It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama seeking $500 million from Congress for "vetted" Syrian Rebels

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
www.bbc.com...

President Barack Obama has asked the US Congress to approve $500m (£294m) to train and equip what he described as "moderate" Syrian opposition forces.

The funds would help Syrians defend against forces aligned with President Bashar al-Assad, the White House said.

The aid would also counter Islamist militants such as the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isis), it added.

Really!? So the White House didn't learn it's lesson from the previous experiment with Syrian rebels I guess? You know... when they trained them in Jordan and a bunch of the "moderates" split off and joined ISIS with all their new American gadgets and training?

This is completely insane. It's like they aren't even trying to hide it anymore. In what reality is arming islamic militants a good idea? Please. Someone explain to me. Assad is a bad guy? Sure. But better the Devil you know. These guys are going to make Assad look like a saint if they ever manage to get him out of power.

What do you think happens to Syria if Assad is overthrown? Moderates take over and everything will be sunshine and rainbows? Give me a break. A power vacuum will be created, and ISIS will flow in to fill it. It doesn't take an intelligence expert to see this.

Edit to add: I will give him credit for ONE thing: Actually going to Congress about this instead of just doing it himself. At the very least, it gives YOU the American people the chance to tell your representatives how YOU feel about this, and where you'd like them to tell President Obama to go.
edit on 26-6-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Are you fracking kidding me???

What the hell!

(beezzer throws his hands in the air and walks away!)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Hell NO!!! It all ends up in the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood.

I don't trust Obama to be honest, nor honorable for one second.

Des

edit on 26-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Are you fracking kidding me???

What the hell!

(beezzer throws his hands in the air and walks away!)

Thanks...

Just the belly laugh I needed.

This has to be a trick....OP first time we ever agreed on anything.

S&F

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh.. Really?

Does he pinky swear and promise real serious like that THESE ones are vetted extra careful?

That pinky part is critical ya know. Couldn't accept his word without it.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I wonder what the criteria is for such a honor.

If you don't shoot your instructor in the back...You're in

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Good Job, America! Let's help vigilantes massacre even more of the civilians we have been idly watching die for nearly 2 years.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
No, no, no, this is so wrong on so many levels. This administration will never learn or they know exactly what will happen and this is all part of the plan.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Banging my head against the wall, again.

What is wrong with the country's leadership. Insanity.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I've sat here for 5 minutes tying to compute this......I still can't......

I can't even give rainbows to this......
Jane

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wasn't the last batch of Syrian rebels somewhat covertly armed by Boma and friends. Looks like a group walks up, states rebel, your side, and gets money and weapons.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Hell NO!!! It all ends up in the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood.

I don't trust Obama to be honest, nor honorable for one second.

Des

This just stinks to high heaven. What is even worse, is that there are probably neocons that will fully support this. It's like they aren't even trying to pretend they are on different teams anymore. Globalist scum. That's the nicest thing I can say about them.

This is a bad idea any way you look at it. How does Obama have the audacity to suggest this after everything that has happened in Iraq? Does he think the American people are too stupid to realize the issues are connected? Do he and his fellow supporters of Syrian terrorists in Congress just think they can flip the American people off and do it anyways?

What the hell? Surely there is no support for such a move even across partisan lines? I can't imagine a majority of educated democrats, republicans, independents or otherwise being in favor of putting even more power in the hands of people that have proven they are capable of switching allegiances at the drop of a hat, and supporting the worst scourge of terrorism humanity has ever seen.

edit on 26-6-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
We will be involved soon enough.

As soon as they attack Israel...and they will.

We a far from out of this mess. Matter of fact.

It gets scarier every day.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The funds would help Syrians defend against forces aligned with President Bashar al-Assad, the White House said.

Wait.......

WHAT?

Isn't Assad and Iran the only ones that seem to be fighting against ISIS???

Something sure smells funny with the propaganda machine this time.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if ISIS was just another boogie man created by the US so they could have an excuse to Bomb Syria and take out Assad so they could put in another global puppet.....

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If anyone doesn't understand that anything this man promises will turn out completely opposite by now never will.
If congress approves this aspiring convict ANY funds for more damage should be impeached with him.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Sadly due to the dumbing down of America most citizens know nothing and do not care about other countries. If government says iraq is next to Candyland the average citizens would believe it!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
We will be involved soon enough.

As soon as they attack Israel...and they will.

We a far from out of this mess. Matter of fact.

It gets scarier every day.

Yep. They have stated that plainly themselves (and not just ISIS). First Syria and Iraq, then Jordan and Israel. It's right from the horses mouth. Strategically speaking, why would you want to eliminate a roadblock that is currently keeping your enemy from attacking your ally?

There is way more to this than meets the eye.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's being reported here too....

$500million

I just don't get it....or is it that obvious and in our faces that we just can't see it? Or we can see it but it's almost as incredulous as watching 9/11 live on tv again......

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Moderate:
Meaning they will only cut your hand off and not your head.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Isnt it just possible that you all are letting prejudice cloud your opinions and driving a narrative that doesnt exist to give yourselves a sense of security?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join