It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos Surface of Senator McCain With Members of ISIS in Syria before Iraq Rampage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Just FYI:

This was before those guys rebranded themselves ISIS.
Back then they were still part of AQI (not that this makes it any better...)

It is generally a mistake to categorize their combat units like we would with regular armed forces though.
edit on 23-6-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Osiris1953

And contribute to the countless deaths of civilians. You seem a bit blase about the impact that america has had on geopolitcs. I suggest you get real and face the facts. After all this is all for your benefit, isn't that what they tell us?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

That strays into semantics, as they were well known when still allied with Al Qaeda in Iraq or any number of jihadi groups. Whether they went by the names:

Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad
Tanzim Qaidat al-Jihad fi Bilad al-Rafidayn
Islamic State of Iraq
Al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI)
Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant

They are a loose organization and have had a major presence in and around Iraq and Syria. Previously they had been known as Islamic State of Iraq (2006), operated a media outlet for propaganda called al-Furqan Institute for Media Production, ISI became ISIS as well operating their current media/propaganda outlet called I'tisaam Media Foundation as of 2013 (and after these photos were taken).

Briefing: What is the Islamic State In Iraq and the Levant (ISIS)?

Regardless of the names the jihadi groups were calling themselves at the time, Mccain should have known that members he was meeting with were jihadi, backed by the Muslim Brotherhood, and had already committed atrocities. Two of the men posing with McCain were involved in the “kidnapping of 11 Shiite pilgrims one year ago.” (identified as Mohammad Nour and Abu Ibrahim, both posing alongside Mccain). See:

McCain crosses paths with rebel kidnapper

When "Arab Spring" reached Syria, it became evident fairly quickly that the Syrian rebels were imported jihadists, pouring in from Iraq, and that AQI made up it's largest component, and AQI has been around since 2003.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

By the way, ISIS was formed in January of 2014.

my dear brother, if you're going to lie and deceive you should at least put some truth in your lies because that is what the successful deceivers do.

this first quote is from CFR, I believe you trust them?

Meanwhile, in 2012 the group adopted its new moniker, ISIS (sometimes translated as Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL)

CFR - About ISIS

The group has used several different names since its formation in early 2004 as Jamāʻat al-Tawḥīd wa-al-Jihād, "The Organization of Monotheism and Jihad"

13 October 2006, the establishment of the Dawlat al-ʻIraq al-Islāmīyah, "'Islamic State of Iraq" (ISI) was announced.

On 9 April 2013, having expanded into Syria, the group adopted the name "Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant", also known as "Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham"

On 14 May 2014, the US State Department announced its decision to use "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant" (ISIL) as the group's primary name.

so please, get some more training and read one old book; the name is "Propaganda", it's from 1930's, it may help you in your effort.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

Being the op info deals with McCain and ISIS I think its important to tell the truth about it. Which is to say he did not meet with ISIS in 2013 as claimed, since ISIS was not created until 2014. Secondly his meeting in 2013 resulted in him explaining why the US will not support them with equipment or air support.

The map presented is not a war map as claimed.

Using your logic would allow the use of the term Nazis for the current German government and Bolsheviks for the Russian government.

I know how you guys love trying to blame the entire woes of the world on the US.. The problem here is the argument being made is not supported by facts.

The simple fact that you went out of your way to address 1 point in my post while ignoring the others speaks volumes as well. Nothing in your post had anything to do with the topic or my post. Labeling facts you don't like as propaganda is a common tactic of yours.

The problem with your accusation is you cannot support it with facts. If you could you would not have obfuscated by putting up a list of names a group went by over the years. Even more so you would have been able to understand the difference in goals of those groups, the different leadership of those groups, and how the group has splintered, joined with Al Qaeda, only for Al Qaeda to disown them and boot them out, to what was created in January of 2014 - Which would be ISIS.

If your going to try and debate, get your info and facts right.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The post title specifically states "Mccain poses with MEMBERS of ISIS." That is a fact. ISIS is now using this photo as part of their propaganda campaign. Nour and Ibrahim were already known as jihadi terrorists.

Pamela Geller has called it right on Mccain. FYI Geller is a staunch conservative and contributor to WND, Breitbart.com, and American Thinker, so she is far into the right-wing mediaverse. This what she had to say on Mccain:

John McCain’s ISIS Photo Op: Jihad Army Runs Ad Campaign Featuring Photo with Jhn McCain
(pamelageller.com)

Back in 2013, I sharply criticized John McCain for his vocal support of the jihad rebels in Syria. He adamantly insisted that these were moderates. Moderates only to fantasists or the delusional.

McCain’s ignorance was laid bare back in May 2013 when Senator McCain snuck into Syria to meet with the so-called opposition. In the meeting, John McCain proudly posed with some of those “rebels.”

...two of the men posing with McCain were involved in the “kidnapping of 11 Shiite pilgrims one year ago.” This is what happens when clueless polticians inject themselves into situations in which they clearly do not belong. What was McCain thinking, sneaking into Syria to meet with jihadists?

Senator McCain went to Syria to meet with the opposition.

The Free Syrian Army and Al Nusrah, the two main armed factions of the Syrian resistance are jihadist groups run by the Muslim Brotherhood and al-Qaeda

He was warned by us repeatedly. But the blowhard blew harder. In an Anderson Cooper interview, Senator McCain claimed, “We can identify who these people are. We can help the right people.” And who does he think the right people are?

Those “right’ people, ISIS, are running this photo as part of an online ad campaign. John McCain, the face of a thousand beheadings.

Geller nailed it with this statement: "This is what happens when clueless polticians inject themselves into situations in which they clearly do not belong."

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I would like to believe when McCain started into politics, he had good intentions.
It's painfully obvious that the higher up the political ladder one goes, the more self-serving and corrupt their soul becomes.
John McCain is not the man he once was. It's almost as if he's had a complete personality transplant. Or, maybe he was just able to hide his true colors for years, and ride the 'war hero' wagon into public deception.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
McCain meets with the "rebels" and US secret services are afraid of a new 9/11?

Who is still so blind to believe that the 9/11 was not an inside job?

Oh and btw, F**K the human massacre machines of ISIS!
edit on 24-6-2014 by JesusChristwins because: rage

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What!? Republicans have to do with the whole turmoil in the middle east!?

I DONT BELIEVE IT!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Believe it, heh.

What I'd like to know is, how Mccain so easily met with jihadi rebels in Syria. You can't tell me these factions haven't been in communication with factions in the US government.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Right I got that part about the title.

Its the reason I made the comment and linked to the article. The photo is a year old, ISIS did not form until Jan 2014. I was pointing out the inconsistencies.

What part of my posts tripped ya up? I ask because all the external quotes had nothing to do with my posts.

Members of Congress, being its a separate branch of government, is free to travel and meet with whomever so long as it does not delve into true foreign policy by speaking on behalf of the US. As we see he would not agree to the requests being made.

One could argue that by doing this McCain could have been trying to educate himself more on the issues. We bitch about our government doing things half assed and then when one individual looks for answers he gets berated.

McCain is the Republican equivalent to the Democrats Charlie Wilson.

Don't get me wrong im not a fan of McCain however the article misrepresented information to pain a picture. If we are going to hold our government officials accountable the least we could do would be to gather facts and go from there.
edit on 24-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
why do they call Mccain the songbird again?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hey, John, I forgot to ask you who took the photos. Was it your friend, Saudi Prince Bandar? Afterall, you said “Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar, and for our Qatari friends,”

BTW did you ever ask Prince Bandar about his highjackers training in Arizona?

Well, John, seems to me like you and Bandar like goin' rogue.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Right I got that part about the title.

Its the reason I made the comment and linked to the article. The photo is a year old, ISIS did not form until Jan 2014. I was pointing out the inconsistencies.

What part of my posts tripped ya up? I ask because all the external quotes had nothing to do with my posts.

Members of Congress, being its a separate branch of government, is free to travel and meet with whomever so long as it does not delve into true foreign policy by speaking on behalf of the US. As we see he would not agree to the requests being made.

One could argue that by doing this McCain could have been trying to educate himself more on the issues. We bitch about our government doing things half assed and then when one individual looks for answers he gets berated.

McCain is the Republican equivalent to the Democrats Charlie Wilson.

Don't get me wrong im not a fan of McCain however the article misrepresented information to pain a picture. If we are going to hold our government officials accountable the least we could do would be to gather facts and go from there.
So do you actually believe that there are not enough facts around to hold the US government responsible for decades of sabotaging and interfering in the world affairs?...I mean how much facts one needs while witnessing first hand that the event after event of interferences are taking place all the time everywhere, overtly!...It seems like even the politicians themselves are trying harder and harder each day to add up to an already full list of obvious facts.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I will disagree with you about the comparison of Charlie Wilson and John McCain. Wilson, being a Democrat, got the US guvment to pay for the covert war. John McCain, OTOH, followed in the footsteps of great Republicans like Ronald Reagan (although maybe he really didn't know), George Bush Sr (as VP), Colonel Ollie North, etal, in using someone else's money to pay for covert war, when they used the Ayatollah's money to fund their Central American war in the 1980s. (heehee Prince Bandar even was involved in that war, too, BTW.)

Now, to be perfectly honest, there is a slight difference among the scoundrels, as the Ayatollah was our declared enemy at the time, and the Saudis have not been declared an enemy, although with friends like them, who needs enemies.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shapur

no, he doesn't believe that but that what is official line that he support.

I am sure he will ask you for some more "facts" like he is doing in every other post.

mentioning Bolsheviks, Nazis, anti - American sentiment etc., straw arguments, derailing the discussion, provoking emotional response, accusing, mocking and in the end proclaiming the sources and information provided invalid/misrepresented end asking for some "real facts" (pieces of information that suits the agenda)...

but however you put it, there is a photo of McCain with extremists, nobody can deny that.

you can make explanation upon explanation and word it very nice; you can pack the story in beautiful paper.

that will not change anything - picture is there.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

A bit of a stretch, surely?

He's photographed with a commander in the FSA - the moderate Syrian faction fighting ISIS as well as the Assad regime - and at some point in the future, the Commander is ejected and some of his fighters defect to ISIS yet somehow that is proof of a US connection?

Hmmmm....

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

...the least we could do would be to gather facts and go from there.

so you still claim ISIS was non existent before this year?

you know, beside media; there is a whole wide world out there: a world where things exist even before media announce or "discover" they exist.

ISIS's etymology can be traced to al-Qaeda in Iraq, which arose in response to the U.S. invasion in 2003. The group was active in the insurgency in Iraq, but when civil war broke out along sectarian lines in Syria in 2011, many ISIS members crossed the border to fight with other al-Qaeda-affiliated groups against the Shia Alawite regime of Syria's President Bashar al-Assad. In 2013, ISIS came into a conflict with fellow jihadists, says Bokhari. ISIS "hit a dead end in Syria, because it was fighting on two fronts – both the Assad regime and its allies as well as rival rebel groups that were relatively moderate," says Bokhari. As a result, "It decided it was in its interest to go back into Iraq."

cbc.ca

Isis has secured massive cashflows from the oilfields of eastern Syria, which it had commandeered in late 2012, some of which it sold back to the Syrian regime. It has also made money from smuggling raw materials pillaged in Syria as well as priceless antiquities from archeological digs. An intelligence official told the Guardian that Isis took $36m from al-Nabuk, an area in the Qalamoun mountains west of Damascus, including antiquities that are up to 8,000 years old.

theguardian.com

stop lying or explain stupidity.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I saw this too and wanted to post it. McCain is a joke.
The evidence is coming in that Obama and his so called security team are a group of idiots almost as bad as Bush.

It’s becoming clear that the US is running an agenda based foreign policy that really uses terrorism as a geopolitical tool just to screw certain Arab governments.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
ISIL is being propped up by the US/NATO black op squad, there’s no doubt about it. We don’t need Global Research to tell us this it is obvious if you closely examine events and the MSM noise.

You’re not going to read it in the MSM newspapers. One has to use their own deductive capacity to see what’s clear to those with eyes to see.

Of course the US won’t fess up to it.

All you have to do is read between the lines in the MSM news.

Ask yourself these questions.

Why don’t we hear the standard anti American stuff from ISIS?

Why is Obama pulling his punches in attacking this terrorist threat?

Why is the media claiming a “civil war” is going on in Iraq . That’s not true.

A small ban of extremist have attacked the country.

The US wants ISIL to tear apart Iraq and Syria for their own geopolitical skullduggery

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join