It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forcing people to not care and forwarding the agenda.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Greetings ATS,

I have this feeling that with all the major changes happening in the United States in such a short period of time, there has been a campaign of sorts to disinvolve the majority from caring or paying attention. Everything of late has painted as a "humanitarian" or "security" problem and has been designed to tug on heartstrings and fear instead of define and address the actual problems.

Because this is the case, I will spell some of them out.

American men, women and children are not hijacking planes and flying them into buildings yet we are accosted, probed and treated like criminals every time we enter an airport. The TSA despite being in operation for over 10 years at the cost of between 8.1 and 10.2 billion dollars a year has not apprehended one terrorist, not one. This simple fact is because they are not there to stop terrorists, there isn't any to stop. They are there to expand and condition people to federal power over transportation.... Papers please.

We in America have always offered amnesty to immigrants in the appropriate situations. To protect from political or unfair prosecution or for actual humanitarian reasons. We are unable by law through congress to allow mass unregulated immigration because of the simple fact that America has become a welfare state. We now have irrefutable statistics that illustrate that more Americans are receiving benefits from the state than are in the workforce, this is not sustainable within our own borders, how can we hope to add another 30+ million "illegals" to that tally and hope to recuperate from the last recession in 2008?

The simple answer is that we can't. They government knows that already and the plan is not to bolster American financial health but to degrade it further to create the problem they already have the solution too. That "solution" is why you see the American police force across all 50 states being militarized and outfitted with weapons of war. They soften your heart with stories of children on the border while they order millions of hollow point bullets for the DHS during peacetime. How convenient and how disgusting.

Your simple rights have been stripped of you so small, so few at a time most have not even noticed. Police are immune in most cases to any type of prosecution, you can be stopped and searched within 100 miles of the United States border on all fronts and electronics are also subject to search without warrant in that zone. You can be fined with no witness present for the prosecution for a red light camera violation you are accused of. You can be pulled over, stopped at a roadblock and fined for not wearing a seatbelt because your government cares so much about you.

Just wait until all the facets of Obamacare kick in. Just wait until the doctors can and will say people are unfit to have guns. Just wait until everything you thought couldn't happen in the United States happens and you are left standing there with a stupid look on your face just like the Germans when Hitler finished his very LEGAL dismantling on his own country and you will be left slack jawed wondering how it all happened and how you didn't see it coming. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

I'm a close student of not only world history but the tyranny that has presented itself in so many great nations across the entire world at so many times, sometimes, the most prosperous and hardest to see. The modern media is not doing you any justice, it is state run, funded by lobbyists with political agendas and has no other interest then reporting things that further that agenda, real news is foreign to them and to most Americans as well.

Get up, dig in and get informed. The world is changing fast and I hate to be the one to say this but it sure as hell isn't looking like it's changing for the better, even here in the good ol USA.

This is Helious, over and out.

edit on 17-7-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I stopped caring. You ask why?

Nothing I can do about it. I got tired of being eaten alive by anxiety and depression over this type of stuff. I got tired of the crazy conspiracy theorist label. I got tired of the influx of trolls pumping out terrabad conspiracy theories. I got even more tired of the countless numbers of people eating up the trolls BS.

I got tired of doing nothing but talking about it when I see no real solutions.
edit on 17-7-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

My friend, talking about the problems are a first and most needed step. Solutions and action come in time but to understand the problem, to develop a solution and form an appropriate action takes discussion. A lot of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Yeah, decades of people talking about it have really helped.

I'm open to suggestions but yeah..

Federal Reserve is a good example.
It's been 100+ years and it's still going strong.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yet another thread complaining about problems without offering one single solution.

Kind of makes you wonder what the point is.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Senators
Yet another thread complaining about problems without offering one single solution.

The solution can only come when enough people realize the problem. Talking about the problem raises awareness and promotes discussion about what the solution should be, since it is likely very different between groups of people. Understanding that, leads you away from anarchy and into reasonable recourse and action.

That's the point.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Senators

Maybe he doesn't have on of his own? That doesn't mean he is complaining. He's frustrated like a lot of us are. Obviously a forum setting is a place for discussion, which I think is what he is looking for.

I've said that I gave up caring for the most part, and think the time to do something about 'it' has long since past. But that's only my opinion. Who the hell am I to know who, what, or how change can be effected!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't think people have times for all the things people here worry about. Look outside. People are working. They got kids. The've got a mountain of things to already worry about and they barely can handle it. They're too busy. If anything gets done about the things you mention, it'll probably not be what you want or never meet your expectations.

BUT then again those who fight for a cause oftne fight for the long haul, win or lose. It's an uphill struggle to change society.

Frm my standpoint, somebody's a hero if they got a job and aren't obviously backstabbing someone else. Just taking care of yourself, not even having a family or taking care of others, is heroic on my list.
edit on 17-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
I don't think people have times for all the things people here worry about. Look outside. People are working. They got kids. The've got a mountain of things to already worry about and they barely can handle it. They're too busy. If anything gets done about the things you mention, it'll probably not be what you want or never meet your expectations.

BUT then again those who fight for a cause oftne fight for the long haul, win or lose. It's an uphill struggle to change society.

Everything you just said was kind of the whole point of this thread.....

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

The solution can only come when enough people realize the problem. Talking about the problem raises awareness and promotes discussion about what the solution should be, since it is likely very different between groups of people. Understanding that, leads you away from anarchy and into reasonable recourse and action.

That's the point.

Fair enough and I meant no disrespect but your kind of preaching to the choir here aren't you?

Perhaps your rant would produce better results on a site that doesn't deal with conspiracies. Maybe post on a legitimate economic or political site?

You also might want to correct a few inaccuracies in your OP. You said we have always offered amnesty in the right situations but we actually turned ships filled with Jews back towards Europe because of our strict immigration laws at the time. There are others but I do not wish to derail your thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The issue is that the problems are so deep and systemic at this point. I don't agree with the OP thing that this immigration issue is a big disruptive thing, I think its about instability in Central America creating refugees. (Honestly I'd rather see America playing a constructive role in that than in the never ending focus on the middle east and Russia.) But talking about the problems is about all we can do. The reason why is that when solutions are offered, they are scoffed at the entrenched status quo...who are - in the big picture -clinically insane

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
I stopped caring. You ask why?

Nothing I can do about it. I got tired of being eaten alive by anxiety and depression over this type of stuff. I got tired of the crazy conspiracy theorist label. I got tired of the influx of trolls pumping out terrabad conspiracy theories. I got even more tired of the countless numbers of people eating up the trolls BS.

If this is the case, you have been beaten!
Me, myself, I hate being beaten.
So what did I do?
I found solutions for my problems!
Earlier today someone wrote a rant about being "mad as hell", I presented him with some solutions to make his life better.
Sure the world has not changed, but I have so mine has.
If enough people start looking for good LEGAL solutions, the world will have to change.
But if being beaten is ok, all I can say is be the best whipping boy you can!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

A lot of smart people have noticed that action doesn't have the desired (or expected) effect. When ~ a million people marched against the Iraq War in London and in cities across the world, it changed nothing. The UK has just implemented an emergency law to allow the same activities as the NSA and nobody has a say.

Peaceful protest demanded education for all, the right to vote and the right to own property. Without it, many nations would still abide by the feudal systems. Now, we live in a time where a vote doesn't matter and the RIGHT to peacefully protest has been removed under law.

There's a sense that democratic politics is a shabby side-show to attract our attention and the same decisions are just inevitable. Yeah it's a negative view, but it doesn't equate to not caring. I imagine a lot of disaffected voters care deeply and feel like their voice is no longer required to rubber-stamp decisions that were decided before the ballot box was dragged into the light.

Where you mention 'tyranny,' I'm just not that kind of person to use the word. It's dramatic and over-used. At the same time, our western societies are putting everything in place that would make running a tyranny very easy. Time will tell where we are going huh? Not looking great from here.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
No one wants to have an honest discussion anymore. As soon as you say you feel one way about a certain topic you are instantly cast into this category where all sorts of labels are applied to you and words are put in your mouth. What angers me the most is I see the corruption, I see the lies, how could we not? I've come to realize I can't wake everyone up. Some people are in a coma. Totally oblivious. Every thread about the border I ask the same questions. Who is going to pay for these people? Followed by....Why aren't we spending that money on our homeless? To which I get replies about how I'm a right winger, or a racist, or I don't care about children.....never an answer to the money issue. I get answers like...."we aren't broke". As if being 18 trillion in debt is a sign of great wealth. It's frustrating but at the same time....they will get their rude awakening and the words of all the people they ridiculed will ring harshly in their ears. The U.S. is headed for some bad times and any one who thinks otherwise isn't reading enough. Cheers to the O.P. great post. S and F

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541

Me, myself, I hate being beaten.
So what did I do?
I found solutions for my problems!
Earlier today someone wrote a rant about being "mad as hell", I presented him with some solutions to make his life better.
Sure the world has not changed, but I have so mine has.
If enough people start looking for good LEGAL solutions, the world will have to change.
But if being beaten is ok, all I can say is be the best whipping boy you can!

Making my personal life better doesn't change the ever encroaching globalization new world order thing. So, it's not a solution (except to the anxiety/depression which may be what you meant). Lot's of people have sought legal solutions to some of these issues and questions. Besides, I'm curious what exactly you think can be solved legally. I mean, this isn't just one, or two issues. It's a plethora of issues, puzzle pieces if you will, different in many regards but with a common agenda over all. Should I take Obama to court for furthering the agenda? Should I take Henry Kissinger to court? Maybe one or two Rockefeller? Maybe getting Dick Cheney into a courtroom is a good idea. I'll be sure to stay clear of him afterwards, knowing he is prone to shotgun accidents.

What's the last line in 1984?

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

I don't love Big Brother, that's not why I quoted the most depressing line of 1984. I quoted it because I really see it as truth for society a generation or two down the line.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Where you mention 'tyranny,' I'm just not that kind of person to use the word. It's dramatic and over-used. At the same time, our western societies are putting everything in place that would make running a tyranny very easy. Time will tell where we are going huh? Not looking great from here.

It would be nice if tyranny were as mythical as say.... The Loch Ness Monster or Bigfoot but, that just isn't the case. Without mentioning dictatorships, banana republics or quasi communist authoritarian examples like China, the history books are FILLED with once affluent and "free" societies falling under tyrannical rule and experiencing impending and inevitable collapse due in large part because of usurpation by factions in government.

The most notable of these instances is obviously the rise of the Nazi faction within Germany. This however memorable is not the only instance we see this type of tyranny and occupation by groups who slowly and dramatically seize power, often legally because they just change the laws to suit their current agenda (sound familiar?) but it is the most recent and most dynamic in the last century of our history.

You would think we would have learned, understood and had a way to fight back should we see that type of behavior breech it's ugly head in our own countries........

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer
Absolutely not, don't start with them.
Start with yourself!
Do things to improve the quality of your life legally that also cut the corporations out and let the world see you do it.
People like to emulate successful people.
I am by no means rich, but I am one of the luckiest wealthiest people you will ever converse with.
One grain of sand is only one grain of sand, when you get numbers you become a beachhead.
Don't be a beach, be yourself and let the beach come to you!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

Definitely! I've been working towards making my own income via 3D modeling and the internet. I knew a long time ago I rather kill myself than work at some menial job most of my day, retiring later in life if "they" will it. I really can't spend all my time focusing on the bigger picture of the world. I imagine it's like that for a lot of people too. Which doesn't help the over-all situation. But, the overall situation is one of those big things, and you can't expect everyone to be able to do anything about it, or even understand. Now I just try not to dwell on the darker side of the world and worry about myself, family and friends. Hell sometimes I wonder if I'm coming to my own conclusions, or that of propaganda I've been exposed to. Some things they do I think I'm starting to agree with, or at least, understand from a certain perspective. NSA spying for example.

I consider myself an observer more than anything.

None of that solves those bigger issues though, unfortunately. Again, making my personal life better doesn't change the ever encroaching globalization new world order thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

S&F for you sir! You are spot on here, however the apathy we see has been cleverly increasing over the years through a host of mechanisms.

1. The application of Edward Bernays book Propaganda. Keep people in their most animal of instincts! Fear, Anger, Lust.

2. Constant War, in this sense you can build Nationalism for 90 years, timeline starting at world war 1 on through till today, while simultaneously creating a Banking system to steal the money from the people and fund the unjust wars to steal the resources you want and create the network of bases around the globe.

3. Add in copious amounts of pharmaceutical drugs to poison the minds/bodies of as many as possible.

4. Enter in T.V. and Hollywood programming as well as inevitably the Music industry to indoctrinate the character of the masses in which ever way you wish. While continuing to apply psychology that makes everyone insecure and feeling like they are worthless.

5. Which goes hand in hand with all of the above is the onslaught of Advertisement that keeps so many in the matrix I speak of.

6. Destroy the infrastucture of the country by shipping jobs over seas, continued looting of the economy through the fed/wallstreet while destroying these aspects of society you develop the for profit prison industry while creating the war on drugs to fill said industry.

And you have the nice society that is America today, we have been destroyed from the inside out and now they are making moves to fulfill their dream of the NWO. Starting with the North American Union that so many people have mocked and thought to be absurd. Our country ever since the inception of the Federal Reserve has been completely guided by interests that in no way shape or form have served this country, they have succeded in doing what they planned, the destruction of America.

Our only hope at this point is the resistance that they will try to demonize as they already have, the millions upon millions of gun owners that are in the rural areas of this country
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amThursday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I'm not in a state of fear. I'm realistic.

The time to do anything about it was well before I was born.

As you are no doubt aware the war they wage on us has been going on for a long time. Winning little battles here and there over time, ultimately leading to the end game agenda of a new world order. Now it's 2014, and that agenda is pretty obvious to a lot of people. But what can stop it? Really, in all honesty, what can stop it. Peaceful protests in the streets? Legal methods? Revolution? There's a good one. Yeah you're right there are still plenty of gun owning Americans who are ready and willing to die for what they believe in. But the enemy is cunning, and much better equipped. If a revolution/civil war broke out, those involved would be labeled domestic terrorists. The rest, already doesn't believe there are any nefarious global conspiracies going on, and no doubt accepts that the "revolutionaries" are crazy conspiracy nuts. No different then that nut and his wife who went into Wall-Mart.

If it really came to arms, those who have put decades and decades of work into their plan, aren't going to stand idly by let their empire crumble. All the guns in America won't stop an enemy with the kind of capabilities this dark cabal have at their disposal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join