It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: First batch of Russian fighter jets arrives in Iraq!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The first delivery of Russian Sukhoi fighter jets arrived in Iraq on Saturday, the country’s Defense Ministry said. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is hoping the jets will make a key difference in the fight against ISIS.

The Iraqi Ministry of Defense on Sunday confirmed receiving five Su-25 fighter jets in accordance with the deal with Moscow. The jets were delivered by a Russian An-124 transport plane in a dismantled state, and are expected to be set up and become operational within 3-4 days.

Hasn't the Obama Administration called for the ousting of current Iraqi PM, for a failed state?
Now here we have Putin directly backing him.

They're playing with millions of peoples lives.

edit on 29-6-2014 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

The Obama administration is a reactive and passive one. They are so far out of touch with the situation on the ground that I consider them to be a non player in what is happening in Iraq now. No one there believes that he will do anything to make a difference, why should they, given his track record of late.

Under Obama, America is in withdrawal globally. Other Nations notice that.........

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Russia never lost sight of who the real bad guys are in the war on terror Iraq will take help wherever it gets it from and I cant blame them for doing so.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The US and most of the world want Iraq to form a unity goverment before selling them bigger guns because other wise this literaly will never end. The Russians on the other hand will sell to anybody at anytime. Even in Syria they sell to Assad and then the rebels buy through 3rd parties from the Russians as well which the Russians know but, could careless. They claim to be friends with China but, then sell weapons to Vietnam and India that are for the direct purpose of being used against China. This is the way the Russians work. Have money will sell. I would not it as meaning any more than that.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Where there is a void, those with forethought will fill it. Who didn't think this would happen, given the current state of indifference to world affairs in the U.S.

Des

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I guess the question now would be for who?

And yes I know they are for Iraq, but can they secure them away from the trouble that is going on right now?

Because as we all know ISIS is taking over in Iraq, and do they have the ability to fly one of these, and would they be willing to actually use one as that would be a big game changer in Iraq and the surrounding landscape.

Looks as though things may be about to pick up in Iraq, and probably not in a good way.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Glad to see they are getting these planes. Now there is no reason for them to be asking America to do any air strikes for them.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Should be interesting to see how or if ISIS can deal with those things and if the Toyota is all that it's claimed to be .I am thinking that they (Iraq) may clean some of the more strategic places on the way up to the Syrian border .It shouldn't be hard to shut down any oil that's being stolen to help fund ISIS .

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Well said.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

The Obama administration is a reactive and passive one. They are so far out of touch with the situation on the ground that I consider them to be a non player in what is happening in Iraq now. No one there believes that he will do anything to make a difference, why should they, given his track record of late.

Under Obama, America is in withdrawal globally. Other Nations notice that.........

They'll eventually ramp up as attacks occur on the GreenZone (Largest Embassy in the world)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The US and most of the world want Iraq to form a unity goverment before selling them bigger guns because other wise this literaly will never end. The Russians on the other hand will sell to anybody at anytime. Even in Syria they sell to Assad and then the rebels buy through 3rd parties from the Russians as well which the Russians know but, could careless. They claim to be friends with China but, then sell weapons to Vietnam and India that are for the direct purpose of being used against China. This is the way the Russians work. Have money will sell. I would not it as meaning any more than that.

Then the world should worry because every city ISIS takes over, they empty the banks in the area.
The Open Market that Russia provides will get many people killed.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Didn't iraqi gunship pilots blow the crap out of as many civilians as terrorists the other day?They can cause a hela lot of damage with those jets, hopefully to the bad guys.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I guess this means that Obama will have to send ISIS bigger guns to shoot down those planes. You know that USA is funding ISIS, just like Al Qaida.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

I think the same thing could be said of the US. Am I wrong?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It appears we are seeing what is to be expected. Russia supports Iran (Shiite) while the US supports Saudi (Sunni). Russia supports Iraq, (Shiite) while the US wants to "include" the Sunni's in the govt there.

So wth is going on in Syria? lol

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There's one thing i don't understand and one thing i think i understand and one think I'm sure i understand

Don't: Bush was too aggresive,Obama is too passive?

I think I understand: Proxy wars are coming back, the world's mindset has been set back to the late 60's,70's Cold War. Effective regression.

I'm sure: Everyone is taking too long to react to ISIS.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: metodex

Proxy wars never went away. The whole terrorist thing is a sham. It is Middle Eastern countries using oil money to fund wars against the West. They do not declare war, but rather fund guerrilla warfare knowing full well that they could not win a direct confrontation.

In effect, the Saudi's (and others) are taking our dollars, shaking our hands, and stabbing us in the back all at the same time.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think it is pretty cool that they can transport five jets in a plane and have them ready to fly four days later.

All I can say is that better than the US sending stuff when these people should be working on their self reliance.

Really, all the US cared about was Saddam firing scud missiles at Israel.

These fighter jets will be restricted to local use only unless Russia is sending refueling tanker planes too.
edit on 29-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Who is going to fly them ?

Cause, if Iraqis fly like they fight.

ISIS has nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Not to mention the training process... the planes may be ready, but are the pilots trained? If so, then this is no recent development but in the plans for some time. Unless they were the same planes Saddam had...in which case the pilots would be mighty rusty.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join