It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family is dead in America, greed and lust for power have destroyed it..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
To often I find myself being stabbed in the back by my own family, watching people around me get stabbed in the back. People are to busy pursuing their own goals and idea for success they are to busy lusting for power.

We've lost our way in America. No longer do we have a moral compass, we've lost what it means to take care of each other and our community and we have our blinders on full force.

It's happening now and the future is no bright for our children.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think greed and lust for power killed our family values... family values were obliterated by the modern feminists. Today's feminists misinterpreted what the bra-burning feminists back in the 60s were fighting for.

As for losing our way --- yeah, we lost our way when we killed off the indigenous people of this nation because they were in the way. That very second, when we decided it would be in our best interest to exterminate any obstacles to creating our great nation... that's when we lost our way!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Crappy family values are nothing new, read Hamlet...

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My sister has a monthly cash flow of 160k.
Her kids could come down with cancer and she would lecture them on how irresponsible they are while buying new windows for her new house.
She talked me into coming up where she lives to help remodel her new house while her husband gladly paid me a journeymans wage my sister decided one day I was to expensive at $25 an hour so she hired 6 college students at $15 that had no clue how to do anything.

I ageee, family is dead.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

We've lost our balance between Individualism and community. America has pushed the idea of Capitalism and Individual Achievement so hard while pushing against any idea of Compromise and Sharing to the point that an imbalance has now started to break away a stable foundation for us to continue.

Balance is always restored one way or the other and if we don't find something more stable besides the choice of "All for One" or "One for All" then there is some hard times ahead. We need to find a "Some for Some" or "Some for All" type of living so we don't keep having the problems you get when you keep having to Rise and Fall, Rise and Fall, etc. We need to plateau.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
Her kids could come down with cancer and she would lecture them on how irresponsible they are while buying new windows for her new house.
She talked me into coming up where she lives to help remodel her new house while her husband gladly paid me a journeymans wage my sister decided one day I was to expensive at $25 an hour so she hired 6 college students at $15 that had no clue how to do anything.

I ageee, family is dead.

I'm not sure that one example proves Family is Dead. But it certainly proves your Sister is a rag bitch! I hope you at least poured some glue in her hair or something before you left.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don't think it is as easy as blaming it on one thing.

I know people making 110k a year who would be the envy of every family.
I know another group making $41k a year who have the moral fabric of a band of rogues.
People are always looking for something to blame when a lot of it comes down to personal choice.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If people think crappy families are something new or Amrican your fooling yourselves. History is rife with famalies doing the very worst things to each from the dawn of recorded history.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
"For the love of money is the root of all evil" - 1 Timothy 6:10

I'm not a religious person by a longshot but occasionally I have to agree with certain wisdom the Bible provides

edit on 16/6/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Maybe if you live in the big cities but I see the opposite in the country.
I think where you are raised makes a big difference on families and not so much the money.

Money is not evil,people are.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well how low do you have to go to be considered bad?

My parents are about to split. Due to many reasons, but it boils down to power conflicts.

My brother and I are not on speaking terms due to... you guessed it, power conflicts.

We try to get together for special occasions, and there's about an 80% turnout on average.

Overall there is a constant feeling of need to lie/manipulate, and of being betrayed from one member to the next, and a good chunk of it is unconscious, but how much, is any one members guess.

Do I think my family is bad? No way.

There was no incest, no killings, no hardcore physical pain, no running off with the family fortune... nothing too terribly bad. Just human beings being a bit ridiculous in the face of various struggles over time. That's life. Get with it. The super-awesome times that never were, are never coming back, and will always not be, because they just weren't.

You want to see what crappy families are like. Look up some gore online. Plenty of messed up families out there that pimp out their kids, lock them up in basements, psychologically torture to the extreme, and blackmail them for all sorts of things. If you didn't get seriously abused as a child, your complaints are rather lame. Grow up.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I have noticed ,people who know the least adversity tend to be the most deluded. Sex feels good,kids do it ,here we are.No Daddies paying for their "fun" creating a welfare culture that spawns criminals and demands we give them their lives at the expense of ours,by incompetent laws and cowardly leaders who are bought and paid for.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I have to agree with everyone here; lots of factors have led up to this. I think a large part is that societal factors are making family members more like roomates. My parents have no interest and anything I speak about, because its not normal that a young woman wants to discuss world politics, conspiracies (read not theories, people), and human rights. The parents job is to work, and kids' job it school. That was a mantra at my house growing up. Its conditioning; its training to be a good little worker bee! And good luck discussing anything with my family about Awakening, anything spiritual or difficult (for some reason, this seems to include talking about Jesus, and I come from a "Christian" household). Gosh, just thinking about how much I have to self-edit around themmakes me sick...I have maybe 2 cousins in 30 who are on the same level.

As a womb-man, I agree that feminism turned into female-dominance. Equality was supposed to be the message but as we see, that got taken over as well! Most importantly, its the females who push this "women should run EVERYTHING" agenda...in the last year I've had a terrific falling out with my mother because of my decision to.....*dun dun duuuuun* raise my infant myself (I'm an all organic, homecookin hippy with a year and a half old kid, and serious reservations about society today). The kid is on a slow vaccine schedule, only eats organic, loves her dog, but because I don't work 40 hours a week, I have failed. Really. She thinks I'm a joke because I don't drop my kid of at 9 and pick her up at 5. She is very VERY concerned with money (my husband and I are pretty much preparing to not use money at all), although she's smart enough to refer to it as "security" and whatnot, while spending money and debt on things that only rich people give a s#!^ about. She also works for microsoft so I feel like nuff' said.

So if a woman is meant to be the sort of glue that holds a family together (not necessarily AT the home, but emotionally, and spiritually)...where does this leave us? Out of balance? In transition? And if so,what are we transitioning to? When I look at ladies my moms age, I see so much detachment from anything outside of themselves and the image they need to produce; can someone older enlighten us as to how this is (OR IS NOT) any different than before the women's lib movement?

I see so many women refusing to take ANY place in a home/family setting, because its "sexist" that a woman stays at home for ANY reason! I worked myself into a premature birth and a medically-induced coma during the final week of my pregnancy---but I am irresponsible, not the expectations I tried to meet?

I agree,family as a collective is going to hell in a hand-basket. Gotta focus on individual families. *Sigh* When you want to change the world, the micro-macrocosm issue can be so frustrating.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Better hurry ,they are working on making the ladies available for combat,due to RANK equality issues and the women that are demanding it,in our combat forces. We were essentually disassembled by an elaborate system

'QUIET WEAPONS FOR SILENT WARS"
is an ELABORATE treaties on how exactly they did it. If you want to introduce traditional values and spanking the system has a way of criminalizing that due to abuse by evil parents who wanted to harm instead of teach. Almost every aspect of a kids life is controlled ,watched and prepackaged so ,naturally< they turn to electronic media and then get programed with tech values. Not people values.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I've noticed that also. It is also destroying the unity of our country and communities. People at the top want the rest of society to respect them even though many have deceived their way to the top. There are probably even over a thousand different religions in this country, many of which perceive their way is better than other religions. I suppose it was the same way all along, with people long ago leaving their church to join a church with a bigger and more impressive cathedral.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: MrNeo

I ageee, family is dead.

I'm not sure that one example proves Family is Dead. But it certainly proves your Sister is a rag bitch! I hope you at least poured some glue in her hair or something before you left.

When I read that I had this nightmarish thought; What if someone poured glue into a shampoo bottle with some perfume, that would be just nasty.

Regardless, the "family" is on its last breaths and using life support. People can blame it on feminists or predatory capitalism or weak minds and values or whatever they want. It's like blaming politicians for our problems. You have to go the source, in the case of politicians, it's their handlers in the multinationals and international banking sectors. With the family, as far as I am concerned it's a long term psyop probably introduced by the same people that run the politicians, except they are using Hegel and Marxist concepts put forward in communist manifestos. That's why there are rabid feminists, there is predatory capitalism and the whole system has gone to hell.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Actually, the need to conserve resources and make wise decisions with the money available SHOULD lead to the return of the nuclear family (father, mother, children) remaining together for a longer period of time.

Notice I said should...and of course, this includes everyone coming together on the roles each play, responsibilities within the unit, etc...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The Op has pointed out that the family is dead in America, that greed and lust has destroyed it. The op also has pointed out a bit of a personal history.

But there are a few other things that are missing from the discussion.

One of the things that is seen and sadly lacking is personal responsibility. It is easy to say my life stinks, I had a bad childhood, and my siblings did this or that to me. Yet that is just an excuse, it does not matter what your parents do to you, or your brothers or sisters, or family. The only one responsible for your actions is you. And you see it a lot in the news, society and court cases.

People suing or complaining that fast food makes them fat, yet no one ever stops and thinks that maybe no one forced a person to eat that hamburger, get the extra-large size or serving. No one thinks that there is a correlation between what goes in and what happens to the body. Yet everyone knows that fast food is not so healthy. The same goes for smoking any other item that people have been told and warned about, from the first day of school to adulthood, such is bad, yet people make a choice. And this has been going on for years, starting back in the 1950’s with the baby boomers.

The next issue is that parents are not allowed to be parents. Spank a child and if someone sees or the child complains, the parent gets into trouble. Children lie, when combined with an over eager investigator, tends to create a nightmare situation. Point in case would be the Kern County case, where it was a case of prosecutor misconduct and where the children were prompted to lie about what had happened.

But there is something else and that is a change in society and mindset. Once it was consider being a great social scandal for a woman to have a child out of wedlock, without so much as having a husband involved. Yet there number of children having children has steadily increased. Combined with single parents, where the mother has 2 or more children by more than one father, or men who go out and indiscriminately have children without considering the ramifications of their actions.

You see it when say a child commits a crime and what do the family and friends say? It isn’t their fault, they are a victim.

If you want to change the country, the first is that people have to stop lying to themselves, they need to start admitting the truth about who they are and what is going on. That would be a big step.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm going to take a second stab at this.

First, compared to when?

I realize most don't read history, and are stuck with what is told from those who remain alive. So I'll stick to the first half of the 20th century.

The families are smaller in number. Less kids are produced. It's OK to divorce, and not seen as a social shame. It's OK to raise a kid alone. It's OK to have sex with strangers, one-nite stands, and whomever else in most people's eyes.

There was a lot more energy coming each successive decade until the 1970's, when the US hit peak energy per capita. This increase in energy allowed culture to expand. People choose things differently. Women's movement seemed to start with good intentions, and now has been hijacked by various other interests and front-ran by what seems to be feminazis. We are programmed to not have kids during most fertile part of life, instead to go to college, so use contraceptives, and then wonder why so many women are on antidepressants?! Common sense is dead.

You ever seen sand on a paper reorganizing to different shapes depending on the frequency of the sound which influences it? I think of the combining factors relating to social structure as having the same effect. We break apart, reform new groupings, hate the future, love the past, or vice versa depending on age, upbringing, and innate tendencies.

Now things frequency has changed, and the reorganizations are happening rather quickly. As mentioned above, the energy is becoming less as we go forward. Don't let total energy production fool you, the amount available to the economy (net; less the amount needed to sustain the energy supply and keep the ever increasing propaganda flowing), is less each year for about the last decade.

I think of the decriminalization that happened in Portugal last decade. An initial minor, yet sharp spike, to return to a baseline slightly lower than before. So I think we're seeing this initial spike of more chaos in the nucleus of social structure, ie the family, but it may actually lead to a little more stability as the months and years pass and energy becomes more scarce.

How much this factor weighs, when considering the many others at play, is yet to be seen. Another thing I failed to mention in my prior post about bad families, was drug addicts in the fam. There's always been drugs, but the amount of designer drugs is just nuts, and they are novel in our species history. I think we're more addicted now as a nation, from the sum total of legal and illegal drugs, than perhaps any other time in our history. We've had lots of drunks, and morphine freaks, but you see more people on something to ease the pain/depression now than not. Not sure it's ever been than high of a number.
edit on 16-6-2014 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

I am guessing your sister has money that makes her money? If not, if you don't mind me asking, what does she do for a living?

As to firing you and hiring some college kids, that is just horrible. I can't imagine any of my family members doing that. Did she at least offer to pay you less and keep you on? Or is $15/hr just not worth it for you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join