It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever buy prescription glasses online?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I store bought mine for $150 when i was in the states. Id get a new pair online, i suppose as long as you get the specs (lol) right, it shouldnt matter much.

If they arnt "right" when you get them your eyes may have deteriorated since your last eye exam, so i think for that reason alone might be best just to store buy then with a fresh eye exam.

Ive been tempted to buy prescription sunglasses online, but as yet, i have not tried online.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I have a new exam with new prescription. I was sitting there looking at their glasses afterward and they told me how much they were and I thought "If I'm wrong and the online thing doesn't work I waste 70 bucks. If I'm right I save 120".

Risk lol.

So now we'll see. Keepin' my fingers crossed.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

as long as your prescription is upto date, id say its probably going to be just fine.

Now if the specks you chose look good on you or fit comfortably - that you just cant predict.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

That's true.

You can't try on glasses online.

The biggest downside of online shopping is the trying on things.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Any tips to measure the PD at home as accurately as possible since most
greedy optos frustratingly don't want to give it unless you buy their
overpriced $300-500 frames, probably bought 10$ from Eastern Asia.

I'm really due for new glasses, 10 years with the ones I have now. Ugh,
scratched like a cat's post!

Plus I'll have to spend 65$ for the eye exam.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Bought my glasses from Zenni. Took awhile to get them but they work and were about 250 less than store.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've bought several pairs of prescription sunglasses online over the last couple of years.

Some idiots think its fun to steal them out of my car. Less than 25% the cost to get them online- but they don't fit as well, it seems.

It'd be one thing if they were stealing something they could use- but prescription sunglasses? Come on...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join