It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No One Applauds This Woman Because They’re Too Creeped Out At Themselves To Put Their Hands Togeth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Those were probably the tamest "factory farm" pictures I've ever seen; and I can't be the only one that feels that way - there was nothing in that video that was even remotely shocking.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroReady
Nothing she said should have shocked anyone. That wasn't even edgy or anything. Those people were paid to look exactly the way they did. What's shocking is that some people believe this tripe is actually real.

What isn't real?

That animals are treated badly?
That consumers are to blame?
Or that you fail to understand the message?

We are not meant to believe that "this tripe is real" in the sense that she is actually teaching the audience about the "trade secrets" of the producers.
We are meant to use our intelligence and relatively quickly spot the fact that the agende is quite different.
And then to understand that doing nothing is the same as agreeing to animal cruelty.

The only thing to contest is whether or not you think animals should be treated this way.
Your response clearly suggests your answer to that.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I feel a little lost in the discussion- I do nto exactly see what the objection is to this TED talk- that it is "fake" or meant to manipulate... I mean every form of media and art seeks to manipulate and influence the mind and emotions of the observer/listener.

But I guess I don't get what the message is that is not being expressed openly?
If anyone could explain to me, I'd appreciate it!

It seemed to me the message was quite clear- in a free market of capitalism, it is the consumer which determines the market- as long as there is a market for it, it will continue. We can blame TPTB all we want, but if we are buying the stuff, we are being hypocrites.

These practices are done as presented, and it is possible to have food that is not a product of such practices (I buy from our local agricultors and farmers; that are not big production). So what is being falsely presented here?

It's a talk about manipulating people in which the people watching are being manipulated. It isn't that complicated. She didn't show any realities of factory farming. No chickens getting their beaks burned off with lasers. No cows that are too fat to move. No blood soaked slaughtering floors. And those people were supposed to be "shocked?"

At one point she simply stated that 4000 chickens could fit in that room. And then the camera shows the audience looking disgusted. She said nothing but the fact that 4000 chickens could indeed fit in a room that size.

That wasn't a TED talk. That was market manipulation. That was a paid audience. They were told to behave exactly the way they did. What's being falsely presented is the entire premise of that clip, which is that audience members were too disgusted and shocked at themselves to applaud.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

That video wasn't about animal cruelty. At all. Not one bit. It's about manipulation. If you don't see that then you are exactly the target audience that video was made for.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I feel a little lost in the discussion- I do nto exactly see what the objection is to this TED talk- that it is "fake" or meant to manipulate... I mean every form of media and art seeks to manipulate and influence the mind and emotions of the observer/listener.

But I guess I don't get what the message is that is not being expressed openly?
If anyone could explain to me, I'd appreciate it!

Quite simply all the people in it are actors, their reactions are fake. Its not a TED talk..its just pretending to be one. Its a video complaining about how marketing manipulates peoples thinking using the exact same technique itself. It is just dishonest and hypocritical.

Its no surprise that this lobbying group has been banned from making TV adverts if this is the sort of tactics they use.

edit on 6-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
What if plants are actually a high conscience level than animals. The plants could be wondering what vegetarian are not eating animals instead of them. In the big picture of life, plants may well be no different than animals so eating either is the same.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Kate Cooper does not exist..she is an actor.

I am going to tell you a secret about how we make you buy what we want you to buy! This is the first sentence of Kate Cooper (Kate Miles). She is in real life a actress and she shocks the audience.

www.extendlimits.org...

www.imdb.com...

edit on 6-7-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

I wonder why she has to be barefoot.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

She's wearing clear high heels.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Nice find. But it won't matter. Everyone here will keep staring and flagging this pile of crap video because no one wants to be cruel to animals. People will keep thinking this is a real video. Anyone who disagrees will be flamed and told they hate animals.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

Is she really? All I saw was carpet and bare feet.

Clear heels... lolz

edit on 6-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I only have two words for you: vegan

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Well I'm sorry that's all you saw, but she is definitely wearing shoes.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This is priceless!! She hits the audience with a little too much truth, this is needed now more than ever. The level of deceit in the marketing world is unbelievable!
a reply to: elementalgrove

I think there is more deceit in the marketplace now than in years past. Infomercials, and product labeling come to mind. I always thought we had laws to keep advertisers honest. False advertising, bait and switch, and doctoring the true effectiveness of a product should be criminal! If a con man can be jailed for taking peoples hard earned money because of deceit, there should be no difference when a company and advertiser uses it to con the consumer out of their money!

Product sellers don't even properly inform the consumer that additional accessories or products will be billed to their credit cards on a monthly basis until the consumer realizes it! Not to mention the bogus shipping and handling charges that actually go for the additional free product they include! More than anytime in history the term 'buyer beware" can't be stressed enough.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Why would you be sorry?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Why would you chime in on this thread just to ask why she isn't wearing shoes, when it isn't relevant and she is, in fact wearing shoes?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Cause it's what I noticed while watching the video and thought it was so odd. Btw, I agree with you that she is wearing clear heels. When I think clear heels I think of a Chris Rock bit.

edit on 6-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Being hung up on whether or not the clip is staged seems a bit counter productive to the message being relayed and I'm not sure if you're trying to push the topic in a different direction on purpose or if it genuinely bothers you that it's a produced mini film. If its the latter, don't sweat the small stuff.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

An actor you say? That's all very interesting.

Why an actor?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
How is this shocking to anyone in 2014? Guess I think too highly of ATS??

Marketers have been using the same techniques since I first went to the supermarkets and processed what was coming out the tube. It didn't fool me then, and it certainly doesn't fool me now.

What's shocking is the reactions from the audience. How unenlightened.

Should have read the whole thread, it's all staged. Thank you! That makes so much more sense. To think a whole audience would be this unenlightened really scared me. Guess I can be a fool as well!
edit on 6-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join