It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever buy prescription glasses online?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What were your experiences and/or problems?

I have a really strong prescription so I have to buy polycarbonate with anti-reflective coating. In store it is very pricey but online will save me about 100 bucks.

Any experience with this or ideas on problem sites etc. to avoid?

Seriously considering it.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

My wife uses zennioptical.com for our kids. Their service is good and the glasses seem like they're good quality.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Right now, I'm wearing my third pair from eyebuydirect.com. Never had a problem with them, except they don't have the styles I really like. Generally $200 to $300 cheaper than getting them locally. Just make sure you have a current prescription and get your measurements right.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I was looking at that one yesterday.

I will look at the one Peter mentioned too.

Thanks for the suggestions. Stores are way too expensive for plastic glasses.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

My first pair was free from this company.

www.glassesusa.com... 50fs_models_all_product_redirect&_bta_tid=3.gFQ.CbUaOg.GycE.AiaF0w..AzIq4g.s.bGk.s.AYGt.a.U7sYYA.U7sYYA.s7mNxA&_bta_c=cr0w5kx2p0pt2wso8p3fpc0yzcmin

I have since ordered a pair of designer sunglasses perscription...very pleased!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Cool I'll check it out.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Beware of Goggles4U, cheap but lousy quality. Zenni seems to be OK, but long shipping from China. Some shops offer first pair free.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Right now, I'm wearing my third pair from eyebuydirect.com. Never had a problem with them, except they don't have the styles I really like. Generally $200 to $300 cheaper than getting them locally. Just make sure you have a current prescription and get your measurements right.

Ditto' best pair of glasses I've owned yet came from eye buy direct. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I buy my contact lenses online and I save around 100$ for a 12 month kit. Same brand, same quality. No downsides for me.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yep what Victor Von Doom said. I ordered a pair and I could see thru them fine but they were a tad bit too small for my fat head, lol.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have astigmatisms, has anyone used a online site if they have them also? And how do they do the eye measurement part of the process?
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I've ordered through zennioptical.com for several years now and have never had any issues with my prescription or frames. The price you can't beat and I've saved a good deal of money over the years. The overall process is very easy, informal, and I highly recommend them for both eye and prescription sunglasses.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

There is no online eye measurement process or something like that. You have to know your prescription for ordering glasses online.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Matt33

I think they are talking about pupillary distance which can be measured easily with a measuring tape.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

That's the only way I buy mine anymore. I have to wear my glasses all the time and have a habit of breaking them while working or falling asleep with them on and waking up with them all twisted up somewhere the next morning. I get mine from a site called Zenni Optical. They have a ton of choices and are super cheap. All you need is your prescription information.

I've never had any trouble with them at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I bought from firmoo.com. The model I chose was cheaply made.. can't speak for the rest.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I use that site as well. Have purchased about 15 pair in the last five years- for a total of I'd say $200-300. I like wearing different glasses each day! And I got prescription sunglasses, too!
I would not have been able to afford a "glasses wardrobe" if I hadn't have tried that site. I tell everyone whom I know, with glasses, about the site.
I think you'll find they have your type of lenses, too. Probably run about $30-50 with the coating and scratch-proof, & glare-coating.
a reply to: peter_kandra

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yes I was thx!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, I bought from Zenni today.

The other one didn't have my prescription in high index for some reason.

Hopefully they work well.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I just got a pair last week from marveloptics.com paid 29.95. They're "browlines" with single vision lenses. I'm nearsighted and I've got an astigmatism. I didn't get the anti-glare coating but if memory serves me it was $10. It was the best price I found (for the frames I wanted) compared to the other online retailers (glasses4less, zunni, goggles4you, and glassesusa). I think it's free shipping if you go over $55. They seem very well made and I'm completely satisfied. Also it's the law that your eye doctor give you a physical prescription after an eye exam.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join