It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellraiser on top of a bus-stop. Prank or paranormal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This came accross my FB feed today, and it is something I have never heard of before. I searched here and I couldnt find a thread for it, so I thought I'd share it here to see why you guys think.

An Elephant & Castle bus stop may be a portal to hell, according to a peculiar story we picked up from Peckham Peculiar. For the last few years, a VHS copy of 1987 horror film ‘Hellraiser’ – the moving tale of a chap with a pincushion for a noggin – has sat atop the bus shelter by Lidl on Old Kent Road. You’re thinking, ‘That’s just littering.’ So were we. Until a second copy appeared. And then they both vanished. And then they came back. And vanished again. And returned again. And then a copycat VHS turned up on a Stoke Newington bus stop. Is it a prank? Some kind of Walworth wormhole?

now-here-this.timeout.com...

I've been reading a lot of time-space portals latley so it piked my interest, but I think this might be just some prank. What say you ATS? Is there anyone near the bus-stop to shed some light?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Thanks mate, next time I am on the southbound Northern line, I'll get off at Elephant & Castle and check it out.
This stuff has always intrigued me. wow

maybe The Peckham Boys are just trying to frighten people around or some local kids, these gangs use bloody tricks
edit on 20-6-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Perhaps it's a signal used by a local drug dealer.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joki42

Didnt think of that.

The second VHS take is a copycat drug dealer

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Ha i love stuff like this.

Prank?
Art?
Some kind of strange statement of some sort?
Perhaps even some sort of social experiment?

I hope they/we never find out!

A good mystery is only a mystery till its solved, then its just another story.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Haha. 1 if by land, 2 if by sea.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i was actually going to suggest that the VHS tapes were being used as "dead drops" for drug deals. but, it really just seems too weird to be that. first off it's way to unsecure to be a dead drop site for drugs and secondly everyone and their mother seems to know about it. but, it appears as if nobody has touched it or looked inside it? i mean granted i probably wouldn't wanna go near that thing. who knows what bad ju-ju that tape could have. lol

anyway, this is interesting, but i don't really get the sense there is anything paranormal about this. just weird is all. maybe someone should toss a copy of The Hellbound Heart up there so there's some literary representation of the hellraiser story up there with the film adaptation. lol

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
READ THE LINK!!!!

The 1st copy was there for years before someone added a second - then somebody (presumably council) took them away.
Then somebody added another - this is standard british humour.

The King George statue in Glasgow is given a traffic cone as a hat every weekend - no paranormal activity just us brits exercising our eccentric humour.

from the comments:

Danny O'Dwyer @dannyodwyer
Follow
The VHS copy of Hellraiser on top of the bus stop on Old Kent Road was getting worn. So somebody threw ANOTHER VHS Hellraiser up there.
12:19 PM - 25 Jan 2013

Tom Wateracre @wateracre
Follow
There's a bus stop on Old Kent Road that, for a time, had a VHS copy of Hellraiser on it. Getting bleached by sun and rain...
8:58 AM - 13 Apr 2013

edit on 20-6-2014 by johnb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Perhaps it's a signal used by a local drug sdealer.

Keep an eye out for the guy with one cuff rolled on his pants. That is common signal.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
things like that are usually signals to spooks and other assorted up to no gooders. Also, look for smashed chalk on certain corners. Same bottle or small piece of trash that comes and goes from the same exact location consistently (make sure to observe if it's from a homeless person or not)

All can easily be signals that a drop off has occurred and is ready for pickup etc...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It's a sign for every time someone fails the tasks they've been set to join a cult.

So when you see two, that's two in one day.

They are running cults down that end of London and that's where they are inducting them. When they fail this is obviously sign that another one has bitten the dust.

From what I know there's a lot of activity down round there for inducing people into London's cult cultures. And if you fail the consequences aren't very delightful.

Make of that what you may... but one day you might fall into the tests.

And the reason they are VHS copies is because this cult preys on those whom have read about monarch programming. Hoping they will respond to the programming they are being introduced to.

Whether they are real illuminati or masquerading and capitalizing on this stuff is another story. But E&C is where it's all happening.

DO NOT FAIL.
edit on 20-6-2014 by StarWarzRevealer because: add more info

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: StarWarzRevealer

you have definitely caught my interest. so the cult would use the video tape to signal to others successful or failed initiation attempts? so they would approach you to join the cult and give you some kind of series of tests? do you have any idea what kind of tests or what the initiation could be like? i'm assuming if you mentioned monarch programming that it would be some kind of trauma based initiation? i'm extremely interested to know more. you can private message me if you feel it would derail the thread or be off topic. but i think that your take on this story needs some thought.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: StarWarzRevealer
Cult of the VHS 80's Horror--I think my ex-girlfriend is involved with them??

If its the same group, these people are crazy in a not good way.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

What's a VHS ??!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
How on Earth have they come up with the idea about a portal to hell?

It even says they found a Toy Story video next to one too, which is clearly someone playing a prank.

Paranormal my a$$.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sharted

What's a VHS ??!

A Video Home System.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

What's a VHS ??!

A Video Home System.

aww isnt that just precious

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

What's a VHS ??!

A Video Home System.

Sarcasm doesn't work well online

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here is a useful link for you:

lunaticoutpost.com...

It's scary and I'm in deep.

a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Oh come on guys, London has the damn population of around 8,5 million (14 million Metro/Urban area)...so many of ATS users live in London I guess??!
Can somebody just go and check it out now?
I would if I could, but I can't anytime soon.
Don't be lazy Londoners!!!

I am really interested!

And don't forget to take some pictures as well!
edit on 20-6-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join