It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy spirit/ghost, angels, demons, aliens,shekinah glory, and all that Jazz.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Holy spirit, angels, demons, aliens, soul, and all that Jazz.

Due to a conversation I was having on another topic I would love to hear what members believe these things really are.

From our most ancient text.

2 Chronicles 7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Shekinah Glory

7 Now when Solomon had finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices, and the glory of the Lord filled the house. 2 The priests could not enter into the house of the Lord because the glory of the Lord filled the Lord’s house. 3 All the sons of Israel, seeing the fire come down and the glory of the Lord upon the house, bowed down on the pavement with their faces to the ground, and they worshiped and gave praise to the Lord, saying, “Truly He is good, truly His lovingkindness is everlasting.”

Deut 4:12 "And the LORD spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the sound of the words, but saw no form; you only heard a voice."

In the early period of ancient Egypt, the concept of the Khu or luminous part of man emerged, part of the human but also a separate entity. Khu was the soul, symbolized by the crested ibis. The Ba, or soul, of later Egypt was its direct descendant. It was only in the decadent Greek and Roman periods that Khu became seen as a malignant ghost that entered the bodies of the living to torture them.[1]

In later periods, the Egyptians developed the idea of five components of the soul representing the heart (the seat of thought and emotion), the shadow, the name, the soul ba and the spirit (Ka). The Ba is everything that makes a person unique, a concept similar to "personality", while the Ka gives life. Death occurs when the Ka leaves the body. After death, the Ba and Ka are reunited to form the Akh, represented by a bird-like hieroglyph.
en.wikipedia.org...

In Sumerian mythology, the utukku were a type of spirit or demon that could be either benevolent or evil. In Akkadian mythology, they were referred to as utukki, were seven evil demons who were the offspring of Anu and Antu.

en.wikipedia.org...

There has been extensive interaction between traditional Chinese beliefs and the more recent Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism.

Ancestor worship is the original basic Chinese religion. The core belief is that there is a continued existence after death.[8] It is thought that the soul of a deceased person is made up of yin and yang components called hun and po (魂 and 魄). The yin component, po, is associated with the grave, and the yang component, hun, is associated with ancestral tablets . At death the components split into three different souls; the po stays with the body to the grave, another goes to judgment, and the hun resides in an ancestral tablet. The po and hun are not immortal and need to be nourished by offerings made by descendants. Eventually both the po and hun go to the underworld, although the hun goes to heaven first. Unlike in western usages of the term, underworld has no negative connotation.[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

For the Vedic spirits, see Deva and Asura.
Div Akvan throws Rustam into the Caspian Sea.
Div on a Stamp of Azerbaijan

Daeva[pronunciation?] (daēuua, daāua, daēva) in Avestan language meaning a spirit, or "a being of shining light", is a term for a particular sort of supernatural entity with disagreeable characteristics. Equivalents in Iranian languages include Pashto dêw (Uber ghost, demon, giant), Baluchi dêw (giant, monster), Persian dīv (a daemon, genius, an ogre, a giant), Kurdish dêw (giant, monster). The Iranian word was borrowed into Old Armenian as dew, Georgian as devi and Urdu as deo. In the Gathas, the oldest texts of the Zoroastrian canon, the daevas are powers of nature like Agni (fire), Surya (the Sun), Pavan (air), etc. This meaning is—subject to interpretation

en.wikipedia.org...

The Yezidis believe that a Creator, or God, created a set of deities that we can call gods, angels or demons, depending on how you want to look at them. So, if we say that the Yezidis worship the devil, we could as well say that they worship angels. It all depends on how you view these deities.

robertlindsay.wordpress.com...

In some ways similar to the Christian Trinity of God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost, the Yezidis believe that God is manifested in three forms.

The pagan Phoenicians, Philistines and Samaritans worshiped a dove, and the early monotheistic Hebrews condemned the Samaritans for this idol-worship. The pagans of Mecca also worshiped a sacred dove. Pagan Arabian tribes also worshiped an eagle called Nasar.

This is similar again to Gnosticism, where the pure good God created intermediaries called Aeons so that a world that includes evil (as our world does) could even exist in the first place. On the other hand, Malak Tus is seen my the Yezidis as neither an evil spirit nor a fallen angel, but as a divinity in his own right.

One wonders why the Malak Tus is represented by a bird. The answer is that worshiping birds is one of the oldest known forms of idol worship. It is even condemned in Deuteronomy 4: 16, 17: “Lest ye corrupt yourselves and make a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air.”

More likely, the peacock god is leftover from the ancient pagan bird-devil gods of the region. The ancient Babylonians, Assyrians both worshiped sacred devil-birds, and carvings of them can be seen on their temples. The Zoroastrians also worshiped a sort of devil-bird called a feroher.

robertlindsay.wordpress.com...
A dove, in Christianity the dove is symbolic of the holy spirit, darn now that's interesting

Just to get us started.
edit on 113131p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Very good thread. I have been comparing the ancient words and meanings.

The word that I am most interested in is Ka. I think Ca is a communication link. All sorts of communication. Remember that a kind of communication is "the word" A frequency pattern, a type of energy. Now when you die, the Ka leaves the body.......the energy pattern leaves the body.....where does it go. Does it just dissipate and get absorbed into other lifeforms and crystal structures?

So what exactly is god, that is what I am trying to figure out. I am not interested in who's god is right myself, I think there is just one main god and many faces of god. Faces are sort of like applications depending on the situation.

If we look at the hair on our bodies, and the split ends on our head, they almost resemble pin feathers more than animal hair. Maybe some people three thousand years ago observed that also and decided that birds were our ancestors.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Feroher, symbol of the solar deity.

Angel? yes? no?

Alien?

Did they really exist?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
One of my favorite books

FROM THE ASHES OF ANGELS

Ancient texts speak of how angels known as Watchers lusted after mortal women who subsequently gave birth to giant offspring referred to as Nephilim. They also record how these apparently physical beings revealed to mankind the forbidden arts and sciences of heaven. Through their actions these clearly human angels, and their Nephilim sons, were sought out and either incarcerated or put to death by those Watchers still loyal to heaven. Any remnants of this fallen race were then swept away by the Great Flood during the age of Noah.

en.wikipedia.org...

The phrase in Hebrew: טוֹב וָרָע, tov V'ra translatable as good and evil, may be an example of the type of figure of speech known as merism. This literary device pairs opposite terms together, in order to create a general meaning; so that the phrase "good and evil" would simply imply "everything". It is equivalent to the Egyptian expression evil-good which is indeed normally employed to mean "everything". In Greek literature, the concept is also used by Telemachus, "I know all things, the good and the evil" (Od.20:309-10).[3] However, given the context of disobedience to God, other interpretations of the implications of this phrase also demand consideration.

In the phrase, tree of knowledge of good and evil, the tree imparts knowledge of tov wa-ra, "good and bad". The traditional translation is "good and evil", but tov wa-ra is a fixed expression denoting "everything". To Harry Orlinsky, this phrase does not necessarily denote a moral concept.[4] However, Robert Alter believes that there could be a moral connotation after all: When God forbids the man to eat from the tree of knowledge, He says that if he does so, he is "doomed to die". The Hebrew behind this, is in the form used in the Hebrew Bible for issuing death sentences.[5]

5 “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

HI ricky, thanks for posting, I have been doing these comparisons for years.

Birds seem significant, and then there is the Tibetan tradition of feeding the deceased to vultures

Sky burial

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It seems to me, that they had a lot more excitement back in the day, minus the human sacrifice.

Who needed TV and the internet?

Were they out of touch with reality
or
are
we?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Let's look at spiritual objects, Native Americans used stones ,
www.indians.org...

Turquoise

Legend has it that the Native American Indians danced and rejoiced when the rains came. Their tears of joy mixed with the rain and seeped into Mother Earth to become SkyStone Turquoise.

Turquoise, the "fallen sky stone" hidden in Mother Earth, has been valued by cultures for its beauty and reputed spiritual and life-giving qualities for over 7000 years. It is a true gem of the centuries. A long time ago someone noticed a clear blue line running through gray rock, and saw the imagery of sky and water in stone, and from that time on, turquoise has been cherished above all else in creation - turquoise, stone of sky, stone of water, stone of blessings, good fortune, protection, good health and long life.

Exodus 28:15-28:29

"You shall make a breastpiece of judgment, the work of a skillful workman; like the work of the ephod you shall make it: of gold, of blue and purple and scarlet material and fine twisted linen you shall make it. It shall be square and folded double, a span in length and a span in width. You shall mount on it four rows of stones; the first row shall be a row of ruby, topaz and emerald; and the second row a turquoise, a sapphire and a diamond; and the third row a jacinth, an agate and an amethyst; and the fourth row a beryl and an onyx and a jasper; they shall be set in gold filigree. The stones shall be according to the names of the sons of Israel: twelve, according to their names; they shall be like the engravings of a seal, each according to his name for the twelve tribes. You shall make on the breastpiece chains of twisted cordage work in pure gold. You shall make on the breastpiece two rings of gold, and shall put the two rings on the two ends of the breastpiece. You shall put the two cords of gold on the two rings at the ends of the breastpiece. You shall put the other two ends of the two cords on the two filigree settings, and put them on the shoulder pieces of the ephod, at the front of it. You shall make two rings of gold and shall place them on the two ends of the breastpiece, on the edge of it, which is toward the inner side of the ephod. You shall make two rings of gold and put them on the bottom of the two shoulder pieces of the ephod, on the front of it close to the place where it is joined, above the skillfully woven band of the ephod. They shall bind the breastpiece by its rings to the rings of the ephod with a blue cord, so that it will be on the skillfully woven band of the ephod, and that the breastpiece will not come loose from the ephod. Aaron shall carry the names of the sons of Israel in the breastpiece of judgment over his heart when he enters the holy place, for a memorial before the LORD continually.

Turquoise
HISTORICAL PROPERTIES

www.zoultier.com...

edit on 123131p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Let there be music

youtu.be...

Sacred Spirit
edit on 123131p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I found a page comparing Christianity and Hinduism www.angelfire.com... very interesting. It compares Father, Son and Holy Ghost to Brahma, Atman and Shakti. The Son or Atman being our soul which is a child of the father (Brahma) aka...God made is in his image.

Only when we realize our true self (stripping away ego) can we become one with the father (Which Yeshua did walking the desert). So God gave us choice. We can remain a selfish creature of ego or one with the universal spirit called God.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hurrian Hymn which has been found on these precious clay tablets are dedicated to Nikkal;

youtu.be...

The melody is one of several academic interpretations, derived from the ambiguous Cuneiform text of the Hurrian language in which it was written. Although many of the meanings of the Hurrian language are now lost in the mists of time, it can be established that the fragmentary Hurrian Hymn which has been found on these precious clay tablets are dedicated to Nikkal; the wife of the moon god.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
I found a page comparing Christianity and Hinduism www.angelfire.com... very interesting. It compares Father, Son and Holy Ghost to Brahma, Atman and Shakti. The Son or Atman being our soul which is a child of the father (Brahma) aka...God made is in his image.

Only when we realize our true self (stripping away ego) can we become one with the father (Which Yeshua did walking the desert). So God gave us choice. We can remain a selfish creature of ego or one with the universal spirit called God.

TY for sharing, glend

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: glend
Who Was Abraham?
hindufocus.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Your insight into spirits is quite broad. I am wondering if you know anything about African spirits. For example, the name for Jesus in my language Yoruba is 'Jesu which if the J is silent would also have been pronounced as devil in the same language. Maybe you might have some thoughts about such associations.?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
List of war deities

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Due to a conversation I was having on another topic I would love to hear what members believe these things really are.

Fictional.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Floyd007
Your insight into spirits is quite broad. I am wondering if you know anything about African spirits. For example, the name for Jesus in my language Yoruba is 'Jesu which if the J is silent would also have been pronounced as devil in the same language. Maybe you might have some thoughts about such associations.?

Very interesting, no actually I don't but we can try and find out.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DPrice

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Fictional.

I'm thinking that ancient mankind was more aware of the spirit realm then we are today, maybe we lost something they had.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Very interesting, thanks have to research into that angle a bit more, sounds very plausable. Always thought is strange that bible mentioned three wise men from east. If they were important enough to be mentioned they may have played a part in Yeshua early training. Which might help explain why Gospel of Thomas sounds hindu-ish to me. But the silk road was operational during Yeshua time so religious inspiration could have been thrown backwards and forwards between east and west.

Very knowledgable person you are.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

three wise men from east.

Me too, there are many enigmatic scriptures in the Bible that catch my eye.

That's why I started looking for answers many years ago.

thank you

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
About the Shekinah Glory...

Many are convinced that it will again return to the church.

Last year I stumbled across something that totally blew my mind...

A quote from Maccabees (a book written by an unknown Jewish author in 110 BCE):

"There is a verse in Maccabees that says Jeremiah hid the Ark in a cave on Mount Moriah and sealed the entrance. It then goes on to say that before the end of the world the Ark will be found again."

`The place shall remain unknown', he said, `until God finally gathers His people together and shows mercy to them. Then the Lord will bring these things to light again, and the glory of the Lord will appear with the cloud, as it was seen both in the time of Moses..."

The ARK will have its uses in THE TIME OF THE END

"When Solomon dedicated the temple, the house was filled with the smoke... That is called Shekinah meaning the place where God dwells and rests. Literally meaning rest. God is not looking for a place to just visit; He wants a room to dwell in. He wants a place for you to seek His presence on a daily basis."

LINK

FYI: the first link cited above is Seventh-day Adventist and I absolutely do NOT endorse them in any way shape or form...

edit on 22-7-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join