It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Today Website Down

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: skitzspiricy
Please can you enlighten me about the differences between our western media and media outlets such as RT, Press Tv etc.

If you can't tell the difference .. then why listen to the Russia Today propaganda?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: soulwaxer

Thought so.

Next....

Thought what?

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Sorry my dear, but the only sad truth for you here is that you need to understand that world doesn't revolves around you.
I will pick any media source as I deem fit to find the truth, that's what this is all about.
But you need to quit telling people which media to beleive, as it's only making you look foolish.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
Just who do you think you really are if you're allowing yourself to tell others what the TRUTH IS?

Truth is truth. Deal with it.

Aren't we capable on our own to think, or do we need you to tell us what to think?

The answer to that is obvious.

You need to seriously put up some work on your ego.

You seriously need to calm down and stick to the topic .. and stop attacking posters who you disagree with.

The Russia Today website is down. Again .. so what? A government propaganda outfit isn't able to pump out a bunch of garbage for gullible people to suck up. And that's a bad thing?

The question is not only is it good or bad. The question is why and how wide-spread is it.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown
More off topic insults and deflection from you. Address the question I asked ... if Russia Today is a government owned and operated shill machine ... and there is no question that it is ... then why listen to it and why care that it's 'down' for a while? Does that mean you trust the Russian government to tell you the truth? The Russian government wouldn't lie or manipulate you?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

a reply to: zilebeliveunknown
More off topic insults and deflection from you. Address the question I asked ... if Russia Today is a government owned and operated shill machine ... and there is no question that it is ... then why listen to it and why care that it's 'down' for a while? Does that mean you trust the Russian government to tell you the truth? The Russian government wouldn't lie or manipulate you?

The question YOU asked is not the topic...

By the way, the website is still down here.

soulwaxer
edit on 22-7-2014 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Please can you enlighten me about the differences between our western media and media outlets such as RT, Press Tv etc.

If you can't tell the difference .. then why listen to the Russia Today propaganda?

I listen to and read all media sources and i then do my own research and come to my own opinions.

I don't allow these media outlets to shape my opinions. It's better to hear both sides of an argument than one.

We should be free to see both sides and discuss both sides. Both sides are pushing their own bias and agendas about this current situation that is very clear and with both sides pushing their agendas so strongly i'm of the belief that the truth will be found in the middle somewhere.

edit on 22-7-2014 by skitzspiricy because: Typos

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Address the question I asked

See, here lies your problem...
You just strive to have control over others.

Please, allow me to simplify for you the basics of this topic and thread:

OP's oppening question:

Is anyone else not able to get on rt.com?

Your answer:

No loss. It's just the propaganda outlet for the Russian government.

So tell me how these two are remotely related.
Couldn't you just say 'Yeah, I have problems with logging too' or 'Works for me fine'.

Please, don't take offence, and if something that I posted disturbed you, take my apologies, it wasn't meant.
I still love you as a human being.
edit on 22-7-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I listen to and read all media sources and i then do my own research and come to my own opinions.

I don't allow these media outlets to shape my opinions. It's better to hear both sides of an argument than one.

We should be free to see both sides and discuss both sides. Both sides are pushing their own bias and agendas about this currant situation that is very clear and with both sides pusing thier agendas so strongly i'm of the belief that the truth will be found in the middle somewhere.

I agree with most of what you say, but I don't look at it as 2 opposing sides.

I think there is a higher-level power moving both chess pieces on the board. Sort of like the Republican-Democrat illusion. It doesn't matter which side you pick. Divide and conquer. The end result will be the same.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

Actually it is. The website is down. I asked ... so what?
If it's not trustworthy ... then so what if it's down??

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

Actually it is. The website is down. I asked ... so what?
If it's not trustworthy ... then so what if it's down??

Where are the mods?

Get this guy out of my thread.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
See, here lies your problem...

I have no problem. However, you are projecting too much.

My question remains .... if the site is down ... so what? If it's untrustworthy as a news source because of it's intent and because it's government owned and operated ... then so what if it's down? It's a very simple question. No one has answered it. Well ... except for skitzspiricy who says he/she uses it for balance and doesn't completely buy into it. That's understandable. But the other responses here are all westernmedia = unreliable and OMG Russia Today is down!! Again I ask ... so what?
edit on 7/22/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

To play devil's advocate for a moment. The fact the site is down and they are a Russian national asset as opposed to a strictly private company like CNN may carry more meaning than seeing one of the conventional media outlets taken off the net for any period of time. We should expect the Russians to be decent with net security by now. After all, they have a true resident expert they can call if they need pointers. Right there in Moscow.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
Finally an answer.

So you think it could be something like an attack from the Ukraine and that's why it' significant? The Ukraine could be hitting the Russian propaganda machine as part of the war effort? Do they have that capability?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Couldn't help state the truth? Nope. Truth is truth. Deal with it. Russia Today. Press TV. DPRK News Network. All government propaganda machines.

Oh WOW!!!

Whatta modesty :p So you consider yourself the bearer of the torch of truth? ATS is a really conglomerate place...

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Telos

You denying that RT, PressTV etc are Government funded propaganda machines designed to put their spins on things?

(Before I get either accused of being ignorant of or it's implied AGAIN that I'm ignoring Western media's bias spin)

* I know they are.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Can you please point me to the part that shows where I'm denying something? Au contraire my friend, I'm just stating the obvious :p

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
Can you please point me to the part that shows where I'm denying something?

I asked a question. Nothing more, nothing less.

edit on 22-7-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Well, RT did just have that reporter quit and openly state it was policy to carry what reporters themselves knew to be shady or unfounded. (I think most Western reporters are just happily ignorant and indifferent, not knowingly fabricating)

That could have sparked someone else to do something rash from the inside or motivated someone on the outside to do something foolish?

I can't help but wonder how much the recent bad press for RT (no pun intended) has to do with this little glitch?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: Telos
Can you please point me to the part that shows where I'm denying something?

I asked a question. Nothing more, nothing less.

You asked 'leading question', to lead the one who's answering to give you expected answer so you can force your stance on others.
Common technique.
Just sayin'

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join