It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Ahh cool thanks. Wasn't it speculated that the bird of prey was a demonstrator for AC? It was a similar color wasn't it? Or was that the one where I read something about different surfaces being painted certain colors to reduce visibility? Both?

So am I to think that there is a skin that's very stealthy, sturdy and heat resistant due to high speeds? Or perhaps that it doesn't need to worry too much about heat because of things and stuff?

Also if this thing was as loud as the witness said, it was most likely experiencing issues right?

edit on 2820140720141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Interesting zap. i see ya removed something. Am I on a good track I assume?

Or did i post another dud? lol!

@Domo. True about the colors changing. or maybe it was active camo causing some weird effects.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Not a dud, just something that I said, and then realized that I was wrong about it for this, so I removed it.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Seems Sam answered that one pretty well.

Zaphod probably was calling me a dummy!

SO I'm currently reading this thread again (P.23) and it seems our green friend isn't triangle shaped. I think it was either Astr0 or Zaphod that mentioned that. Anyone remember if that pans out towards the end of the thread? It's taking me longer to read the thing over again because with each pass through I'm learning more and learning how to learn.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

No, just the topic changes so often that I said something, realized it was about something different, and erased it is all. No big deal.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Seems Sam answered that one pretty well.

Zaphod probably was calling me a dummy!

Why do I want to say Why so serious? lol!!! naw zap woudnt call ya a dummy lol!

And yeah Sam is purty smart.

@Zaphod. Well i read that article while browsing black triangle sightings with green lights. Turns out that one in that artcile does green,yellow and blue at times. RGB scale lol. Maybe the light paterns reveal things about the craft?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

That looks pretty familiar.
Regarding the link you post a few back

edit on 28-7-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The more I read about this the more something stands out. It's starting to bug me.

Why is the thing always either slowing down or stopped then speeding off like crazy? I mean there's the obvious you're not going to be able to see more than a light if it's going full tilt, but why is it doing that so often? Issues needing to be resolved? Does it have to reorient itself or do the pilot(s)?

Referring to the triangle and BASS and perhaps the green light which doesn't appear to be the same thing but has some similarities.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Not sure the Bird of Pray has active cloaking. It is displayed in a museum somewhere and I'm not sure it would be if it had that advanced of a skin. I have heard that other more conventional aircraft (non-black triangle) craft have active cloaking type skin.
The type of color will tell you what time of day the aircraft is designed to fly in. Dark gray/blacks are better suited for night time operations. Lighter earth tones suited for daytime. So if the craft could change these attributes on a whim it may have had the wrong one set at the time or was set to hide from observers at a greater or shorter distance than the eye witness.
From Astr0's accounts of some of the triangle craft is that they are not completely silent. I believe the earlier types had a higher pitched transformer hum, like a nest of angry bees. Other models may have different sound or lack of sound. At certain distances and atmospheric conditions they may appear to be completely silent.
edit on 28-7-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The green light is a totally different animal.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 74Templar

So how would either a land based or even 'intercept' style aircraft be able to catch an ICBM after launch by comparison?

Logically, wouldn't it make sense to keep some kind of high speed UAV in low earth orbit and have it basically hot all the time so if it does happen it can simply detach and take out the incoming missiles?

Except you'd need hundreds of them. Each, extremely expensive. And how would you fuel it continuously? And then the communication & tracking needs would be extreme and probably could be easily blocked---just EMP the whole area were the UAV's are working, they go down, and now all your warheads go through.

ICBM attack is a situation which favors the offense immensely. You shoot things which are going at mach 20 and are 7 feet long and 2 feet across, and are coming in over an area a third of the size of the planet in space, and until the last few seconds, there are many decoys. They don't have to do anything other than fall and blow up. Now to defend you need stupendous tracking and interception ability.

Or alternatively have some kind of EMP style weapon in LEO to render them useless as they came up or even before they were launched.

Very difficult, unless you shoot a missile up very close to them and nuke them yourself. And if you mis-identify, you just started a nuclear war by accident.

The warheads themselves already are heavily shielded as they have to go through the atmosphere and be resistant to nearby nukes going off.

The other question it raises is if the the ICBM is knocked out mid-air, what happens to the payload and indeed the warhead? Be kind of an issue having a nuclear warhead randomly crashing down in someone's backyard.

Oh that's easy: you have lots of yummy plutonium dust plus all the fallout & fission products from your own nuke in the atmosphere. And most likely the enemy one got through anyway so you're going to be dead or starving in a day or two.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
eh

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

You have a PM sir.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My guess was that green burn was the sr72, and LM was the maker, and that yellow burn (supposedly faster than green burn) was pumpkinseed from NG? am I entirely off kilter here?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

That's where I'm at. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing for you.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You guys are still back at the start of the rabbit hole. lol.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You do realize you're supposed to DRAG us down the rabbit hole right? I'm still trying to figure it all out amongst the weeds.. Needle in a 40 acre field of wheat without a magnetized surface here man

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Domo, thats a fine thing for me. I'd just be happy to see the #### thing! knowing what it does and how it does it is just icing on the proverbial cake

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

I don't drag. I let others wander down, and figure out how much they're ready for, before they run screaming. If you left it up to me, I'd drag you screaming down to the bottom, and have you sitting in the corner whimpering.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
im ok with that! im a sucker for continuous imagination challenges!

a reply to: Zaphod58

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join