It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Trey Gowdy’s Powerful Speech in Congress That Could Be a Defining Moment for America.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Jimmyx you are being completely ridiculous and absurd and this is why the country is so divided.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
the house DOES NOT MAKE LAW....the senate and the president have to sign off on it, also...why????....because that is what is written in the constitution....he wasted five minutes of congressional time on a "supposed bill" (stupid as it was) to make a point that the president needs to "step and fetch it"......let's face it.....white southerners such as trey gowdy hate the fact that Obama is president...to me he just another white racist.

What in God's name is wrong with you?

"Republicans oppose Democrats every chance they get. Therefore, all white republicans are racist". You're the only racist one I see.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: jimmyx

Typical response from you, let's play the race card.

Obama has wasted 6+ years of the Americans time because he hates white people.

See how stupid that sounds.

oh, i'm not playing any "card"...I'm just out and out calling the congressman a racist

....here's a sample of his ultra-conservative record........

Okay yeah lets see how the record reflects racism

Gowdy's voting record is very conservative, even by South Carolina Republican standards. In August 2011 during the 2011 United States debt ceiling crisis, Gowdy opposed Speaker John Boehner’s debt limit bill, and he voted against the final debt ceiling agreement.[18] He also opposed the 2011 defense authorization bill, citing concerns about the prospect of Americans being detained without trial on national security grounds.[19] In December 2010, he told Congressional Quarterly that he would only support a measure if its sponsor can demonstrate that the Constitution gives the government the power to act in a particular realm.[7]

Gowdy worked on the Committee on Judiciary, the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and the Committee on Education and the Workforce. Gowdy frequently speaks on the floor of the House on issues ranging from Fast and Furious to his support for the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act.

In 2012, he received the Defender of Economic Freedom award from the fiscally conservative 501(c)4 organization Club for Growth. The award is given to the members of Congress who have the year's highest ranking, according to the Club for Growth's metrics. Gowdy scored 97 out of 100, and was one of 34 congressmen given the award.[20]

An ardent social conservative, Gowdy considers himself "pro-life plus." He not only believes "in the sanctity of life," but argues that "the strategy should be broader than waiting for the Supreme Court to revisit Roe v. Wade."[21]

Trey Gowdy signed the Contract From America, which aims to "Defund, repeal and replace the recently passed government-run health care" (otherwise known as the Afforadable Care Act, ACA, or Obamacare.).[22][23]

he wants to set this country back 70 years

Where in the hell did it say anything about race or oppression against black people? Are you retarded? Serious question.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

What a grand display of ignorance from you.

You seem to think conservative republican = racism. Keep in mind there are black conservative republicans.

This is single handedly the most profound display of ignorance I have ever seen in my 4 years on ATS. Even more than "sex with dolphins isn't really that weird".

edit on 17-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
I particularly enjoyed reading another Salon article on the same page "Human-on-dolphin sex is not really that weird"

If enough people get into it, maybe they can form a special interest group and get the democrats to force America to tolerate them.

And since, according to TerryMcguire, "sex with dolphins isn't really that weird" is backed by science, democrats will get to accuse conservatives of being anti-science some more when they oppose it. I see a democratic political success story unfolding on the issue of sex with dolphins.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Getting past the attention grabbing nature of the title, the article actually goes into a bit of history of scientific experiments which involve animal sexuality. In this specific case it was a NASA funded trial where a female scientist lived in a house that was filled with enough water so that a dolphin could live there to. As part of the experiment she was tasked to allow a certain amount of leeway with what was termed the dolphins sensual behavior towards her, including manual stimulation of the dolphin. The article also is clear that though the action was sexual to the dolphin it in no way was for the female scientist.

Oh. Oh. Oh. SHew. Okay. I thought it was going to be something outrageous. Now I see that its backed by science, so it must be okay. Nothing to see here people. Getting dolphins aroused is perfectly okay. Science says so.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire
I'd make a longer reply but after reading your post I need a bath.

I need a dolphin.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

a reply to: whywhynot

So I replied to your post that I might further my insight as to the positioning of your replies on Gowdy as I could find no problem with the article on the dolphin that disturbed you so.

I'm willing to bet that the solitary star you received on this post was from jimmyx. lmao.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

What I think people find disgusting about that article of the woman and dolphin is the BEASTIALITY ANGLE. Its very off topic and should not had been mentioned at all in this thread period.

WHat does Salon have to do with Gowdy?

@truebrit.

Im sorry but are we suppossed to care what a non american says on american issues or politics? No disrespect but seriously? WHat has Gowdy Done SPECIFICALLY to YOU or to anyone except within the bounds of the law?

Thanks Yuppa.
Yes, I agree that the dolphin article was off topic and might have not been mentioned. However, whywhynot brought up the article as a point of dismissal for information information concerning Gowdy which had been introduced to the conversation by a previous poster.

As to the bestiality angle I can understand this also. Yuccky. However, in reading the article myself, I found no such angle accept for the innuendos offered up by other news organizations. The article headline seemed to be used by that poster by alluding to the disgusting nature of bestiality to denigrate Salon as a valid source of information about Gowdy. As the article pointed out that the actions were taken in accordance to scientific examination and in no way resembles bestiality other than in the minds of those who wanted to find it, the intent of my reply was to suggest that Salon not be discounted as an information source about Gowdy just because some might find bestiality where there is none.

As for me, I have just used the word bestiality way to many times and need to give it a rest.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

That's the same logic my mom uses. (My mom has dementia by the way)

"Damned Republicans!!!!!" "They're all racist!"

"WHy Mom. Why are they racist?"

"Because they hate Obama!""

"Well yeah, he's a democrat and they're republicans"

"Those crazy republicans and their damned guns!!!!! they're all crazy!!!"

"Why Mom, because they support guns and the second amendment? I own a gun too mom and support the second amendment."

"WHAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're not my son!"

No kidding that's a real conversation I had with my mom. Your post isn't much further off from that same type of logic. Don't like 'em....They must be racist....because.... ?????....because...just because OK!!!!!

I know a lot of people like this and they don't even have dementia. There is something wrong with people man. They live under rocks.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Its very off topic and should not had been mentioned at all in this thread period.

Dude quiet down. I'm enjoying this.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness
Those who are knocking Trey Gowdy's record or him it his message is what is important. His speech is expressing a trend of executive branch to gather more power. If you read what the founders wanted meant and designed you would realize he is right.

Do we really need an executive branch at all?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

What I found was not a sensationalist article but one which simply reported on a current news report. Unbiased

PLEASE.

www.salon.com...
Salon is a political liberal and progressive news website, with content updated each day.[1] Part of Salon Media Group (OTC

Link

Hardly Unbiased it is so desperate to keep from losing more million that they resort to sensationalist headlines. Sound like any other rags you know?

www.siliconbeat.com...

As I mentioned above, I had never read from Salon before. My reading of the dolphin article offered no indication to me of it being anything but unbiased report on a 50 year old science experiment.

Now though, I understand it has nothing to do with that article but rather with a published statement of poiltical positioning which is counter to your own. No argument there.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

As to the bestiality angle I can understand this also. Yuccky.

Yes. "Yuccky". I said the same thing..

lol

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Typical response from you, let's play the race card.

Obama has wasted 6+ years of the Americans time because he hates white people.

See how stupid that sounds.

oh, i'm not playing any "card"...I'm just out and out calling the congressman a racist....here's a sample of his ultra-conservative record........
Gowdy's voting record is very conservative, even by South Carolina Republican standards. In August 2011 during the 2011 United States debt ceiling crisis, Gowdy opposed Speaker John Boehner’s debt limit bill, and he voted against the final debt ceiling agreement.[18] He also opposed the 2011 defense authorization bill, citing concerns about the prospect of Americans being detained without trial on national security grounds.[19] In December 2010, he told Congressional Quarterly that he would only support a measure if its sponsor can demonstrate that the Constitution gives the government the power to act in a particular realm.[7]

Gowdy worked on the Committee on Judiciary, the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and the Committee on Education and the Workforce. Gowdy frequently speaks on the floor of the House on issues ranging from Fast and Furious to his support for the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act.

In 2012, he received the Defender of Economic Freedom award from the fiscally conservative 501(c)4 organization Club for Growth. The award is given to the members of Congress who have the year's highest ranking, according to the Club for Growth's metrics. Gowdy scored 97 out of 100, and was one of 34 congressmen given the award.[20]

An ardent social conservative, Gowdy considers himself "pro-life plus." He not only believes "in the sanctity of life," but argues that "the strategy should be broader than waiting for the Supreme Court to revisit Roe v. Wade."[21]

Trey Gowdy signed the Contract From America, which aims to "Defund, repeal and replace the recently passed government-run health care" (otherwise known as the Afforadable Care Act, ACA, or Obamacare.).[22][23]

he wants to set this country back 70 years
Apparently being a white conservative makes him racist (in your eyes) since there is nothing in your post that mentions race...

I'd vote for this guy for President...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well Smithjustinb.
Three dismissive replies in a row from you. I certainly seem to have AROUSED something in YOU.
That aside, one of the things I said was that the validity or non-validity of the dolphin issue really has no bearing on whether or not one should accept or dismiss Salons position on Gowdy.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Well Smithjustinb.
Three dismissive replies in a row from you. I certainly seem to have AROUSED something in YOU.

lol. I don't know who aroused me more. You or the dolphins.

That aside, one of the things I said was that the validity or non-validity of the dolphin issue really has no bearing on whether or not one should accept or dismiss Salons position on Gowdy.

You're wrong. A source of information that writes an article called, "sex with dolphins isn't really that weird", loses all credibility and authority to offer a respectable or accurate opinion on any further topic.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

What I found was not a sensationalist article but one which simply reported on a current news report. Unbiased

PLEASE.

www.salon.com...
Salon is a political liberal and progressive news website, with content updated each day.[1] Part of Salon Media Group (OTC

Link

Hardly Unbiased it is so desperate to keep from losing more million that they resort to sensationalist headlines. Sound like any other rags you know?

www.siliconbeat.com...

As I mentioned above, I had never read from Salon before. My reading of the dolphin article offered no indication to me of it being anything but unbiased report on a 50 year old science experiment.

Now though, I understand it has nothing to do with that article but rather with a published statement of poiltical positioning which is counter to your own. No argument there.

Its kind of frustrating to make a good reply when the facts are against you, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: yuppa

Trey Gowdy has not personally affronted me, in any fashion more extreme than does any politician, simply by being a politician. That affront however, is massive. I get pretty damned angry at my government here in the UK, because they screw me, and everyone I know. But the US government makes me angry because I care about people in general. I also care deeply about some of the wonderful members I have met here on ATS, and when another douche in a suit tries to gain himself some sort of backing by making the noises everyone wants to hear, I groan inwardly because I can SEE the bull crap for what it is, and I know some poor unfortunate persons are buying it. Every time that happens, it damages the lives of the people around here that I care about.

I find it sad that one of the better comments posted in this thread is disregarded and dismissed so hastily. It doesn't surprise me, in fact I see it all the time here and everywhere. It's required reading for West Point students to read Art of War, shame it wasn't so for all common people. But than, the tactics learned within may become watered down if we know how to counter act them.

Almost predictable though to find such a quick defense of ego and more interesting still to see how such a fundamentally simple concept is found wanting on the general population. So long as we continue to allow them to control us by dividing and pitting us against ourselves, we will never know true freedom and equality.

Your message isn't lost on some just as I hope mine isn't either. As an American, I take no offense from you or anyone sharing your thoughts on American politics or any topic for that matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I like reading your posts lately. They are well thought out and seem to be rather bluntly honest.
Keep it up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join