It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I must be a moron for writing this... over to the chemtrail debunkers...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ho hum… Ok, I told a white lie and told everyone that I would be hibernating for the Summer period…

However, Last weekend Rod Jr came scooting home after a day out with his mates looking for a den in the local forests with a rather peculiar find… So I just thought that I had to share this with you all.

How Rod Jr found the object :

For the past couple of weeks Rod Jr and his gang of best friends have made a den in a forest not far from where we live : smack bang in a very rural area of the center of France.

After being kicked out of their last den by a gang of Gypsies, they managed to find an old abandoned shack about 3 Km further and deeper into the forest.

From What Rod Jr has recalled, this is a very old shack that probably belonged to a poacher as many rusty traps, nooses and other illegal hunting material were found inside.

After having a good root around the guys came across this :

The object is apparently made out of plastic and length is roughly 40 cms... width at the top is 25cm with a circumference of 5 cms.

A screw cap at the end can be unscrewed in order to reveal an off white/silvery compacted powder substance… which of course the boys not knowing any better unscrewed with bare hands and had a good peek….

Cap unscrewed to reveal white silvery compacy powder :

Rod Jr brought this object home and said DAAAAAAAADDD ???? we found this… what is it ???

Panic stations of course as quite a dodgy looking thing with an extremely old name and telephone number that does not exist since the 60s…

I snapped on the old surgical rubber gloves and face mask… told Rod Jr to throw away the rucksack in which the object was carried and go and take a shower and had a further look…

I have researched far and wide concerning the name of the company KNOCK-OUT and the only information that I could possibly find was a university article naming this product as a pesticide used for crop spraying…

So… I went one step further and went to see my poo spreading farmer neigbour… you can find out more about him in my thread history…
This is what he had to say :

He is retired now… BUT… during the 50s and 60s was in the French air force as an aircraft engineer... From what he can remember this object was applied to the air outtake of light aircraft and used during thunderstorms in order to make the size of hailstones smaller... the powder used is what is called siver nitrate.

He recalls that during these times these trails could be seen in the skies...

Something similar is used apparently nowadays over here in France in the rich Bordeaux wine growing area to protect vineyards from hailstones (although my in-laws have vineyards in the center of france and have never used Silver Nitrate)

So... Debunkers... believe this story or not?... oHHHH but then again... not your country so why should you be arsed to make a contribution?

Looking forward to anyone who can come up with another explanation...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 7/7/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Your farmer friend is talking about cloud seeding but as far as I'm aware that uses silver iodide from burning flares, not silver nitrate from something fixed to the exhaust.

With a name like Knock-Out I would have guessed at something like pesticide.

Either way this attached to a light aircraft isn't going to produce those big white expanding trails that look just like contrails but some call chemtrails. Further anecdotal evidence that the trails are nothing new though.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Cloud seeding to induce weather change over "crops".

Silver is over 20 dollars an ounce by the way.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A lab could tell you what you have. Silver iodide is what is used to seed clouds and make it rain.
The only incidence where this procedure/product was weaponized was a story of it being used over the Ho Chi Min trail during the Vietnam conflict to flood out the trail and corner the Vietcong in that area. Current use is for draught relief.
Silver nitrate is put in New borns eyes to prevent blindness from gonorrhea. I remember asking that it's application be delayed in my last child so that we could bond better at birth. It clouds the vision which is already limited in a new born. I knew there was zero risk of blindness from gonorrhea.
Anyway it seems doubtful you have silver nitrate. Send some to a lab.
edit on AM000000310000000772827312014-07-07T08:27:25-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Cloud seeding takes place at very low altitude, a few thousand feet tops. Contrails don't form at that height; the two phenomena are totally unrelated.

It looks like Knock-Out was a fire extinguisher manufacturer for aircraft.

Could it be some kind of dry-powder extinguisher or flame suppressant?
edit on 7-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

link   
Herbicide or pesticide. I guess that the threaded end screws on to a hose. Then the water passes through and disseminates the chemical all over whatever it is you are spraying to kill.

link   

originally posted by: mrthumpy
Your farmer friend is talking about cloud seeding but as far as I'm aware that uses silver iodide from burning flares, not silver nitrate from something fixed to the exhaust.

With a name like Knock-Out I would have guessed at something like pesticide.

Either way this attached to a light aircraft isn't going to produce those big white expanding trails that look just like contrails but some call chemtrails. Further anecdotal evidence that the trails are nothing new though.

Yep, understandable that normally this should be a burning flare... and the casing is made out of plastic too.

I did much research to find out about the company called KNOCK-OUT and nothing exists anymore over here in France... (even for a product that even has the patent N° on it (Brévet)) the only think I could find was an article about Monsanto and Bayer who had a bit of a squabble about an insecticide by roughly the same name...

However, when I took this object to the Pompiers to be disposed of... (local fire dept) and asked what it was, they told me to keep my mouth shut... *cough cough*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Cloud seeding to induce weather change over "crops".

Silver is over 20 dollars an ounce by the way.

Over here in France Silver has/ (was/is) still used to reduce the size of hailstones over Vineyards in the richer wine areas such as Bordeaux and the Beajolais region... so the price of silver is not a problem to the big Coops.

Link here : en.wikipedia.org...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/7/14 by Rodinus because: Link added

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Did you mention that kids had been in contact with it? I should have thought they'd give you some advice about that

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Did you mention that kids had been in contact with it? I should have thought they'd give you some advice about that

My son is a blob on the floor right now MT...

Of course I did... One of the reasons I panicked big time and took extra precautions in getting rid of Rod Jrs bag and getting him to have a shower and change clothes straight away... this was a week ago and no signs of rashes, breathing problems etc...

The fire station/pompier guy that I gave this to just shrugged and put the object aside... even after I had told him that my son had been in contact.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/7/14 by Rodinus because: Forgot a word

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I don't know about packaging but from a marketing standpoint knock out isn't a very good name for a pesticide. Wouldn't the farmers want those bugs dead and not just knocked out?ig reply to: Rob48

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

However, when I took this object to the Pompiers to be disposed of... (local fire dept) and asked what it was, they told me to keep my mouth shut... *cough cough*

And that would be because it is an irritant and not good to get on your skin or in your body.

nj.gov...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Were you able to obtain the chemical makeup of their product? Could it endanger the people who handled it?a reply to: Rob48

edit on AM000000310000000772833312014-07-07T08:33:35-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AM000000310000000772838312014-07-07T08:38:46-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

My son is a blob on the floor right now MT...

Of course I did... One of the reasons I panicked big time and took extra precautions in getting rid of Rod Jrs bag and getting him to have a shower and change clothes straight away... this was a week ago and no signs of rashes, breathing problems etc...

The fire station/pompier guy that I gave this to just shrugged and put the object aside... even after I had told him that my son had been in contact.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Think I would be getting a second opinion and mentally composing a letter of complaint

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I don't know about packaging but from a marketing standpoint knock out isn't a very good name for a pesticide. Wouldn't the farmers want those bugs dead and not just knocked out?ig reply to: Rob48

Marketing wise, I am not too sure AW... this is a product which was patented apparently in France back in the 50s or 60s (when looking at the telephone number which is completely obsolete).

I have looked absolutely everywhere and cannot find a company around those years with this name (even outside of France)...

Personally I would go for pesticide too... but from what my neighbour said???

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Looks like the company is still around, just not at the same address, and still making extinguishers.

abc-d.com...

Knock Out S.A.
France
Address:
1 R Yvan Pavlov
City:
Le Blanc Mesnil
Postal Code:
Phone:
+33 (0)1 49 39 46 59
Fax:
+33 (0)1 49 39 46 54

About Knock Out S.A.

Producteur en France: Extincteurs.

Worth a phone call?
edit on 7-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Really? Now that's intriguing don't you think?a reply to: Rodinus

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Crop Duster at best....

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I am glad nobody ate any. I doubt it would be good for you.

Most hail-suppression attempts have been based on the concept that damage will be reduced if the hailstone sizes are reduced. This does not require overseeding. Consider, for example, an unseeded cloud that produces one hailstone having a two-centimetre diameter in each cubic metre of air. If ice-nuclei seeding could cause 100 uniform hailstones in the same volume from the same available quantity of supercooled water, their diameters would be about 0.4 centimetre. The small stones would melt as they fell through the layer of warm air below the freezing level. Even if they did not melt completely to form rain, by the time the hailstones reached the ground they would be too small to do any serious damage.

www.britannica.com...

I don't know the in's and out's of this stuff, but I do know that cloud seeding (for rain) is kind of fringe, in that we aren't sure of it works, or if the clouds that were seeded would have rained anyway. But if you go to a farmer who just had his crops decimated, and you tried to sell him something that claims to eliminate that danger, I would suppose it would be an easy sale. BTW, I have a case of ATS troll spray left over after the 4th. is anyone interested?

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Marketing wise, I am not too sure AW... this is a product which was patented apparently in France back in the 50s or 60s (when looking at the telephone number which is completely obsolete).

I have looked absolutely everywhere and cannot find a company around those years with this name (even outside of France)...

Personally I would go for pesticide too... but from what my neighbour said???

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Sounds like your neighbour is having a guess based on vague recollections

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join