It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF commercial mentions starships

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I was not trying to imply that FTL is not possible. My point is that he did not elaborate as to the mechanism. If lowering one's mass to zero is the means to achieve FTL, I would need to see a detailed description of the concepts involved as well as the math. And, most importantly, how general relativity fits in as a limiting case in this hypothetical broader theory.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged
a reply to: Baddogma

The man behind astr0 really reminds me of the man behind soul visions as well, who also left ATS rather suddenly. But that's a whole 'nother rabbit hole....

The really outlandish sci fi elements don't quite jive with me, but the Orion program having been much more extensive than we know, launching rockets up to space with balloons, and intra-atmosphere vacuum corridors all sound pretty good to me. I mean, look at the roswell stuff: reports of glowing object rocketing across the sky to crash (early vacuum corridor that they lost control of), but the official explanation is that they lost a spy weather balloon. That weather balloon explanation always struck me as being way too specific, but now it sounds like an additional cover for the upper atmosphere rocket assembly heh.

"I couldn't scan any of the psychological foibles or mistakes that show when someone is delusional or attempting a prank for ego gratification/self-esteem boost. "

Oh man, seriously. None of it is attention seeking in the slightest and I truly don't think he'll post again, at least not under astr0.

Bedlam needs to get back from his sequestered work space (or out of Guantanamo lol) and throw his two cents at me!

If you want a real good description of a vacuum corridor, study up on the O'Hare UFO incident..

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well... I'm certainly glad I'm not alone being exited and tantalized by this... I was truly wondering if I'd "lost it."

Not to say that isn't still possible... but it sure is nice to have level headed, smart as heck individuals engaging in the possibilities with us. Thank you guys for going out on the limb.... appreciated.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
The funny thing about your statement, is that you can hack a car just as easily as shutting it off (with the right equipment) Planes, Cars, anything that uses electrical impulses can be hacked.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I second that. As I mentioned to another forum member:

Even though my outlook on life may have changed, I still have a responsibility to my family and those around me that count on me being there for them. Death, bills and taxes don't seem to care what my outlook on life is anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Military aircraft are harder to hack, by necessity. Fewer ways in, and they're harder to get into than cars and other systems.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Military aircraft are harder to hack, by necessity. Fewer ways in, and they're harder to get into than cars and other systems.

Are we talking actual hacking? I was thinking the craft would use directed plasma to blow out the electronics systems of the target..

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Shooting down another countries aircraft is an act of war. Turning them off is just fun.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Bills and taxes... and our short shelf-life... all perfect tools for "enslavement," with some bread and circuses.

I get you, though, and agree... heck, people have been erased for far less... and nothing at all.

And his explanations for Rendelshem - Roswell- Cash/Lundrum... all uncannily explained.

Heck, even the UFO driver channelers... heh... maybe they ARE talking to someone... jusat not who they thought.

I have to say I'm bummed about no aliens around here... it was a pet theory of many (on purpose I guess) ... but I also wonder why we were "quarantined" and how we lost our tech... Mars's radioactivity comes to mind, too. Makes more "hmmm" sounds.

And Clarke/Kubrick - ancient AI... seeding info through Hollywood maybe? Or derived from that narrative and it's a "bum steer?'

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Harder, but not completely impossible. Cracking into an ATM is easier than a midsize luxury car, but it can still be done. I'd assume a military avionics system would the differences between hacking a land line vs hacking IBMs Deep Blue.

You're right shutting off an aircraft isn't really a provable act of war.

edit on 27-7-2014 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

To be honest, IMO, what's the harm if you believe it? Absolutely nothing changes, except that maybe you feel a little hope towards the future. You still have bills to pay, you still have a family to support, you still have to wake up and go to work every day. If it brings you a moment of peace, or some fun investigating, then what harm has it caused to believe it?

And if it is true, and we learn something that verifies it, then how much better is that? We've already learned a few things, and are on the track of finding some things that will really blow some doors off if we can catch them on the ground, or even in flight and get details.

So in all honesty, have a little fun with it, investigate as much as you feel comfortable with, and enjoy life while you can. You aren't going to get out of it alive.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Oh it can be done, and it has been done on the fly. But it's far harder to do than people assume it is.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Exactly... no tithes... not too much time expended... no cult of personality to fawn over... nothing but the hope that some of us "made it" at least... maybe more to come.

I won't say I'm 100% on it... but in 40+ years of wondering and studying, I've never even felt such a sense of "maybe."

I know that in a few hours, tomorrow... maybe longer, I'll sober up and get caught by something else... being human and all... but it is quite tantalizing.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

To be honest, IMO, what's the harm if you believe it? Absolutely nothing changes, except that maybe you feel a little hope towards the future. You still have bills to pay, you still have a family to support, you still have to wake up and go to work every day. If it brings you a moment of peace, or some fun investigating, then what harm has it caused to believe it?

I totally agree, plus in this universe it helps to have an open mind to some extent, otherwise one would never create or invent anything. So whats the harm in investigating the novel mysteries we find ourselves in or into uncharted intellectual territory.

And if it is true, and we learn something that verifies it, then how much better is that? We've already learned a few things, and are on the track of finding some things that will really blow some doors off if we can catch them on the ground, or even in flight and get details.

Now that sounds like fun. Sign me up.

So in all honesty, have a little fun with it, investigate as much as you feel comfortable with, and enjoy life while you can. You aren't going to get out of it alive.

best advice here to all those getting flustered with all of this.

Regarding hacking things. rumor has it that we have back back sized or two man portable EW devices that SF troops can carry into combat that can indeed hack, take over, confuse, control, everything from aircraft, radars in the area, missiles (even while in flight) etc...It's a stretch, but is it really? Heard that from a few people.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

If you want a real good description of a vacuum corridor, study up on the O'Hare UFO incident..

Sure is a nice report of a hole in the clouds. Wish I could find a verifiable picture! Great incident to look at again in light of astr0 heh.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I wouldn't put it past. I remember not long ago there were these bank robbers that has a small portable EM device they would use to take out security systems at the bank they were robbing. Saying that a SOF can use something like this is very very possible (but we wouldn't know that for certain would we)

As to the whole Astr0 issue:
It's very interesting, and if true even more interesting. Though the question of does it change anything?

Not really, all it means if true is the "Scary Powers that Be" has some one above them that they fear. Go figure right. And those Super Elitists would appear to have something that they fear. Strange if you think about it....so different yet so alike.

The sad question it leaves us is that if these Super Elitists need human dreams (brains) to solve for "X" then how are they so different then the Elitists that want us to manually slave for their riches?

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of their tech, but in a way I'd also rather discover the breakthroughs they made. Knowing how something is made is often times better then having said object. Knowing how something works allows a person to make an object, or even better then the object studied. On the other hand just being given an object means that you have to destroy it in order to make another one....such a waste of human intellect.

Which brings me back to the object that started Astr0 last thread. No mention of understanding how it was made, just that it was being used. It's sad really. It also goes back to this commercial:

It's a great nod to the idea of starships, but does that fact change your life any? It may give you something else to think about, but when you do ask yourself this, "At what cost?"

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It doesn't necessarily change anything, but it's fun to track this stuff, and try to figure it out. And it's challenging as hell to put the bread crumbs together.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

So I've been lurking on this forum for a several months, reading the history and catching up. My family has a history in aviation, and I've always loved aircraft, so the stories on here were really fascinating.

Zaphod, you posted something a while ago about how deep some of the rabbit holes on here go. I have to wonder if that was prescient on your part, or if the ante just get way upped on that comment!

I've never posted on a message board in my life, but Astr0's tale from the other day has had me (... bemused? ... befuddled? ...borderline freaked out?) ever since the first time I read it, to the point where I signed up because I wanted to hear everyone else's thoughts, and was about to start PM-ing people. I've read the thread three times now, and am still not sure what to think. Like some other comments above, I'm torn somewhere between "utter BS", "some BS to cover mostly truth", and "holy crap I think he means it!" Still not sure where I'm going to land on it, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself of the "complete BS" angle.

I don't have any personal experience to add, although there are a couple of family stories of sighting ultra-large aircraft that couldn't possibly exist, that may make a little more sense on top of what I've recently read.

One last comment: I have a lot of respect, and sincerely appreciate the regulars on this forum and thread. You're all obviously very well informed and well-spoken, and it's a pleasure to follow you all - whatever new twists and turns this
ends up taking.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

enjoy life while you can. You aren't going to get out of it alive.

Enoch did...

but seriously now.... if the tech exists you could be made to be, technically, immortal. like the regeneration machine in the movie Elysium.... and its not so far off the type of stuff describing black triangles and starships. is this not what astr0 was hinting at in his mind-blowing jaw-dropping thread?

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It doesn't necessarily change anything, but it's fun to track this stuff, and try to figure it out. And it's challenging as hell to put the bread crumbs together.

And that is the best part to me. This whole issue is a giant puzzle made of cubes that can be assembled in a numerous of ways. Trying to get the picture right often times will give the viewer a unique picture each time, but can also drive the person to accept the picture the puzzle presented or choose to find a better picture from the puzzle.

So many clues, so many different pictures, but always that same puzzle. Its very fun

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join