It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS marches further into Syria, tipping the balance of power in the civil war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well, this is not good news, but completely expected.

ISIS has now started advancing further into Syria, through utilising the American equipment seized in Iraq. They have taken most of Deir Ezzor province, and are also battling Syrian Kurds for the enclave of Kobani. This comes as the moderate Syrian rebels have been severely weakened, with many fleeing the battlefields, or pledging their allegiance to ISIS and its caliphate.

While the moderate rebels are battling ISIS, the Syrian government has seized the opportunity to push into Aleppo, the last significant bastion of the opposition. This means that the moderate force may soon become insignificant, leaving only ISIS and the Syrian government being the last two larger powers.

And while all this is happening, the allied powers are continuing to train and back the moderate rebels. I think it is time for the moderate rebels to propose a truce with the Syrian government, in order to focus their combined energy on ISIS. The Syrian government probably won't agree, but hey, it's better than not doing anything at all.

Here is the most recent map depicting the current scenes in Syria and Iraq:

For more information, check out the link below:

goo.gl...
edit on 16-7-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I think among all conflicts and wars going on in the world right now, the ISIS story is by far the one which has to draw the most attention.

* Not everyday a Muslim rises and claims he's the direct descendant of prophet Muhammad.
* Not usually happens when a terrorist organization takes hold of 50+ artillery weapons and 1500 armored Humvees
Not often an armed group enters inside a country under chaos, fights everyone (Syrian government, rebels, other Islamic movements) and actually wins.
* Jordan feels threatened and seeking Israeli help
* Saudi Arabia tighten security around Mecca (which ISIS wants to blow up)
* You don't get to hear an Islamic movement with so much blood on their hands like Al-Qaeda, cutting connections with another movement claiming it's too brutal.

ISIS is the thing to follow, they grow fast and it seems it is just a matter of time until they'll get hold of Syria and Iraq and declare their own state. Crazy times we live in.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
What a mess.

Hardcore death cult followers fight moderate death cult followers.

Blood shall wash away blood.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

ISIS are not going to get Syria... If Syria was going to fall, they would of long ago.. Unlike the Iraqi's who ran, Syrian's will fight to the very last breath. They have held out this long and I don't think ISIS is going to change anything. Air Strikes are far superior than wads of cash and Humvees.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Well let me get my surprised face on.

Ticktock. It won't be too long now before a crisis presents itself staged from ISIS stronghold in Syria at an American soft target, then BOOM goes the hammer. With Israel making moves in Palestine, obviously reducing any retaliatory capabilities and likely seeking justification to do the same in Lebanon. Once Israel has reduced said threat significantly you can expect hell to rain down on Syria. Remember, Damascus must fall or these wannabe gods will have less than righteous mud on their collective faces.
edit on 16-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Soon ISIS will take Syria, and all the other places it is going to, and we'll finally see true history in the making. It is a good time to be alive. Well, not for those under the thumbs of ISIS, but for humanity in general. This point in human history is unlike any other, I can't wait to see what happens.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This border crisis is to keep eyes away from the middle east. I want world powers, such as Russia, and UK and all that are supposedly good to squash the ISIS Bug NOW.

Syria, still has women not wearing the death shroud burka's, savvy! KEEP IT THAT WAY!

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have heard from more than one article or radio broadcast that SAMs were key to what the CIA was doing in Benghazi. Supposedly 400 went missing.. These are the SAMs that were used with great effect against the Russians in Afghanistan . If ISIS now has the remainder of the missiles then I would expect in the near future we will be seeing their use... If so it will be a big game changer.. Also with all the weapons and supplies ISIS got from Iraq you have to think they are now twice the force they were before; even before the defects to their cause.

The new ISIS is something I would imagine many of the young hot heads in that area would want to be part of.. A few more victories and their will be many who will rally to their flag ... IMO

top topics

join