It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary: You know, the American political system is the most brutal in the world

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: beezzer

it isn't such a recent event.

But it used to be politicians doing it. Now,everyone with a keyboard is in on it, parroting the stuff their favorite talking heads said earlier that day, or the night before.

The discussion will never yield a change of opinion. It is just name calling, and repeating the same stuff over and over again until the next news cycle begins with something else to start the cycle all over again with.

Isn't it ironic, that when we are at the cusp of losing even more freedoms, our voices (as obnoxious as they are) are being heard?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Our voices are being heard repeating what is said on TV, which is a circulation of talking points.

Its our voice, reading from their script.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Our voices are being heard repeating what is said on TV, which is a circulation of talking points.

Its our voice, reading from their script.

I'd like to think that I'm a wee bit more original in my thinking than that.

But who knows.

Maybe we're all being manipulated. Except for the really smart folks. . . .

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If this is what the Republicans have to complain about with Hillary...I think they have already lost the election.

How very pathetic...such a non-issue with over 2 years from the election.

I think it is purely fear, and if Republicans have this much fear this far out, Hillary has already won.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

If this is what the Republicans have to complain about with Hillary...I think they have already lost the election.

I think it is purely fear, and if Republicans have this much fear this far out, Hillary has already won.

Actually there are plenty of bonehead moves by Clinton to keep ATS filled with threads for years.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I have not read the whole thread , but as soon as I saw this on arrival at ATS, I just had to comment.
Thanks Hillary for sticking up for Julia and A HUGE THANKS for showing words that lift all of us up and
hopefully inspire better behaviour .

1%

I don't know much about American politics , In that moment , I felt and saw something , that's all guys lol
edit on 17-6-2014 by my1percent because: (no reason given)[/editby

As for brute force , is that part of staying on top?
edit on 17-6-2014 by my1percent because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Hillary is just a dumb political hack.

She doesn't have the sense god gave a piss-ant!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

She might be right. Only in America can a small sentence like this lead to someone making an issue out of a non-issue.

Kind of my thoughts, too.

I think her political opponents are purposefully ignoring context. I can't stand the woman....but she is right in the context she is intending.

But,but,but,but:

What difference does it make ?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You think it's Only Republicans Complaining About Hilary?
You need to get out more
!

AEI Senior Fellow Karlyn Bowman and I set out to find an answer. We reviewed around 5,000 poll questions about Hillary Clinton, going back to 1992, when she first appeared on the national scene and the first poll questions were asked about here. Our findings make up the latest AEI Public Opinion Study, “Public Opinion on Hillary Clinton, 1992-2014.”
Here are the biggest takeaways from our study:
· Hillary Clinton has received consistently high ratings from the public throughout her career. In each of the positions she has held—First Lady, U.S. Senator, and Secretary of State—most Americans have viewed her favorably.
· Although she’s had to deal with a few controversies at various points in her career (such as Whitewater), bad news just hasn’t seemed to stick to her for any length of time, certainly not long enough to do long-term political damage to her.
· What are Hillary Clinton’s biggest weaknesses? According to the polls, those weaknesses come in the areas of honesty and a willingness to say what people want to hear in order to get ahead.
Click here to read the full study. Before you read what Hillary Clinton has to say, read what the American people have to say about her.

Link
OH! There's this, The Clinton News Network, Poll. (CNN) For you youngsters.

Our poll suggests that Democrats may not be so enthusiastic about a Clinton 2016 victory. Forty-one percent of Democrats questioned said they would be enthusiastic if Clinton wins the nomination, with 42% saying they would be satisfied. One in 10 said they'd be dissatisfied and 5% said they would be upset. To look at it another way, only four out of 10 Democrats say they'd be excited to have Clinton as their party's presidential nominee.

One note though. The 41% who said they would be enthusiastic about Clinton as the nominee is slightly higher than it was in most CNN polling during her run for the 2008 nomination.

CNN Poll

edit on 17-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Its almost impossible to be a whole lot more original. The topic of discussion is manufactured in most cases, such as this.

The dialogue is determined by media. We talk about, as a nation, what's "in the news". I guess another way to put it is reality seems to be shrouded in compound ignorance. And I think that ignorance has its footing in the fact that media screams more loudly. Just look at ATS. People will trash a thread on sources, not on substance. They control the dialogue.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Its almost impossible to be a whole lot more original. The topic of discussion is manufactured in most cases, such as this.

The dialogue is determined by media. We talk about, as a nation, what's "in the news". I guess another way to put it is reality seems to be shrouded in compound ignorance. And I think that ignorance has its footing in the fact that media screams more loudly. Just look at ATS. People will trash a thread on sources, not on substance. They control the dialogue.

Then we have no-one to blame but ourselves.

We have abdicated so much responsibility to others, that many are happy to cede responsibility and authority over their own lives.

We NEED to stop the obfuscation, the misdirection here on ATS and in the real world.

Because if we can't stop it here or there, then we will have lost.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

In the poll you site, why do you only focus on the "enthusiastic" number and ignore the "satisfied"? If you combine those, then you have 83% polled that are enthusiastic or satisfied if she is the nomination.

I dare you to find a consensus like that for any GOP candidate.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Hillary is just a dumb political hack.

She doesn't have the sense god gave a piss-ant!

I think you insult piss-ants.

I think a gnat's fart has more going for it than her knowledge and awareness.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join