It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Applauds This Woman Because They’re Too Creeped Out At Themselves To Put Their Hands Togeth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

The entire video is a lie a faked real event, she is not who she claims to be and the fake disgust at what she says a lie and even when the people who made the video put "listen to what this so called expert says" into the description they are lying.

Fake news reports that include some real info are also lies, just because they include some real info doesn't make it any better.

The aim of the video is produce a reaction through deception. I can understand the Facebook crowd falling for it but this is ATS

edit on 6-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroReady
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

That video wasn't about animal cruelty. At all. Not one bit. It's about manipulation. If you don't see that then you are exactly the target audience that video was made for.

Yes it was about manipulation and pointing out how we are manipulated by marketers. Strange the more chickens that are killed from bird flu the lower the chicken prices get and the marketing adds come out...soak well in ammonia, rinse add some artificial chicken flavor, coat well in GMO cereals and spice artificial color and WALLA...MMMM Good for you CHICKEN!

Here ck the millions of animals being killed by illness...why does the prices not reflect the losses?
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
What if plants are actually a high conscience level than animals. The plants could be wondering what vegetarian are not eating animals instead of them. In the big picture of life, plants may well be no different than animals so eating either is the same.

You have flesh and blood and you would not eat another human..I presume.

The mammals killed to eat have flesh and muscle, veins and connective tissues, bones and blood, body fluids otherwise known as "juice".

Eating mammals is eating our own kind.

edit on 6-7-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: purplemer

I wonder why she has to be barefoot.

Lol and the whole time I was wondering how she keeps from tripping in those wedge shoes!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

Everyone here will keep staring and flagging this pile of crap video because no one wants to be cruel to animals.

LOL!!! Really? On what planet!

In U.S., 5% Consider Themselves Vegetarians
Even smaller 2% say they are vegans

www.gallup.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

This is a massive attempt to shove karma on the majority of people who lack huge funds, and alternatives, who are simply attempting to survive.

I can't understand what you are saying, meat is expensive. My husband and I get less than welfare and live in an expensive area where food has to travel long distances and thus we don't get the choices they do other places, the same for my sister in AK...we are vegetarian essentially vegan but sometimes eat local farmer eggs. We are healthy and proper weight.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

That's it exactly. The true meaning of this presentation is not about how we treat farm animals in this modern era but about how easy it is to play the emotions of people and manipulate them.

edit on 6-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: pl3bscheese

No you're not thinking about this in the long term.

Logically think this one through to the end. I'm giving a solution to minimize the individual animals suffering time.

I said at first it would actually make the suffering worse and on a unprecidented level as the demand for meat for rise the number of farms would increase. But unless we plan on putting up space farms there is only so much surface area on the earth. Eventually they will run out of room.

Thats where the suffering time begins to swing the other way to minimal. Because there will still be hungry, meat addicted humans demanding more meat. The only way to do that is to have companies like Monsanto come into the picture and produce fast growing/maturing cultivars of livestock. ( and you though monsanto was only about money, see they care about helping the animals too) These "cattle" will get to harvesting age sooner and thus will live in miserable conditions for less time. It will reduce the total pain experienced by the individual.

Yeah there will be a lot more individuals (cattle) in pain but not for as long. Which is really the goal. To eliminate the individual suffering of the animals.

Also, the tibetian buddhists could get in on it and make money so that they can buy off china and get their land back by mass producing buddhist recordings of mantras that the farmers can play on loudspeakers for the cattle which will help teach the individual to eliminate their suffering. Enlightened cattle just before the slaughter. Maybe next time since they are enlightened they will come back as humans and help spin the wheels of karma.

See everybody wins.

The farmers get richer.

monsanto gets to help devise a way to shorten the amount of time animals suffer by tweaking their DNA so that they mature sooner.

The tibetians get to become rich and buy their homeland back from china. Hippys will especially be happy about that one.

Buddhists in general win because they get to help animals transcend to higher states of existence....as possibly humans getting them out of the dismal existence of being a cow or worse a chicken.

Don't you see the logic in all of this. It's a solution for many issues. Good problem solving doesn't just address the problem but works in concert to fix multiple problems.

This whole idea got better with the addition of Buddhists.
Where do I sign up to start my farm?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: Swills

I wonder why she has to be barefoot.

Lol and the whole time I was wondering how she keeps from tripping in those wedge shoes!

The shoe issue seems to be a sub-section of this thread, and well it should be. Can someone put up a magnified screen grab so we can check out this ladies footwear (and I'm sure that she wears leather shoes at times, and put on these vegetarian-Cinderella glass slippers to impress do-gooders and bleeding-hearts, not to mention the Saints, Brahmins, and other Gandhi-like viewers who ask themselves after watching the vid: "Was she wearing shoes?"). (I thought she was barefoot too until I saw the heeled lifts).

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am flabbergasted (wow, not sure why that particular word came out, but it sounds fabulous!)at the focus of the posters who decry this! The concern is on the reactions of the crowd, and the identity of the speaker?? -Or her shoes? ??

Besides a momentary wondering if that is a current fashion in England (if so, I sure hope it stays there)
I didn't find myself paying any attention at all to the faces in the audience. That is irrelevant. As is who is speaking. I feel the same way when I read posts- I don't care who the individual posting is, nor if the reactions they get from others are sincere or from -what do you call them? Shills? (Nor what they are wearing while I am at it).

None of those things are relevant to my attention to what is being said. They are in fact side fluff which can distract your attention to the topic and my discernment on the issue addressed. Paying attention to the messenger instead of the message.

Who is being manipulated more? Those who would reject the message because of those details? Or those that would admit validity of the message? Heck, I guess you could even hypothesise that the meat industry made this as anti-vegetarian propaganda.

But again, I personally don't care to get side tracked by that- one thing positive that could come of this? People getting into active debate on it, and being stimulated to start researching the facts and reality about the food production industry. Put up reliable links, stats, photos!

Don't just take someones word for it (be they a professional or not) controversy has the great effect of bring issues to collective awareness. At least there's that.

Are the claims made here true? Beyond who she is, who the audience is, how they really feel inside, and whether those are bare feet or just ugly ass skin colored shoes....
edit on 6-7-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Regardless of how the video was made the message remains the same. The way we treat animals in our modern world should be addressed.

Kind Regards

Purp..

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Ah ha , it didnt take 10mins to dig up the truth on this video

"Compassion in World Farming" is banned from advertising on TV, deemed too political, so we asked supporters to challenge this ludicrous ban by funding the creation of a film that would show the spin used by food marketers to sell us factory farmed food.

Well over 5,000 people pitched in with donations to get the video made. We’re thrilled that it’s now getting such a wide audience; sincere thanks to each and everyone who helped make this happen.

www.philiplymbery.com...

Its fake video presentation as i expected and the reason "No One Applauds This Woman Because They’re Too Creeped Out At Themselves To Put Their Hands Together" is because thats what they were told to do.

Also the OP's claim that this is not an anti meat video is wrong

Congratulations to my team at Compassion for coming up with such a great concept to get the message across. And again, huge thanks to our wonderful supporters for making the film possible.

On Saturday, I had the pleasure of being at London’s Frontline Club sharing Farmageddon stories from the field, courtesy of the Vegetarian Society. I really enjoyed the diversity of conversation and meeting London-based supporters, old and new. Thanks so much to the Vegetarian Society’s Lynne Elliot and staff and to everyone who came out; great talking with you.

Deny ignorance everyone

Yea.. Its called Satire... You have heard of that right?

Satire - the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Jus sayin...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Excellent video, makes a very good point.

S&F

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I find the example used to be irrelevant. This video was put forth by an anti meat group but the point of the video is the same in any other industry. It's all about marketing and how people are ignorant of the companies they support by buying certain products.

It's actually due to my membership on ATS that I've been more aware of this issue. I've always realized what marketing is and am aware of the stories like Nike using sweat shops but it wasn't until I learned about the things Coke and Nestle do that it really impacted my day to day shopping. I'm already in the group that advertising doesn't affect much, due to my personality type and the fact that I don't watch TV or movies but I was still supporting these companies simply because I liked the product. Marketers are proof that there is no such thing as karma in this world.

It doesn't really matter where you fall on the meat issue, every industry has their version of this and the corporations only get away with it because the buyers are ignorant. In many cases if we want a product we have no choice but to participate. Try getting computer equipment that isn't built with Chinese slave labor in a building with 12 people to a room, constant monitoring, and suicide nets.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Despite what it is I do agree about the message. If you see that as a concern then I implore you to research factory farming practices.

Issue with the video(or possible original link not sure where it was found), beyond the actress, it being scripted, etc.- With title, saying this out of caution: It's read as one of the ads to get people to go to a website, promoting to buy a product or possibly pick up some malware infection: Similar examples: "One neat trick to stop cholesterol." or "You won't believe what these women do!" Be careful!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
That is the truth. So, what the label says the opposite is what is going on. And all those fancy ways of saying that they choose the right words means they are deceiving you and we know it and look the other way.

That is a slap on the face, if someones conscience doesn't kick in during this presentation, I don't know what they call that... But something is broken.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I think there is more deceit in the marketplace now than in years past. Infomercials, and product labeling come to mind. I always thought we had laws to keep advertisers honest. False advertising, bait and switch, and doctoring the true effectiveness of a product should be criminal! If a con man can be jailed for taking peoples hard earned money because of deceit, there should be no difference when a company and advertiser uses it to con the consumer out of their money!

Product sellers don't even properly inform the consumer that additional accessories or products will be billed to their credit cards on a monthly basis until the consumer realizes it! Not to mention the bogus shipping and handling charges that actually go for the additional free product they include! More than anytime in history the term 'buyer beware" can't be stressed enough.

I am in complete agreement. They have actually created a difference between "organic" which is a fancy word for food and "conventional/processed" which are fancy words for chemicals. People are being experimented on through the food, this much is clear, it is also very clear what class of people it is that is being experimented on, that of the lower class, the poor, those who can barely survive. Their only option is food that slowly kills them.

Excitotoxins such as MSG/Aspartame destroy brain cells. Corn syrup/Gluten confuse our cells and cause them to go free radical. God only knows what is really happening with the GMO's. Almost forgot about all of the color dyes, those are also neurotoxins like MSG/Aspartame.

This is all without even mentioning the absolute horrible conditions that they keep the animals in. You are what you eat, if it is your desire to fill yourself full of suffering/pain continue to enjoy it, however the lie that you have to eat meat is simply that a lie. Same with the dairy industry and their got milk campaign. Genius really.

Willful ignorance is how they control the masses, name an industry and it is clear all across the board. That was the message I took away from the video, I felt no need to try and find their agenda, it was quite simple. Marketers take adavantage of your willful ignorance, I agree with using the emotionally charged reality of CAFO conditions to make this point.
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmSunday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

Up to 95% or more of our customers were satisfied with our product!

Or you could market your cereal as asbestos free...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Fake video

She isn't a marketer

This is Peta propaganda video

They can go to hell, if it were legal I'd slaughter and cannibalize Peta members in my slow smoker

Ha!

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The video and setup on YouTube seems like an obvious "gotcha". It's a great message. It's just hard to get it out, because a lot of people are meat crazy. I've seen people get condescending and aggressive toward vegetarianism. The people involved in the meat industry are also aggressive about preserving their livelihood. There is a ton of oil money and livestock money in my area, but I get the feeling it'd be easier to implement clean energy than for people here to go vegetarian. We extreme lefties get a little crazy, sometimes, trying to get our message across. From what I've seen, we tend to be a passive and sensitive bunch. We probably attract abuse. I hope that in some way explains our perceived desperation.

BTW, I can't get my GF to watch slaughterhouse videos. She doesn't want to know what she's responsible for.
edit on 7-7-2014 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join