It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigrants are truly destroying the construction industry nationwide, sorry Mexicans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

LEGAL immigrants are welcome. the fence or DMZ is there for the ILL LEGAL ones who are invading the country. Now IF you totally STOP immigration yeah THATS a totalitarian regime. I never said that i just said the ILLEGALS. after the first couple of hundred they will stop trying to come across im sure.

@ th e poster who thinks tresspassing dont equal death. Try running the gate at Area 51 and resist or attempt to elude them.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
And they won't kill even then lol, unless I was trying to cause them bodily harm. Been through many military bases gates, understand how it works.
But I fail to see how thay has to do with anything.

I asked the question does trespassing equal death, seems your answer is yes.
But that was already painfully obvious by your first post.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Start crowd-funded communitty banks and get your economy rolling ,then you will want new families coming in.

Who says you need traditional banks to kick-start the economy.

We all know that if houses are built using the minimum wage as the average then things will work out,so start community banks and dont screw each other over by charging interest or ten times what labor is worth.

Make the loans short term and just keep crowd funding and use the banks instead of the other way around.

DO NOT BUILD WHERE THE POWERS THAT BE SAY,refuse to endorse their growth plans,do not let them limit you,relocate the people close to the resources and make your country thrive again.

Start a National Crusade because this is what it will take.

Empower yourselves.

Then together you can make things work.

It is the Globally run banks and corrupt local officials and corrupt laws designed to hinder independant growth that are your enemy not the Mexicans.

The Mexicans are actually your allys if you think about it they are experts at operating underground economys,the enemy of my enemy is my friend and last time I checked there werent many Global Bankers befriending regular Mexicans or regular Americans .

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: 23432

LEGAL immigrants are welcome. the fence or DMZ is there for the ILL LEGAL ones who are invading the country. Now IF you totally STOP immigration yeah THATS a totalitarian regime. I never said that i just said the ILLEGALS. after the first couple of hundred they will stop trying to come across im sure.

@ th e poster who thinks tresspassing dont equal death. Try running the gate at Area 51 and resist or attempt to elude them.

I appreciate the sentiment , i really do .

however is there a country in existence which has achieved what you are asking ?

wouldn't it be better to have a world in which the jobs are plenty and optional to take ?

I myself think that the world with borders are bad for all humans .

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kdyam

Dressing provocatively isn't legal everywhere. Further, the point isn't whether it is legal or not. The point is that the companies are to blame. They are the end point. They actually HIRE the employees. Immigrants aren't forcefully stealing jobs. It takes two to tango. llegal Immigrants are obviously a necessary half to this whole issue... But the other necessary half is a company willing to break the law to hire illegals. Nobody is forced to hire cheap, illegal labor.

Don't put the blame SOLELY on immigrants. If companies stopped hiring cheap illegal labor this whole issue would resolve.

I have yet to hear a good argument as to why illegal immigrants deserve the hate and blame anymore than the companies.
edit on 7-6-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: onequestion

The problem is the people that hire them not the Mexicans.

Sorry but you do sound like a racist considering that you left out a bunch of other undocumented nationalities that work in the construction industry.

Is Mexican a race? funny question

it is a nationality

a HUGE percent of the immigrants in construction ARE FROM MEXICO> have YOU been in construction for the last 15 years? if not, you are ignorant to what has happened

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Despite everything immigrants (legal and illegal) have contributed to this nation in its history, they will always be blamed for the woes of society and its downfall. Generation-to-generation (guess which ethnicity is taking the brunt this generation,) it hasn't changed. Leads me to believe there is something else going on besides "they took our jobs."

I suppose it's those darned foreigners' faults for our outsourced manufacturing etc. as well.

the european immigrants from last century CONTRIBUTED. the current immigrants ARE THIRD WORLDERS. and LITTER EVERYWHERE>

The construction industry has been DEMOLISHED by illegal immgrants and many times they SABOTAGE the Americans so they get fired and create openings for their own family/friends/people.

Outsourcing of jobs in manufacturing is DIFFERENT than internal construction jobs, AND what it does is EXACERBATE the jobs problems when the out of work manufacturing people would have taken the construction jobs the immigrants steal.
when there are massive outsourcing of jobs, bringing in immigrants is A.) not needed, and B.) MAKES THE PROBLEMS WORSE for the people that belong here

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I live in the south in GA, a welfare state, Is been many studies done on the impact of immigration specially from the south of the border on the Economy of the US for the last few decades since Reagan last immigration reform and amnesty.

The phenomenon is call importing poverty, that is why nothing is done to stop the immigration problem and the open border are so encouraged, because it benefits corporate America at the expenses of the working class

Who needs to increase minimum wage when is ten immigrants to one American citizen for a job.

This problem is what one of the main causes of the decline of wages in the US.

Then government claim that amnesty is the solution, but what the government is not telling is that more than half of all those that will qualify for amnesty will fall within the welfare and will need government assistance.

We already have a record growing welfare recipients in the nation.

USA Immigration Problems
www.mapsofworld.com...

Importing Poverty to the U.S.
economyincrisis.org...

Center for immigration reform, Ten Questions on the Obama Administration's Release of Criminal Aliens
cis.org...

The Fiscal Cost of Unlawful Immigrants and Amnesty to the U.S. Taxpayer
www.heritage.org...

Importing Poverty: Immigration and Poverty in the United States: A Book of Charts
www.heritage.org...

edit on 7-6-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

No need to cry.

The problem lies with the company not the workers.

And yes I spent 20+ years in the labor force.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Ha ha ha,go to Canada and refuse an illegal verbal command from any Law Enforcement officer and see where you end up,dont forget the policy of escalating violence which they endorse that can end in lethal force being used on you.A policy that interestingly enough can START with something as simple as taking one more step or verbally not complying when they have no reason or intention of arresting you and you are not suspected of any crime ,that means if you do not PLANT YOUR FEET ASAP or if you tell them to screw off EVEN IF YOU ARE INNOCENT OF ANY CRIME AND JUST WALKED OUT OF YOUR CHURCH you COULD end up very dead.Once you are deemed non-compliant the SOP kicks in and they initiate the sequence of escalating violence to force your immediate compliance.

And no you cannot sue them if they Taze you or mess you up and they do not even charge you,Canadian Court Systems are exactly as crooked as American ones,in fact much worse because Americans litigate more on average and this makes a big difference.

I am not talking about criminals here,i am talking about regular people who are minding their own business and simply do not wish to aid or talk to law enforcement.

Wait till you get to ride the Maple Leaf Express, this is when you do not comply to a verbal command and they immediatly Tase you to teach you a lesson,once you are on the ground and convulsing uncontrollably they ask you if you want the ride to go faster by saying more verbal commands,things like "stop moving' "remain still" you know verbal commands you CANNOT POSSIBLY comply with because electricity is coursing through your body trying to cook you alive from the inside out.---- recall what happens if you do not immediatly comply to a verbal command---- REMEMBER now all you need to do to get them to make the ride go faster is NOT COMPLY TO ANOTHER VERBAL COMMAND just like the ones they are tossing at you as you twist on the ground,then they will kick the Taser up a notch or two and see if that will make you comply and stop moving,ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha seriously when you see this happen you really get stunned pardon the pun because the first thing your minds says is how the hades is that person on the ground going to "stop moving" or "remain still" the Police are making him do the chicken with 20000 volts sparking through his testicles?? And why does the Policeman keep cranking that electric chair up all the time? Thats is when you learn first hand what the good olde Maple Leaf Express is.

By the way it is illegal to give a command to a Canadian citisen as a law enforcement officer when there is no suspicion of the person having comitted a crime or intention to detain and arrest,all other dynamics require a Citizen Request to be made,one which CAN be denied.

Of course they toss in the old law which they dont promote to the public much and no one really knows about that says you must carry ID with you at all times so you can identify yourself to police at all times,and of course if you do not have ID you are non-compliant and can be detained until identified.I am not sure but this one smells like a Community By-Law requiring you to carry ID which lets them abbrogate Federal law which likely says you may walk unimpeded in Canada sans ID without being illegally stopped or detined or in any way punished.In court the By-Law enforcement would be dropped because the Federal Law would trump it and the Crown would decline to proceed based on no chance of overturning Federal Laws with Community By-Laws,they KNOW they will lose in court when they use artificially created BY-LAWS to subvert Federal Laws but they STILL make and enforce the By-laws so that police may stop and question anyone at any time and be able to abbrogate that persons Canadian Rights using force up to and possibly including death.

One way or another you ARE STOPPING FOR THEM and god help you if you have miffed them off and they discover you have no ID on you and you refuse to be stopped or detained illegally as your Federal rights dictate they are in the process of doing and you then become non-compliant,you might catch a ride on the Maple Leaf Express,ha ha ha.

Never mind running the gate at Area 51, the real danger is in Canada if you run the gates at a Tim Hortons Coffee Shop and butt in line,you just might find yourself aboard the Maple Leaf Express with the speed controller stuck on high.

edit on 7-6-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Hey I work in a couple of construction firms - we're paying SKILLED Immagrants $24 - $33 dollars an hour just like we pay homegrown workers.

Looks like to you need to increase your skill level. Sounds like you're doing what amounts to day labor - and it may, may, be the case that your claim is correct for that skill level.

It is a lot more expensive to cover less skilled workers with WC then skilled and experienced ones.
edit on 7-6-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

(post by HanzHenry removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Just one more reason to never visit canada. Sheesh talk about papers please! and they call american law enforcement bad.

Anyway there are some times where tresspass equal death. Burglary opens you up to death for tresspass. So since they are committing a felony by crossing illegally there is no legal recourse for them or their family if they get shot.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's happening all over the globe not just in the US

It's nothing more than an attempt to drive down the costs of labour in order to compete with other nations

The Classic.. Rich get richer and the poor het #ed over and screwed

The problem is not the employers the problem is people through the whole system all the way from top to bottom wanting more profit

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Hey I work in a couple of construction firms - we're paying SKILLED Immagrants $24 - $33 dollars an hour just like we pay homegrown workers. Looks like to need to increase your skill level. Sounds like you're doing what amounts to day labor - and it may, may, be the case that your claim is correct for that skill level. It is a lot more expensive to cover less skilled workers with WC then skilled and experienced ones.

an immigrant should NEVER make more than minimum wage, and an American should NEVER work for less than one or work under one. utterly DISGUSTING. pay them what they would make in Mexico.

Their ancestors did not build America up, their ancestors didnt die fighting for America. they should NEVER be allowed here. Companies should always pay an American more than an immigrant.

Maybe after a hundred years in country they should qualify for a PORTION of the respect of an American whose family has been here for HUNDREDS of years.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
It's happening all over the globe not just in the US

It's nothing more than an attempt to drive down the costs of labour in order to compete with other nations

The Classic.. Rich get richer and the poor het #ed over and screwed

the rich are the ones hiring them and using Immigration as a means to weaken the society and dilute the people. That takes away bargaining power and cohesiveness.

Also, since the downturn, the rich use immigrants as a means to not suffer a massive lowering in quality of life, by shoving the lower quality of life on everyone else.

America will continue to implode, along with every other civilized first world 'white' nation, we get a lower quality of society while the third worlders lives improve. disgusting,. i would rather they stayed poor and starving than to come make my country into a Mexico, where few have it all and the rest have nothing.

The rich have done this immigration push to basically shut off the UPWARD MOBILITY LADDER and have built a wall and moat around it.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanzHenry
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Wow bro you have some hate in you.

I see more Mexicans trying to live the American dream and it's a shame that a lot of Americans lost that vision.
edit on Sat Jun 7 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

an immigrant should NEVER make more than minimum wage, and an American should NEVER work for less than one or work under one. utterly DISGUSTING. pay them what they would make in Mexico.

Their ancestors did not build America up, their ancestors didnt die fighting for America. they should NEVER be allowed here. Companies should always pay an American more than an immigrant.

Maybe after a hundred years in country they should qualify for a PORTION of the respect of an American whose family has been here for HUNDREDS of years.

Where I work the immigrants speak 2 languages and generally have a Bachelors of Science, they deserve to be paid fairly. We don't get paid better because of where we were born, it's all about qualification, experience and knowledge.

Claiming they should be paid less because of their ancestors or your anger is ridiculous...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: HanzHenry

No need to cry.

The problem lies with the company not the workers.

And yes I spent 20+ years in the labor force.

labor force as in construction?
The companies often are not American owned or ran, therefore their allegiance is to maximize profits at American's expense. they have no loyalty to the American worker.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Hey I work in a couple of construction firms - we're paying SKILLED Immagrants $24 - $33 dollars an hour just like we pay homegrown workers. Looks like to need to increase your skill level. Sounds like you're doing what amounts to day labor - and it may, may, be the case that your claim is correct for that skill level. It is a lot more expensive to cover less skilled workers with WC then skilled and experienced ones.

sorry if this is too personal ; what if you were to become an immigrant ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join