It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Today Website Down

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Is anyone else not able to get on rt.com?

The timing seems a bit suspicious... I would not post this otherwise.

Thanks!

soulwaxer

edit on 22-7-2014 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

working just fine for me

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I can get in.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
No loss. It's just the propaganda outlet for the Russian government.
Russia Today ... Press TV ... DPRK News Network ... government propaganda.
We have issues with bias. But those outlets are government machines.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
You just couldn't help yourself, could you?

OP, they had some technical difficulties last night, so maybe it's related.
www.abovetopsecret.com...[editb y]edit on 22-7-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Just found this, it was hacked before at a critical time of the Ukraine conflict.

Hackers Deface Russia Today Website

From the article:

Hacker(s) defaced the website, in some places replacing "Russia" or "Russians" with "Nazi" or "Nazis." It was not yet clear who was responsible. The changes to the RT website remained in place for nearly 30 minutes before the station reported everything was back to normal.

The attack on the pro-Kremlin news organization comes less than 24 hours after the Russian parliament approved the use of military force in Ukraine's Crimea. The station's coverage of the situation has approvingly sided with Russian President Vladimir Putin on using troops in Crimea, who has said the military intervened to "protect the people."

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Notice the reference to Nazis.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown

OP, they had some technical difficulties last night, so maybe it's related.
www.abovetopsecret.com...[/quot e]

Thanks for that info!

I had no problems last night though. I'm in western Europe by the way. I have a good internet connection and no problems on other sites at all. But today, it has been down for at least the last 2 hours.

soulwaxer
edit on 22-7-2014 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
No loss. It's just the propaganda outlet for the Russian government.
Russia Today ... Press TV ... DPRK News Network ... government propaganda.
We have issues with bias. But those outlets are government machines.

....And so is all our Western Media. What makes either of them any better than the other?

I see a lot of people on this board at the moment stating RT is a propaganda machine whilst pasting links and quoting the rhetoric of Western Media Sources verbatim.

Personally i feel we should be free to see all sides of the news, no matter what the agenda and bias is. Because somewhere in the middle is the truth.
edit on 22-7-2014 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Couldn't help state the truth? Nope. Truth is truth. Deal with it. Russia Today. Press TV. DPRK News Network. All government propaganda machines.

And to skitzspiricy ... the difference between a government owned and run propaganda machine and a western media outlet that has bias is very clear. You seriously don't understand the difference between government propaganda and regular ol' bias in the media? Really??

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: skitzspiricy

Yes, that's why I'm a bit concerned. They had just started airing evidence from Russia.

RT is still down where I am (Western Europe), on different computers and in different browsers.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

You think our media is anything more than an appearance of being free press at this point? Seriously? You think it's mere "bias" as if the average individuals free-willed bias?

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
To the shill:

All big media is ran by the government. The government that is owned by private corporations. It’s called fascism.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
To the shill:

All big media is ran by the government. The government that is owned by private corporations. It’s called fascism.

soulwaxer

Which includes RT, PressTV, CNN, CNBC, ABC, FOX, BBC...

Right?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: soulwaxer
To the shill:

soulwaxer

Which includes RT, PressTV, CNN, CNBC, ABC, FOX, BBC...

Right?

Yeah, that's right!

Divide and conquer.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Couldn't help state the truth? Nope.

Just who do you think you really are if you're allowing yourself to tell others what the TRUTH IS?
Aren't we capable on our own to think, or do we need you to tell us what to think?
You need to seriously put up some work on your ego.

Oh, and to remind you that OP simply asked is RT website down, not if they are propaganda machine, so there's no need to involve that stuff.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Russia Today has a special if not quite unique place in media today. MSNBC, CBS, CBC, BBC and others may well be in the tank for their respective national Governments. They may well march to the Government tunes and kiss Government butt for sources and access.

Russia Today need not worry about any of that. They don't need to kiss butt or march to any tunes. That's the point and difference. They are owned and operated by those who define the tune, and RT passes on the official tune of the day.

MSNBC was said to have had a working office in the White House at one stage, early on. Russia Today is simply a commercial entity and possession of the Kremlin itself. That constitutes the difference and the best comparison for a Western version isn't major media but Voice of America. RT and Voice of America are very very similar in charter and ownership intent, where RT vs CNN or Fox are not.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese
So if Russia Today is a government propaganda machine ... and it is ... why listen to it at all? Wouldn't that make them just as untrustworthy as the western media that you claim is run by the government and despise so much? Think about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Couldn't help state the truth? Nope. Truth is truth. Deal with it. Russia Today. Press TV. DPRK News Network. All government propaganda machines.

And to skitzspiricy ... the difference between a government owned and run propaganda machine and a western media outlet that has bias is very clear. You seriously don't understand the difference between government propaganda and regular ol' bias in the media? Really??

Why are you so surprised by what i have said?

Please can you enlighten me about the differences between our western media and media outlets such as RT, Press Tv etc.

Please can you also enlighten me just what "regualr old bias in the media is"?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Thought so.

Next....

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Just who do you think you really are if you're allowing yourself to tell others what the TRUTH IS?

Truth is truth. Deal with it.

Aren't we capable on our own to think, or do we need you to tell us what to think?

The answer to that is obvious.

You need to seriously put up some work on your ego.

You seriously need to calm down and stick to the topic .. and stop attacking posters who you disagree with.

The Russia Today website is down. Again .. so what? A government propaganda outfit isn't able to pump out a bunch of garbage for people to suck up. And that's a bad thing?

edit on 7/22/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join