It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self Defense Map of the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
GunsSavesLives.net has a really awesome map you should know about.
Yep, this interactive map of the US that details each self-defense incident that they have been keeping track of (over 1,100 so far).

gunssavelives.net...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Do they consider that George Zimmerman's life was saved by the use of a gun?
Secondly, can we compare it to a map showing innocent people killed by the use of a gun?

I KNOW guns save lives. But with nothing to compare it to and nothing giving details, it's pretty useless, IMO.

One story reads, "Jogger shoots potential robbers"... Anyone on the path could be a potential robber. I'm not convinced a gun saved a life. Sounds like it took a life.
edit on 6/18/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Guns doesn't save people, people saves people

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Figures, looks like Rhode Island is the only state that didnt make the map.
I can see how this map would be taken good and bad though. It is rather vague without the whole case scenario to truly be able to judge it for what it is trying to represent.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Do they consider that George Zimmerman's life was saved by the use of a gun?
Secondly, can we compare it to a map showing innocent people killed by the use of a gun?

I KNOW guns save lives. But with nothing to compare it to and nothing giving details, it's pretty useless, IMO.

One story reads, "Jogger shoots potential robbers"... Anyone on the path could be a potential robber. I'm not convinced a gun saved a life. Sounds like it took a life.

It would be kind of hard to make a map like that. A hundred thousand people are injured or lose their lives to guns so a map showing this would virtually be nothing but one big blob.
edit on 18-6-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Add to that map, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, and a dozen others and show how many innocent lives were taken and destroy by us guns in us hands. Stop being so one sided.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever
Add to that map, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, and a dozen others and show how many innocent lives were taken and destroy by us guns in us hands. Stop being so one sided.

Oh please.. did you read the OP? Its not about Iraq, Syria, or Egypt. The OP is clearly about the US... how about we discuss the validity of the map as it relates to our current debate on firearms.. rather than getting all hysterical and derailing the original discussion point?

Ive seen this a lot lately and its really getting on my nerves...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I find it amusing that many people say things like "More guns will lead us back to the wild west!" Looks like the east has us beat on guns.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
One in Canada. Way to go neighbors up north!

top topics

join