It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi army flushes out ISIL terrorists from Diyala

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

www.presstv.ir...
Iraqi army forces have flushed Takfiri militants out of a major district near the city of Baqubah in Diyala Province. The troops took control of al-Othaim from the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) on Monday. Dozens of militants were killed in the operation and a number of vehicles with Saudi license plates were seized. This is while the Iraqi army has denied reports that militants have taken control of the strategic city of Tal Afar.

If the Iraqi forces start turning the tide the US might intervene to save ISIS!

Meanwhile, anti-government tribesmen have taken control of the Trebil border crossing with Jordan. This comes as Iraqi security forces inflicted heavy losses on the ISIL terrorist group in their operations near Baghdad on Sunday. Reports say more than 90 Takfiri militants were killed in clashes with security forces in Tikrit and Fallujah.

Why don't we hear things like this in the US managed press

Why is the US pulling it's punches against these terrorists.

It didn't hesitate to Bomb Libya in supporting that rag tag army

Why is it hesitating to support Iraq, the mess that they made there?

Also why don’t we hear angry rhetoric from ISIS against the US?

Is ISIS and the US having a secret love affair?

Are they really buddies?

All we hear from Kerry and Obama is standard anti terrorist rhetoric with no juice behind it.

Something is rotten in denmark

OR ISIS UNVEILED!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Updating…

link

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
t's a crazy world but some places are the craziest . Reading this piece it would seem that the US wont be sending any advisers and that may be a good thing . I found this quote revealing from this piece

"The 300 military "advisers" the U.S. had announced to send to Iraqi headquarters will likely never arrive. There is disagreement over their legal status and the Iraqi government, given the U.S. commitment to another regime change in Baghdad, may well conclude that these soldiers would likely be malign actors rather than trustworthy allies. The Maliki government, like the Iranians, probably sees the whole ISIS attack as the result of a U.S. conspiracy.
My hunch for now is that ISIS will not go for the big fight in Baghdad in the near term but will rather try to launch some substantial diversion elsewhere. In the introduction of the interview Magnier writes:

ISIS’s aim is not Iraq and Syria, it is the Levant and beyond. It includes Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Israel and more. “No Limits”, as I am told.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

There is a large Q&A in a interview "Abu Baqr-al-Janabi, a “soldier of Dawla”, talks about the recent development in Iraq. He is an Iraqi but not a Baghdadi (from Baghdad itself). Abu Baqr spent most of his childhood in Baghdad and agreed for me to say only that he is in the Iraqi capital now.
This is what he told me:

Q: Is it ISIS or ISL?

A: Both are correct. Our initial target is Bilad-al-Sham (Levant). Whichever is correct.

Q: Is ISIS prevailing among other insurgent Iraqi groups? Many reports are saying ISIS represents only a small part of the upraising against Iraqi government. While Iraqi ex vice-President Izzat Duri is leading “Naqshabandi Men” and has the upper hand. Do you confirm?

A: “ A Naqshabandi can be sneaky but they can’t do as they are pleased in Iraq. For example, ISIS has absorbed IAI slowly. Some days back, in Diyala, IAI gave allegiance to ISIS making us as the largest group. As far as it concerns Izzat Duri, he can’t do anything about ISIS expansion. Any wrong move and it will turn ugly. So far, none of these they groups attacked ISIS or backstabbed it. Moreover, It is important to keep in mind that Mosul is the Iraqi Baath party birthplace. Nobody can deny that many groups are involved and fight alongside ISIS but its ISIS that calls the shots. For example its ISIS banners (Banner of monotheism) that is flying high, same thing in Baiji, Tikrit and other towns. But yes, ISIS is not fighting alone as the government claims”.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

edit on 23-6-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

My hunch for now is that ISIS will not go for the big fight in Baghdad in the near term

You might want to rethink that… they are headed there you know. The prize being the puppet Maliki and his masters in the Green Zone.

March to Baghdad

My take is the sectarian violence in 2013 has led to this march south. They are capturing American heavy weapons as they go and oil wells, selling oil to the highest bidder. The power vacuum left by the Americans is being refilled.

What did we expect from such a disastrous endeavor, welcoming arms?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I didn't do a good job on that post .Most of that is from the piece I I linked . I think that they have the weapons now to turn away from Baghdad for now and go clean house elsewhere . They will return though ,but for now it seems they may be " ISIS’s aim is not Iraq and Syria, it is the Levant and beyond. It includes Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Israel and more. “No Limits”, as I am told." ....I cant see them being so ambitious to include Israel though .... a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

That is worrying. Looks like those ISIL guys will just be swirling around from country to country looking to see which one is the easiest to pick off.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Iraqi "army" are trained for fleeing... not for combat.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The IA is fully capable of killing off ISIL in Iraq. Now, whether it get's done or not is another story.

Yeah, Diyala is not in the North and maybe that's why they decided to stand more firm. Maybe the IA Commander there decided it was in his best interest to keep things as-is. IDK.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Its all good. I think they will surround the city for now, consolidate, plan and then do hit and runs. Hard to defeat a militia that moves through the populace like fish in the ocean.

It will be a while, but they are a comin'. They want their ME back.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I fully expect that if we "help" that we might be bombing both sides, and perhaps more bombs might "Oops, casualty of war" on the Iraqi army.

At least that's my guess based on the way things keep playing out.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i believe that would be this guys turf.

Muhammad bin Fahd (Arabic: الأمير محمد بن فهد بن عبدالعزيز ال سعود‎)
(born 1950) is former governor of the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia
and a member of House of Saud.

So i guess ISIL is not House of Saud backed.

at home with friends & family???

Well at least he won.

what is the count now Isil 5
others 1
?

edit on 6/23/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join