It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I must be a moron for writing this... over to the chemtrail debunkers...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ah lucky for you guys I keep a French/English translator on my tablet. ( gotta love apps)
Anyway this translated to
Balai: mop, broom, sweep, brush.
Diffuser: from the French LOL diffuse, distribute, sprinkle.
So I see in my minds eye that substance that janitors sprinkle on the floor to keep dust down. Only that stuff is usually red and looks rather stringy.
Since this is probably fire extinguishing material I'm thrown by mop, broom, sweep in the name in connection with distribute, diffuser, sprinkle, as they would seem redundant metaphorically. Broom/ diffuser Sweep/distribute mop/sprinkle . You see what I mean. A reply to: Rob48

edit on AMu31u0772840312014-07-07T09:40:27-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Ah lucky for you guys I keep a French/English translator on my tablet. ( gotta love apps)
Anyway this translated to
Balai: mop, broom, sweep, brush.
Diffuser: from the French LOL diffuse, distribute, sprinkle.
So I see in my minds eye that substance that janitors sprinkle on the floor to keep dust down. Only that stuff is usually red and looks rather stringy.
Since this is probably fire extinguishing material I'm thrown by mop, broom, sweep in the name in connection with distribute, diffuser, sprinkle, as they would seem redundant metaphorically. Broom/ diffuser Sweep/distribute mop/sprinkle . You see what I mean. A reply to: Rob48

Actually, thank you AW...

Glad that I have been living in France for the past 25 years

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
That is very reassuring in and of itself but are you positive that is what it contained? I use baking soda for baking, cleaning, odor removal and upset stomachs so I'm very familiar with what it looks like and it doesn't have a shimmer like that substance. It's white and has a matt finish. Are you sure that is what is in there?

A reply to: Rob48

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ok then I'm guessing your French is pretty ok? LOL
a reply to: Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

originally posted by: Rob48

Case solved? What was the chemical in the container? . Why was she originally distressed? You're okay to leave it at that? a reply to: Rodinus

Hi AW...

Yep, I am ok to leave it like that... have just tested by mixing vinegar with some of the white powder that I kept.

Come on... a real chemist would taste it

(Please don't, though, or at least don't blame me if you do,)

Thank youth for that informathion...

I am thnot a chemitht but a vetherinary thurgeon...

Can anyone graft tonguethhh?

Kindetht rethpethths

Rodinuth

OK, that's funny and I don't care who you are.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Ok then I'm guessing your French is pretty ok? LOL
a reply to: Rodinus

J'éspère que mon français est assez bien?

Whoops... must abide with T and Cs...

Bonne fin de journée (or in English, have a good end of the day)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Case solved? What was the chemical in the container? . Why was she originally distressed? You're okay to leave it at that? a reply to: Rodinus

Hi AW...

Yep, I am ok to leave it like that... have just tested by mixing vinegar with some of the white powder that I kept.

Come on... a real chemist would taste it

(Please don't, though, or at least don't blame me if you do,)

Thank youth for that informathion...

I am thnot a chemitht but a vetherinary thurgeon...

Can anyone graft tonguethhh?

Kindetht rethpethths

Rodinuth

OK, that's funny and I don't care who you are.

Yethhh...

Buth that doth not tholve the problem of my mithing tongue?

Thankth Rob....

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/7/14 by Rodinus because: Crap thpelling

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

There is nothing to suggest the container had silver nitrate in it and it more than likely did not based on the uses for that chemical. a reply to: intrptr

Yes, if it was silver nitrate then anyone who touched the powder would have black stains on their skin. Silver iodide also stains nicely.

I have four years of chem lab experience, so trust me on that.

Funny enough I do. Trust you on it. So in response to bicarbonate it doesn't look like it as I see a slight Shimmer in the surface of the material in the photo. Do you see that? If yes, what chemicals have that shimmer and are related to fire extinguishers?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ok I didn't see that. I'm doing on the spot research and can be quick on the draw. LOL.
a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

There is nothing to suggest the container had silver nitrate in it and it more than likely did not based on the uses for that chemical. a reply to: intrptr

Yes, if it was silver nitrate then anyone who touched the powder would have black stains on their skin. Silver iodide also stains nicely.

I have four years of chem lab experience, so trust me on that.

Funny enough I do. Trust you on it. So in response to bicarbonate it doesn't look like it as I see a slight Shimmer in the surface of the material in the photo. Do you see that? If yes, what chemicals have that shimmer and are related to fire extinguishers?

AW, I can assure you that when I had that thing opened and in normal broad daylight, there was a slight silvery shimmer to the surface of the compacted powder... but this may also be due to ageing of the product after so long. Take into account that the pictures were taken with a crap Iphone.

Anyways, now we know it is bicarbonate of soda I suggest that I bake the cookies???

FREE COOKIE PARTY AT RODS PLACE...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Good old kitchen chemistry! Way to go!
And I still use it to sprinkle on grease fires. a reply to: Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am pleased to read that.
Hey how's that crow doing?a reply to: Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

That is very reassuring in and of itself but are you positive that is what it contained? I use baking soda for baking, cleaning, odor removal and upset stomachs so I'm very familiar with what it looks like and it doesn't have a shimmer like that substance. It's white and has a matt finish. Are you sure that is what is in there?

A reply to: Rob48

Not positive. Could be potassium bicarbonate which would give a similar reaction with vinegar. Both are white powders and both essentially harmless unless you eat great spoonfuls of them.

The photo certainly looks like bicarb to me, which has maybe got a bit damp and clumpy with being out in a shack in the woods.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I am pleased to read that.
Hey how's that crow doing?a reply to: Rodinus

Check out my last comment on the thread abot Terence the Crow... Turning into a right hooligan he is...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A GOOD USE FOR BAKING SODA
2 1/4 C flour
1stick butter at room temp
1/4 C shortening
3/4C Brown sugar
3/4C white sugar
1egg
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda (heres where your stash comes in Rod)
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/4 C chopped pecans.
Blend sugars and butter/shortening, add egg, mix flour, baking soda and salt together and slowly add to the sugar mixture. Add chips and nuts.
Spoon 1 tsp portions of the dough on a cookie sheet (about a dozen)
bake at 350° for 13 minutes.
Yummmmmmm the best.
On second thought we may want to buy fresh baking soda. It absorbs or does and might smell rather moldy. reply to: Rodinus

edit on AM000000310000000772818312014-07-07T10:18:17-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Will do. a reply to: Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think you are correct sir. a reply to: Rob48

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

How Rod Jr found the object :

Panic stations of course as quite a dodgy looking thing with an extremely old name and telephone number that does not exist since the 60s

This is what he had to say :

He is retired now… BUT… during the 50s and 60s was in the French air force as an aircraft engineer... From what he can remember this object was applied to the air outtake of light aircraft and used during thunderstorms in order to make the size of hailstones smaller...

This is NOT an item from the 1950's or 1960's.

I can't believe anyone could think otherwise.

Pull tabs, moulding lines, precision details and even the labelling and typeface did NOT exist at that time.

I sincerely fear for ATS that no one has pointed this out.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This was nice. So few threads come to such a satisfactory conclusion.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

This was nice. So few threads come to such a satisfactory conclusion.

Really?

I thought it was pathetic.

Three pages of posts to identify a contemporary object WITH a label clearly legible!!!

It's NO wonder that concepts like climate engineering are incomprehensible to the majority of people here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join