source

also debunked here and again here and here.

You might remember Steve King from this remark:

King, a staunch opponent of immigration reform, had said that 'for everyone who is a valedictorian, there’s another hundred out there, they weigh 130 pounds and with calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.' He refused Sunday to back down from the remark.

source

Not only is this just BS, but what does it have to do with unaccompanied minors?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Dear Mr. X, I think that you might be jumping the gun. Keep in mind that Obama has already said that they will be returned. But my fundamental question to you that still remains unanswered is, are not some of these immigrants/refugees entitled to refugee status? I implore you to answer this very important question.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Are these children expected to murder many people this year?

We aren't worried about those kids murdering people, but rather the older gang member kids. Now that's scary!
Most of the unaccompanied children have parents here and will be re-united with them. Those who have no families will surely be able to apply as refugees.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Dear Snarky. I don't know what you said, and I don't know what you meant,
but I wouldn't mind being stranded on a desert island with you. It would not be boring.

edit on 23-7-2014 by Diderot because: Somebody made me type a "t" instead of a :d"

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
Dear Snarky. I don't know what you said, and I don't know what you meant,
but I wouldn't mint being stranded on a desert island with you. It would not be boring.

Hahahahaha! We needed a bit of light humor in here! Thanks for that. LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join