It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family is dead in America, greed and lust for power have destroyed it..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Family, Nuclear Family, whatever you want to call it,

ALL OF IT, has ALWAYS been flawed and messed up, because it was broken before it began.

Why people claim to know what is going on here on Earth or anywhere else within something they have been "told" and cannot actually prove, is the first and biggest problem.

Answer the question of what are we, first, and you will finally see why this even matters at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: the_philth
Yeah, I don't think greed and lust for power killed our family values... family values were obliterated by the modern feminists. Today's feminists misinterpreted what the bra-burning feminists back in the 60s were fighting for.

As for losing our way --- yeah, we lost our way when we killed off the indigenous people of this nation because they were in the way. That very second, when we decided it would be in our best interest to exterminate any obstacles to creating our great nation... that's when we lost our way!

Oh come on, you say that it was feminism and wiping out all the indigenous peoples that sealed the United States of America's fate (which has not come yet I might add)?

Are you serious, really?

You also say that greed has nothing to do with it as well?

Know what I think? I believe that stupid and greedy people have everything to do with it. ~$heopleNation
edit on 18-6-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
And bra burning feminists only representing rich white housewives that didn't have to work; did not represent the minority.

Nobody ever said that there is not enough space inside a padded room for two nutcases you know? Just saying.......

As far as wanting to put Women in brutal combat, If you don't fear being gang raped while in combat like you claim, maybe other strong willed Women do?

I think people who think like you need to get over hating the military, get over despising Men because of your own circumstances and choices.

Get over hating white Women, or I am sure just white people in general I bet yes? And finally, Get over hating yourself.

~$heopleNation

edit on 18-6-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: olaru12

In this technological age the family group/unit is obsolete. That is the reason it's breaking down...greed and power struggles have always been present even in families that aren't dysfunctional.

I've had friends who came from large extended families. The biggest problem was that in every personal decision that you wanted to make, every other family member wanted to have their own say on every issue and their own priorities on how any money you earned should be spent.

Suppose one of the young women in the family had a full-time job working in a store and was earning enough to attend evening classes as well as save up money, with the plan to take driving lessons and buy a car. Achieving those
goals would allow her to work as a midwife.

Oh no, the whole family has got to get involved; why does she need a car? If she needs to go anywhere, one of her brothers will drive her. Then if she doesn't have a car, then she doesn't need driving lessons right now. Then that money saved could help with Aunt Emertrudes medications, she's getting on a bit and could do with a new hearing aid - those aren't cheap, especially not the modern digital ones. And if she does put in another couple of months wages, that would help a bit with buying a new wheelchair as well. Suddenly, you're no longer working for yourself but essentially living as a slave. In the worst case, you end up having to pay for other relatives court fees, bail or gambling debts.

WOW what a post here. These are the sorts of situations where anyone that can produce and has any individuality and motivation better bail out of. Sounds like very poor parenting......to much collective thought without out collective production. We can lean on each other but one or two producers is not leaning its called Obama Care.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I wish we could get out of the white/ non-white issue.
Proverty has very much become and equal-opportunity patron! It doesn't see your skin color anymore. The race issue only serves to muddy the waters.
white or not
male or not
college graduate or not
and regardless of class
we are all now at risk that at one time or another proverty will knock on our door!
edit on 19-6-2014 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join