It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ threatening to take boy from parents - for twirling a pencil in class

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It should require a passport to enter or leave some states. New Jersey is one of them.

Talk about big brother on steroids from hell. Keep that nonsense out there! Middle America wants none of it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I've had an aversion for such states for decades. The globalist march to hell has only made them worse.

Sigh.

BTW, you have a PM with a question about my attachment thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

New Jersey. Another state I have given up on long ago.

I am not surprised. Its like an east coast southern California....

EDIT TO ADD:
I just noticed the other posts, I guess I am not the only one...LOL
edit on 6 12 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i graduated high school in 1992. We would, in the group of kids i ran around with, sometimes show up to school with our guns in our cars. We'd leave them there while in school, then would meet up at a classmates ranch to shoot. One guy once hit a power line trying to shoot a sparrow off of it. Knocked out power to 3 other ranches and some oilfield equipment.

Some kids (with trucks) would just carry their rifles in the back window.

We all carried pocket knives to school every day. My son still does, actually. And his leatherman tool (to use in his trades classes as a convenience).

When i hear the over reacting about guns punishments given to kids in the last couple of years, it pisses me off. I feel like i am living in some bizarro world where the US is run by mob rule, not constitutional law that is mindful of individual liberty.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The exact same here BFFT. When I went to high school we would carry our shotguns to school if we were going hunting that day and absences were always excused if it was the first day of deer season, turkey season, etc. Matter of fact when I took FFA, we all had to take and pass a standard gun safety course. When I was in ROTC, we got to shoot M-16's tucked in fox holes. Can you imagine that happening now??

Nobody batted an eyelash at the guns or the pocket knives (just like you said), you could also smoke in between classes. A lot of stuff was allowed back then, that is frowned upon or would get you labeled a domestic terrorist these days. Funny thing is... Schools were a lot less violent back then when there was more access to more lethal weapons.

That speaks volumes to gun control amongst other things IMO.

It would have never crossed our minds that someone would ever go get their loaded gun out of the parking lot and open fire on us.

Sad days...

edit on 6/12/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
How the heck do you twirl a pencil like a gun? Unless the kid was pointing it at other people shouting "Bang bang" you would have to have an over active imagination to see it.

I think the child who reported (quite bizarre that) "twirling like a gun " was probably refering to the gun twirl that cowboys do before puttin their gun in their holster. That's the only way I can imagine twirling like a gun ...Which of course is not refering to something dangerous, it's just an image comparaison, but I guess the CPS don't understand stuff like that, I would probably say twirling like a propeller me...

This is totally ridiculous ! I think the teachers like their more imginative, free thinking pupils on medication to make sure they are not bothered in any kind of way ...
edit on 12-6-2014 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
More proof the patients are running the asylum! To think of all the games we played during school like; cops & robbers, and we had cap guns that they sold at the corner store and it was fine because it was just kids being kids. It's just unbelievable how weird society if getting, on one side you have an abundance of violence based entertainment through video games and much more violence on TV and then the idiots going overboard if a kid sneezes.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
And I can imagine how the "reporting" went down :

Teacher goes to see little timmy at his desk

Teacher : Hi timmy how are you doing ? Tell me what was you friend over there doing during class ?

Little timmy : I don't know he was twirling his pencil.

Teacher : Twirling his pencil ?

Little timmy : Yeah twirling his pencil, you know like a gun.

edit on 12-6-2014 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I have a question for everyone who has replied so far :

" do you believe you have all the facts of the case and have responded rationally" ?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

I have a question for everyone who has replied so far :

" do you believe you have all the facts of the case and have responded rationally" ?

I believe I have. If the child was twirling the pencil 7 ways from Sunday, as long as he wasn't naked... there really isn't anything about it traumatic enough to constitute the reaction it was given IMO. Seriously.

If he was twirling it "like a gun", do you think that warrants requests for psychiatric evaluations? How many of us would have needed psychiatric evaluations by the time we were 5? I highly doubt that he was taking hostages, making ransom demands, and making "pow" noises while twirling his pencil in the air and THAT DIDN'T make the news. If it had happened anywhere close to that example (in their judgement) the MSM would have headlined the story all night long.

I'm truly not trying to be argumentative here. I do honestly feel that the whole system is getting a little out of control with this nonsense.

In short he could have been full on acting like it was a gun and I wouldn't think that should be met with requests for psychiatric evaluations and threats of removing the child from the parent's custody. Kids do still play. Just because a few decide to go ape shiite... it doesn't mean fun should be outlawed all together. Again... That's only my opinion. Obviously those higher up do not share it.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I f someone, anyone, government, fed, state, Dr. I don't care who, threatened to take my child for some non issue like this, it would be the last threat they ever made on this plain of existence.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I actually used to have a teacher who was like a pen twirling pro, if there is such a thing. He could twirl that pen like nothing I've ever seen, it was super awesome actually. I often practiced just so I could become as good as him. He'd like move it through his fingers as he twirled and it would seem to glide across his hand, you'd have to see it and try it to appreciate how much skill it took. Anyway let me get back on topic.

Sadly this isn't the only case of school authorities going full retard:
5th Grader Suspended for Imaginary Weapon
UK School Bans Triangular Flapjacks

The flapjack one had me laughing for a long time. Anyone who hasn't seen that thread should read through the first few pages, it has some classic jokes and puns, really golden material. This pencil twirling business though... wow, it probably beats the above two threads on the retard scale. I remember I got caught with a pocket knife at school once... got a slap on the wrist and got my knife sent back to me. These days they'd probably call in the SWAT team on me.
edit on 12/6/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I think, they were just over reacting. This can cause some emotional stress of problem to the kid. They should first let the child on counseling or some activities. Some tests can do to see if the child is alright or experiencing some emotional problems.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Wow..... If i or rather my folks where called out for every incident of me getting into some minor bother and or running round with a pencil gun making pew pew noises... i think i would have been in 10 familys by now and imprisoned all my parents.

Just ludicrous.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
How many truly needy children are being neglected for some politically motivated social worker to act like an idiot ??

How do you spin a pencil like a gun ?????

You are thinking about a regular gun..... think pencil gun.

Pencil guns are those ones that are scary yellow with eraser hiders and 30 round bullet clips... you know, a ghost gun.

Twirling a pencil like a gun! Oy! Nothing is a reach for the gungrabbers.

edit on b000000302014-06-12T07:04:35-05:0007America/ChicagoThu, 12 Jun 2014 07:04:35 -0500700000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You read stuff like this...and yet.......

People STILL want schools to be more involved in programs directed at our kids.......

They STILL advocate for things like Common Core, and other programs to teach our kids "how to live"

How can anyone in their right mind still advocate for the schools to be more involved in our kids lives, when things like this happen?

Its ridiculous what the school is doing, but its also ridiculous that a student was the one "slighted" by the pencil twirling, i mean really? What kind of thought processes are we letting society teach our children.....

Part of it is the "if you see something say something" mentality, pitting us against each other they have started pushing on the kids.......

Theres a difference between reporting things you should, and just being a walking camera for the Police State...

if I would have tattled on a kid for twirling his pencil like a gun in school my teacher would have thrown an eraser at my head in the hopes of knocking some common sense into me.....

This is out of control and rapidly getting worse....

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is overreaction to the overreactions to all the mass shootings going. Since the media BEATS these shootings to death in the news, only for Obama and co. to jump on and start talking about gun control and stuff. It's only natural that schools will go overboard in dealing with the "g-word". It is getting beyond ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
"Twirling a pencil like a gun", how is that done. It is loaded with lead...

NJ, run by Christie, figures. I doubt we have even seen how stupid these situations can get yet. The twirler claimer needs remedial everything.

BREAKING: Kid mows down classmates with pencil. Second pencil found in pocket."

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
its funny this only happens in america.

I mean, in Canada, gun is uncommon, but a kid would never get criticized for such acts, he probably can even bring a toy gun to school and shoot at people lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

when we missed the first day of deer season, we would be excused with "buck fever".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join