It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos Surface of Senator McCain With Members of ISIS in Syria before Iraq Rampage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Look it doesn’t matter when they were created the black op boys do things we will never see or know conclusively

They create and control groups all the time to further the powerful US agenda.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Nothing to see here. It would be thought crime to think that John may have violated 18 USC 2441.

Perhaps we should investigate it.

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Our 1$ Bill has what I call spiderwebs all around the reverse side of the bill. The doors behind these guys have a similar design. I'm sure there not related but just wanted to make a really long stretch of a connection. lol

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I have provided you with numerous links from various resources and they all agree ISIS was formed much earlier than January 2014.

I am yet to see anyone (beside you obviously) claiming ISIS was formed in 2014.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: demus

I have provided you with numerous links from various resources and they all agree ISIS was formed much earlier than January 2014.

I am yet to see anyone (beside you obviously) claiming ISIS was formed in 2014.

see, I asked you why you're lying, I asked you to stop lying

or

to explain your position and your opinion

now I will give more info and I hope you will actually reply.

Al-Qa‘ida in Iraq (AQI), also known as the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) and more recently the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), was established in April 2004

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in April 2013 declared the group was operating in Syria and changed its public name to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.

so, this group was existing long before January 2014 and even if you want to claim it is different group because of the name it is still clear it was operating under the name ISIS/ISIL before 2014.

quotations are from National Counterterrorism Center, I believe you find the resource trustworthy?

National Counterterrorism Center - ISIS

The National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) is a United States government organization responsible for national and international counterterrorism efforts. It is based in a modern complex in McLean, Virginia, called Liberty Crossing near Tysons Corner. NCTC advises the United States on terrorism.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: shapur]So do you actually believe that there are not enough facts around to hold the US government responsible for decades of sabotaging and interfering in the world affairs?...I mean how much facts one needs while witnessing first hand that the event after event of interferences are taking place all the time everywhere, overtly!...It seems like even the politicians themselves are trying harder and harder each day to add up to an already full list of obvious facts.

Read my posts.

What you stated here has absolutely nothing to do with my posts.
When there are too many people who presumably do not understand your posts (according to yourself) then there is a chance that either you are just assuming stuff or your posts do not make sense at all which in both cases disqualifies your comments as a rational one...As other posters mentioned earlier,The ISIS or Daesh was formed long before 2014 and that is not even an issue anyways.The problem is there are still people like you that are totally influenced by the MSM and they are proud of it and even brag about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Yes, that's exactly what I said about Charlie Wilson: he got the govt to fund his war.

My reference to Reagan was in regards to Iran-Contra, where Colonel North etal funding circumvented Congress.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

There was a glitch in your link, it should be working below:

Al-Qa‘ida in Iraq (AQI)

Al-Qa‘ida in Iraq (AQI), also known as the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) and more recently the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), was established in April 2004 by long-time Sunni extremist Abu Mus‘ab al-Zarqawi, who the same year pledged his group’s allegiance to Usama Bin Ladin. AQI targeted Coalition forces and civilians using tactics such as vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices (VBIEDs), suicide bombers, and executions of hostages by beheading and other means, attempting to pressure countries and foreign companies to leave Iraq, push Iraqis to stop supporting the United States and the Iraqi Government, and attract additional cadre to its ranks.

Al-Zarqawi was killed in a US airstrike on 7 June 2006. The new leader of AQI, Abu Ayyub al-Masri, announced in October 2006 the formation of the Islamic State of Iraq, led by Iraqi national Abu Umar al-Baghdadi, in an attempt to politicize AQI’s terrorist activities and place an “Iraqi face” on their efforts.

ISIL is the other name for ISIS, in fact it's the correct name that most MSM stations are now using. Baghdadi is also the AQI/ISI/ISIS/ISIL leader that has been making all the news recently as it's leader during the current Iraq rampage.

If we to presume the NSA has actually been doing it's job, then Mccain should have had all the intel he needed that he was jumping into bed with known terrorists and jihadis. He and the Neo-conservatives in particular have long been in bed with Saudi interests in pushing their war agenda.

Saudi Arabia, Qatari, and the Republican Neocons have the same agenda in Syria, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with any humanitarian concerns for victims of Assad's regime.

As far back as 1997 PNAC, the Project for the New American Century, laid out this agenda: regime change by force in Iraq, Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Iran.

They have a multitude of financial and oil interests in doing so, one of the ones impacted by Syria is the pipeline project between Qatari and Europe (through Saudi Arabia, Syria and Turkey). It's about stopping the pipeline project between Iran and Syria.

There is a wealth of information on this topic at:
Syria update - the Islamic Extremists are losing the war, so Saudi Arabia wants to supply heavy weapons

Regarding Obama in all this, from day one he has left the Neocons in charge of his foreign policy. He is an 'appeaser,' unfortunately, and unwilling to get in their way.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Where's McCain, there's war. Just retire already.
We need a new conspiracy theory that he's crazy and funding terrorists around the world just for fun.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I really want to flag this thread...

But the truth is that I am disappointed that this is "news" to you guys. These pics are old. The pro-Assad Syrians have been critical of McCain and have posted these pictures back when he was in Syria to show that McCain sponsored ultraviolent radicals. If I recall correctly, and ISIL commander ate the liver of a Syrian commander a few days after this, to which there was huge criticism in regards to American foreign policy.

It's just too bad that everybody was crying about how evil Assad was with his "barrel bombs" at the time. Funny how when the truth finally comes out, it exposes all those who have previously been exposed as liars. Yet when a new crisis unfolds, people still accept the same BS, like how McCain was taking pictures of himself with top neo-Nazis in Ukraine. But nooooo, those guys are the good guys...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

The trouble is, and the reason for this post, is that this isn't news for the vast majority of Americans. Too many voters are clueless about the behind-the-scenes activities of our leaders, especially regarding the Middle East.

It's just too bad that everybody was crying about how evil Assad was with his "barrel bombs" at the time.

Assad is evil, and had used brutal tactics to keep his family in power for decades. That's what is making this so easy for ISIS and Al-Qaeda, they can hide behind the "freedom fighter" mask while committing their own atrocities.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

By the way, ISIS was formed in January of 2014.

By the way the ISIS was formed in 2013 not 2014, in 2014 ISIS has only just being mentioned on the news.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

The trouble is, and the reason for this post, is that this isn't news for the vast majority of Americans. Too many voters are clueless about the behind-the-scenes activities of our leaders, especially regarding the Middle East.

It's just too bad that everybody was crying about how evil Assad was with his "barrel bombs" at the time.

Assad is evil, and had used brutal tactics to keep his family in power for decades. That's what is making this so easy for ISIS and Al-Qaeda, they can hide behind the "freedom fighter" mask while committing their own atrocities.

But ISIL and other anti-Assad factions like al-Nusra are not viewed as liberators by the Syrian people.

The Islamist revolutionary tactics that we see stem back to 1970s Iran. The CIA-imposed dictator was so busy hunting down leftist revolutionaries that the Islamist movement boomed. And Islamists were successful because they were all about destroying western culture that the Shah had imposed on the Iranian people in place of traditional culture.

What this means now is that the Sunnis have learned that complete abolishment of secularism is an ideology that can be backed up by their fundamentalist beliefs. Syria has evolved into a more secular state over the decades due to its alliance with the atheist Soviet Union, and now Russia.

For the USA, the way to beat non-aligned secular regimes in the Middle East is to endorse factions based on radical Islamist ideology, because history has shown that they can carry out successful revolutions in that region.

But the problem is that these Islamists are trying to form their own hegemony over the region, and clearly the USA would have to engage them at some point. The American planners, in all their hubris, believe that this is a tangible issue that they can solve.

As another member posted in a thread they made, maybe the Americans are planning to suck in other major geopolitical rivals into the region to instead fight the Islamist uprising. Indeed, this is what the Soviets did when Brzezinski helped the mujahideen, and look at the outcome of that occupation.

Russia and China have a lot of assets in the region, and both Russia and China have Islamist insurgencies within their borders. Imagine what the next step would be if the ISIL uprising managed to usurp Syria? Would their next front be Iran, or would it be Russian bases or Chinese mines?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Why don’t we hear the standard anti American stuff from ISIS?

Why is Obama pulling his punches in attacking this terrorist threat?

Why is the media claiming a “civil war” is going on in Iraq . That’s not true.

A small ban of extremist have attacked the country.

The US wants ISIL to tear apart Iraq and Syria for their own geopolitical skullduggery

It's BECAUSE it's a civil war that ISIS isn't launching attacks against America or its allies. ISIS isn't going to risk antagonizing a third party who may come to Iraq's aid. Obama is not willing to pay the political cost of interfering unless something drastic happens. That's points 1 and 2. Point 3 is clearly true, since ISIS is a rebel group made up of a couple dozen thousand guys trying to form their own state, who have killed thousands of people. You don't have to be a genius to see that no US president would have to fund an insurgency to tear apart Iraq and Syria-- they could do it themselves. But if you were a genius you'd also realize there's no reason to want more influence in either country. Oil? US is now a net exporter, and has more proven shale reserves than 90% of other countries.

I highly suggest people check out William Spaniel's entire channel, but his videos on Civil Wars are particularly useful: www.youtube.com...

If you want to explain what's going on by corruption and conspiracy, just make sure you can't explain it equally as well if those corrupt conspirators just used money directly.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I was just reading your link and looking at the picture and not for the first time my mind said, "Man that is Orwellian." I mean, one year the Mujahideen in Afghanistan or the militants in Syria or Libya are noble "freedom fighters" and then the next year or two the same groups are "terrorists" and a clear and present danger, demanding military action. Meanwhile, the politicians and most people seem to make an Orwellian double-think switch from year to year, "Almen, I hope those freedom lubbing Syrian people's done get that demon Assad" to "Now those Syrian f̶r̶e̶e̶d̶o̶m̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ terrorists are a threat to democracy and Iraq. Should we bomb them?!"

̶

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
Ph otos of Senator McCain “chillin’” with ISIS Leaders in Syria Before Their Rampage Through Iraq
(theminorityreportblog.com)

Remember when Sen. John McCain took that tour of Syria with the rebels? This is what he said about it when he came back:

“It was a very moving experience to meet these fighters who have been struggling now for over two years,” McCain said on CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360” on Wednesday night. “And they’re very aware of the battlefield situation and they’re very disturbed about the dramatic influx of Hezbollah fighters, more Iranians, and of course, stepped-up activities of Bashar Assad.”

Here’s one of the photos released to Politico:

Here’s the one ISIS released recently:

So, who’s the new guy?

The man closest to John McCain is General Salim Idris, who was the head of the Free Syria “moderates” at the time.

Idris was booted out.

ISIS is saying some of the men on that photo fight with them now.

Nice work, Senator.

Mccain continues to be one of the biggest war hawks in American government. He more than anyone advocates for full-scale armed intervention across the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

First, thanks for the thoughtful reply;

But ISIL and other anti-Assad factions like al-Nusra are not viewed as liberators by the Syrian people.

They were, however, portrayed as liberators, Mccain even referred to them as "Syrian Mujahideen" in comparing them to Afghani's from the Soviet-Afghan war in the 80's. Mccain further went on to say in a CNN interview “Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar,” yet, we know that Saudis have been one of the largest financial backers of ISIS. People in America have only just begun to see them in the proper light - jihadis hellbent on creating a Sunni Caliphate.

When "Arab Spring" first broke out in Syria, we were inundated with MSM declarations these were oppressed victims of Assad, and while some Syrians have been, it should have been apparent this was AQI at work, especially to the likes of a high ranking US senator.

You can sum up the factions by looking at it from the viewpoint of Oil:
On one side: USA, Saudi Arabia, Quatar
On the other: Russia, Iran, Syria
And both sides will use the Arab division between Sunni-Shiites for gain.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Need to make money. Wars make money. Need to make wars. Need enemies. Need to invent enemies. Need to nurture and support enemies. Need to war with enemies. War makes money. Need to make more money. War makes more money.

Rinse.

Repeat.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Somewhere in the back of my mind I thought of something else I had run across over the years. .... I would think that what McCain did on his own comes closer to the Logan Act

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 30 January 1799, currently codified at 18 U.S.C. § 953) is a United States federal law that forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments. It was passed in 1799 and last amended in 1994. Violation of the Logan Act is a felony, punishable under federal law with imprisonment of up to three years.

He was not with any Congressional delegation, and acting as Citizen McCain encouraging a foreign govt to arm and supply "rebels" while our State Dept was trying to figure out what to do seems close to the Logan Act.

edit on 25-6-2014 by desert because: took out last sentence

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
McCain did the same thing back in 2009:

McCain Lands in Libya, Calls Rebels ‘My Heroes’

John McCain has been one of the most aggressive supporters for American military intervention in Libya. After landing in Benghazi, the opposition's de facto capital in the east, the senator's comments seemed to stay in the same hawkish vein. Exiting a hotel with his security detail, McCain said of the rebels, "They are my heroes." He was there to meet with the rebel National Transition Council "to get an on the ground assessment of the situation." (McCain has been pushing to arm the rebels, which he believes will prevent Qaddafi from consolidating power in one section of the country and creating a military deadlock.)

McCain Admits U.S. Armed And Equipped Libya Rebels, Calls For Same In Syria Conflict

John McCain visits Libya to meet with rebels

Here is McCain again, in Syria, for a sitdown meeting with Syrian "rebels."

This photo deserves more scrutiny, as several of these men were connected to the Muslim Brotherhood, and most (including O'Bagy, the photographer, operate as lobbyists for SETF, Syrian Emergency Task Force. The names include:

- Mouaz Moustafa:

Executive Director of the SETF. The Daily Caller’s Jamie Weinstein reported back in July that McCain referred to Moustafa as a “patriot” and sang his praises. All indications are that Moustafa is an extremely effective lobbyist for the rebels.

Also in July, we wrote that Moustafa was a participant at the increasingly significant U.S.-Islamic World Forum (US-IWF) that took place in Doha, Qatar, a strongly pro-Muslim Brotherhood region. (source)

-Razan Shalab AlSham, SETF, SETF includes Dr. Yahya Basha, who headed AMC, founded by Abdulrahman Alamoudi, convicted of financing terrorism.

Source: Did John McCain let the Cat out of the O’Bagy?

This was also the second time McCain posed for photos with someone who had ties to terrorism, yet he claimed it was 'accidental.' None of this looks too 'accidental' to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This reminds me of 2006 when McCain was linking Iran with Al-Qaeda. He has never been all that knowledgeable on the region or their conflicts, he just likes war.

edit on 06am01am302014-06-26T01:48:28-05:0001America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join