It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

0.8% of American girls claim virgin births, study shows!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This really belongs in the "You can't make this #### up" forum, but it loosely fits in here!

Nearly 1 percent of young women in a U.S. study who have become pregnant claim to have done so as virgins, according to a report in the Christmas edition of Britain's BMJ medical journal.

The authors of "Like a virgin (mother)" - whose prose is devoid of irony - say such scientifically impossible claims show researchers must use care in interpreting self-reported behavior. Fallible memory, beliefs and wishes can cause people to err in what they tell scientists.

source

Now, one could insert religious overtones and such, but I don't think that's really the case here. I mean, seriously, who do they think they're kidding? lol

Great title for a scientific paper though!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
0.8% of US girls don't want to fess up to "sexy time" while they are teens, unmarried, or in a sexless marriage. 0.08% of US girls obviously expect 100% of the US population to be either ignorant or polite enough to drop it.

I don't think they REALLY believe it themselves. If they do, then 0.08% of the population may need to seek immediate medical attention.... And not for immaculate conception.
edit on 7/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, actually virgin birth is possible, but it is very rare. Now how would I know if I was actually a child born totally from my mother? Just because she has sex does not mean that is what impregnated her either. So who knows what the real rate is, people would automatically think that the baby was a creation of the one having sex with the girl...maybe it isn't. So if you discount all the people who are having sex, how can you make a rate. Maybe one percent of all the girls having sex still had a virgin birth event, even though they were not virgins. There is a name for this event, but I can't remember what it is.

So how many Messiahs are running around out there in diapers?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Its only ever been recorded to have happened in animals never a human.

If it ever happened your looking at 1 in a billion or likley more.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

LOL To be fair, many of them may not remember the "sexy" time, just the hangover.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Its only ever been recorded to have happened in animals never a human.

If it ever happened your looking at 1 in a billion or likley more.

So say one in a billion is possible. That means there could be seven Messiahs on earth right now?
They sure aren't fixing this place.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The only way a virgin birth is possible is if someway somehow unexpected semen got inside the woman. A man could ejaculate in her panties, she could use a towel with dried semem on it (for whatever purpose) or a man can put it in her while she's asleep... You get the idea. It's rare these things happen but they happen...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I know somebody who had a virgin birth - my sister! Her hymen was intact and she was pregnant.

She was doing a lot of heavy petting with the boy across the street and he ejaculated.

Apparently hymen's are not water tight.
Some semen got in there and she got pregnant.

My mother worked in the medical profession for 30 years and she told me the whole thing. My sister still doesn't know I know this about her

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Howdy,

The name of the phenomenon is parthenogenesis.

en.wikipedia.org...

Never observed in humans, easily tested by DNA test... And of course, as has been stated elsewhere, only viable in the case of females giving birth to females.

Regards,
Hydeman

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Brilliant. S&F'd

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Maybe they mean they're virgins in a cultural sense.

They promised to stay virgins and thus identify as virgins, and just because they tried sex once doesn't mean they can't repent and be virgins again.

There's also straight pastors who have sex with men, but they'd never call themselves "gay" or "bisexual".
Maybe it's not what you do, but what you identify as.
edit on 22-7-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette
I know somebody who had a virgin birth - my sister! Her hymen was intact and she was pregnant.

She was doing a lot of heavy petting with the boy across the street and he ejaculated.

Apparently hymen's are not water tight.
Some semen got in there and she got pregnant.

My mother worked in the medical profession for 30 years and she told me the whole thing. My sister still doesn't know I know this about her

Thats not a virgin birth

Semen still entered her.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

G, day mate. It is nice to learn something new.
Thankyou

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
the answer would be alcohol with a twist of denial

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

To be fair, I see what you are saying but this requires redefining virgin. Semen isn't the cornerstone of virginity. In fact, I wouldn't even consider it part of the equation. If a man (or boy) is born without testicles or had something...snipped...you can't say "virginity" isn't in play anymore because semen isn't present.

virgin birth should be split in two: "divine virgin birth" and "curiosity killed the cat" virgin birth.
edit on Tueu2014-07-22T20:24:03-05:00kf2014Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:24:03 -05002014-07-22T20:24:03-05:002014v by DuckforcoveR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hydeman11

Howdy,

The name of the phenomenon is parthenogenesis.

en.wikipedia.org...

Never observed in humans, easily tested by DNA test... And of course, as has been stated elsewhere, only viable in the case of females giving birth to females.

Regards,
Hydeman

Thanks for looking it up. As stated, "it has never been observed in humans". That does not say it can't happen, only that it has not been observed. It is still possible, but always does create females as you stated. Now was Jesus really a man?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pronto

Cheers! You're most welcome!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

0.8% of US girls don't want to fess up to "sexy time" while they are teens, unmarried, or in a sexless marriage.

In first-century Jerusalem, the percentage was much higher, because you might get stoned to death.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

She was a virgin. Her hymen was intact.

Wikipedia: VIRGINITY

Some cultures require proof of a bride's virginity before her marriage. This has traditionally been tested by the presence of an intact hymen, which was verified by either a physical examination (usually by a physician, who provided a certificate of virginity) or by a "proof of blood," which refers to vaginal bleeding that results from the tearing of the hymen after the first sanctioned sexual contact.[33][34][35] In some cultures, the nuptial blood-spotted bed sheet would be displayed as proof of both consummation of marriage and that the bride was a virgin.[34][35]

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
0.8% are lying lol

That's just one of those things we figured out the cause of a long time ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join