It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox: What The Bleep Is Up With It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Seriously, this is really getting me angry. It updated to a new version and I lost page reload and page stop buttons, which I use a lot. I can't seem to find them in the new idiotic customize menu. I was also unable to find them in any add-ons but I may have missed it or not know exactly which add-on I need.

Now, just today, all of a sudden, it automatically changes tabs when I scroll over them, making my life difficult and angering me to no end. I've checked the add-ons and can see no option in any of them that is the source of this new problem.

If need be, I'll just go back one version or so and turn off the auto updates. I'd rather not go through that, at least today(It's been one of THOSE days so I'm not attempting that, I might just get more ticked off) but I will if that's what it takes. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place and it's a easy fix.

A friend said the other day "You know how computers work. They don't." I should kick him for saying that.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

FireFox has been acting all sorts of goofy on my computer lately so I just got rid of it, instead of driving myself insane. Back to using Chrome I guess.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I use firefox 30.0 and my reload and stop are at the end of the address bar. It is either a circular arrow or when it's reloading it's and X. It's actually part of the address bar, not a button after it.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I can't stand Firefox. I've had nothing but problems with it on my Mac and PC. I prefer to use Safari on Mac and IE 11 on my PC.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I turned off Firefox updates and am sticking with version 28.0, I've heard a lot of complaints with versions 29.0 and 30.0... and I like mine exactly the way it currently is.

A good motto in life when it comes to computers: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

FireFox has been acting all sorts of goofy on my computer lately so I just got rid of it, instead of driving myself insane. Back to using Chrome I guess.

I always loved Firefox and since a few versions ago, it just started to get annoying. It was slow and unreliable.
I am using chrome too and I don't mind google, since I already have an android phone and nothing to hide.
The synchronization between phone and browser makes it a lot easier + I use a tablet with chrome remote desktop and can play some casual computer games (hearthstone) via my tablet using that.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I use "Opera" and it does a good job everywhere, except with logic problems as it doesn't seem to handle vertical text.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I use firefox 30.0 and my reload and stop are at the end of the address bar. It is either a circular arrow or when it's reloading it's and X. It's actually part of the address bar, not a button after it.

Ok, that's hilarious. The reload button is right there, I totally missed it. I don't have the stop button, though. AH, found it while loading a page. Cool. That's that one fixed. Thanks for pointing out my idiocy.

a reply to: CranialSponge

I do think that will be the plan, go back a version or two and just leave it at that for a while until they fix this one.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I turned off Firefox updates and am sticking with version 28.0, I've heard a lot of complaints with versions 29.0 and 30.0... and I like mine exactly the way it currently is.

A good motto in life when it comes to computers: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

ALWAYS keep your browser(s) up to date for security fixes !

new topics

top topics

join