It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children hopping death trains to get to the US for Obama's promised Amnesty

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I get pretty tired of the old "your a racist" line when one disagrees with Obama's policies.

That is what you and Bill Mahr are saying.

That is old tactics and blatantly untrue, just a tactic to get the other side upset at being called racist and trying to intimidate them into silence. There is no "black-tracking" here. That's another way of saying the buck never stops with Obama as he points his middle finger to a portrait of Bush or Boehner. It is a justification for the fact that Obama NEVER takes responsibility for ANYTHING that has happened or is happening on "his watch" as President - he ALWAYS blames someone else and normally claims ignorance of the situation (which is a very bad sign for a leader).

One can disagree with his executive orders and lack of real border enforcement and it has nothing to do with Obama's race, that is a really tired old argument that isn't cutting it anymore with me or with the American people.

Have you seen the latest headline:

www.nationalreview.com...

ALL employment gains since the year 2000 have gone to immigrants.
According to a major new report from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), net employment growth in the United States since 2000 has gone entirely to immigrants, legal and illegal. Using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, CIS scholars Steven A. Camarota and Karen Zeigler found that there were 127,000 fewer working-age natives holding a job in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000, while the number of immigrants with a job was 5.7 million above the 2000 level.

So Obama's solution and the Democrats solution is to bring in more immigrants. The "other side" is simply asking for enforcement of current immigration law, which is not happening . period.
edit on 27-6-2014 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
More new news on the topic:

cnsnews.com...

Albert Spratte, the sergeant-at-arms of the National Border Patrol Council, Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley, said the Obama administration is largely to blame for waves of illegal immigrants that have been flooding the Southwest U.S. border since February, saying the government opened the door for the crisis by making it “clear they’re not going to deport people.” Spratte, who was speaking with CNSNews.com as a representative of the union, further said “we don’t have control of the border,” and if the Obama administration claims it is not in effect giving amnesty to the illegals, then “don’t believe them.”

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

I get pretty tired of the old "your a racist" line when one disagrees with Obama's policies.

That is what you and Bill Mahr are saying.

That is old tactics and blatantly untrue, just a tactic to get the other side upset at being called racist and trying to intimidate them into silence. There is no "black-tracking" here. That's another way of saying the buck never stops with Obama as he points his middle finger to a portrait of Bush or Boehner. It is a justification for the fact that Obama NEVER takes responsibility for ANYTHING that has happened or is happening on "his watch" as President - he ALWAYS blames someone else and normally claims ignorance of the situation (which is a very bad sign for a leader).

One can disagree with his executive orders and lack of real border enforcement and it has nothing to do with Obama's race, that is a really tired old argument that isn't cutting it anymore with me or with the American people.

It's not about calling someone a racist because they disagree with Obama's policies, it's about calling some a racist for abandoning and/or reversing their own policy positions the second Obama agrees with them. Things like the personal mandate, cap & trade, minimum wage, women's rights, child labor laws, etc., etc., etc...

With respect to your assertion that the POTUS refuses to take responsibility for his actions, I think I see what you mean. (Extreme Sarcasm)

Is that why the PPACA bears his name? Did he not take responsibility for ordering the raid that captured Bin Laden, despite overwhelming advice not to do so? Did he say the devil made him sign the E.O. allowing the EPA to adopt new CO2 emission standards? Is he blaming the GOP for the prisoner swap that freed Bergdahl?

I think what you really meant is that you haven't yet been able to convince him to take personal responsibility for literally "everything" that's wrong with America and if I were you, I wouldn't hold my breath with the expectation that such an event is going to occur anytime soon.

Have you seen the latest headline:

www.nationalreview.com...

ALL employment gains since the year 2000 have gone to immigrants.
According to a major new report from the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), net employment growth in the United States since 2000 has gone entirely to immigrants, legal and illegal. Using data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, CIS scholars Steven A. Camarota and Karen Zeigler found that there were 127,000 fewer working-age natives holding a job in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000, while the number of immigrants with a job was 5.7 million above the 2000 level.

I just got through reading 4 different articles about this and I can't see where any of them addressed other factors that may play a significant role in what we're seeing with respect to native vs. immigrant employment here in the U.S..

For starters, every one of the articles I read stated that this is a long term trend, as evidenced by the fact that we're comparing numbers over a 14 yr. period beginning in 2000, which by the way was the year George W. Bush took office. (I'm not trying to imply that this is entirely Bush's fault either, just that these numbers show that the decline in native employment has been happening for quite some time.)

Secondly, I can't see where any of the articles take into account the rapidly increasing numbers of baby-boomers who are now retiring. In doing so, many of them (like myself) are vacating jobs that most native americans don't want any part of. I was a union longshoreman and it was hard enough to get people to do that kind of work even then, despite the good wages and benefit packages offered. It's unbelievably hard work and most young natives nowadays just aren't interested in doing it.

Thirdly, many of the immigrant employees who secure some of the better jobs, do so because of unique skills they bring to the table. IMO, this is a direct reflection of the need to reform the american education system. Currently, we are not properly preparing our kids with the skills needed to compete in today's global economy.

I have a friend from Belgium who has been working in the U.S. for over 10 yrs. now and the primary reason she was recruited for her job was due to her language skills. She speaks at least 4 different languages fluently and in a global economy run by multi-national corporations, being multi lingual is a prerequisite to employment. How many languages do your children speak?

Instead of teaching our children the necessary skills to be successful as adults, we're busy arguing about whether we should be teaching evolution or creationism. What an absolute joke!!!

So Obama's solution and the Democrats solution is to bring in more immigrants. The "other side" is simply asking for enforcement of current immigration law, which is not happening . period.

And that's a bald faced lie! Obama's solution is not to bring in more immigrants but rather it's to adopt comprehensive immigration reform in an attempt to address and alleviate the problem that already exist. Something the GOP used to be in favor of prior to Obama taking office. (yet another clear example of "Black-Tracking")

Furthermore, the "other side" isn't asking for enforcement of current immigration law because if they were, they would be satisfied with what's being done.

Let me repeat this one more time; The unaccompanied, minor, immigrant children currently crossing into the U.S. are being handled as dictated by the immigration statutes put in place when George W. Bush enacted legislation creating the Dept. of Homeland Security in 2002! What part of that don't you understand? And by the way, how's that working for ya?

This is precisely why we need comprehensive immigration reform and the only thing stopping it is the GOP's insistence on opposing anything that Obama supports. Even when it means reversing their own previously held position on the issue.

It's pathetic and to date, the term "Black-Tracking" is probably the most accurate narrative I've seen describing the lunacy I'm currently witnessing with respect to the TP/GOP.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Good bye flatfish. We are never going to agree.

Race baiting is so passe and such a tired cliche over the past 6 years that I won't entertain it anymore.

It's just been the 2 of us for awhile. So bye bye on this thread.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join