It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Get out of EU,' ex-French PM Rocard tells Britain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Juncker has refused to answer questions about his Presidency stating

"I don't give interviews".

www.bbc.co.uk...

At a time when people are demanding more transparency from their governments and elected officials Juncker openly admits to lying, clearly states that he prefers to do most government business behind closed doors in 'secret meetings' and was instrumental in setting up the process by which the Troika enforced severe austerity cuts on Greece and other southern European nations.

This is the man who it looks more and more likely Angela Merkel is going to give her full support to in the election of the next President of the European Commission.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
When I was employed I had to account for

# my time
# my expenses
# my results (or lack of them)

To the company who paid my salary

The Eurocrat's account to no one, seem to have a job for life
bloated salaries .... unending expenses .... golden pensions ...
and NO ACCOUNTABILITY

We don't need them we had a proud solvent nation prior to the EU.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yes, and it is not only the eurocrats sadly, a relative of mine worked for the chief executive of a council in the north west of England and for her sake I will not say which (he was a nice guy and they were friends nothing more), the chief executive and the other council boss' took weekly flights to london and from friday to sunday night they then stayed at a spar for massage, colonic therapy and all the thing's the ultra rich people usually treat themselves too all at the expense of the council tax payer's.
Remember how you used to see street cleaners in the 1980's every week cleaning the footpaths in there yellow three weeled vehicles and how there was always gritting of the roads if the temperature fell to 5 above freezing so that the road's were alway's passable, how the slightest broken flagstone was repaired within a month and street lighting was maintained regardless of cost, they have more money now due to DEVOLUTION and council tax but they use it how THEY SEE FIT which is usually on themselves, I say bring back centralized government when the local authority's had to present a valid and provable expenses claim every year to the treasury auditor's as it did put a cap on how much corruption in the local authority's could help itself too.
On a personal note I used to work for a japanese company called Sanko Gosei UK ltd and on two occasions when I was abroad for them, once in holland and once in japan (especially in japan) my colleagues filled out bogus expense claims only for when I handed in my actuall and not false expense claim to then have the office here in the uk look at me like I had two head's as I had actually been honest (as I am and intend alway's to be) and as though it was unnatural or I was stupid or something, and we wonder why our nation went to the dog's.

edit on 6-6-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

My blood boils and I have to watch my blood pressure (LOL!) when I

read those type of things. The small area I live in has a fb page for

the residents information - to know what's going on in the village.

For the last two years they have been asking for donations and volunteers

to plant up the summer flower beds, prior to this the village had

constantly won "The Britain in Bloom" award.

The last two years the greens have not been mown (except around the

edges) and the village has looked like a 'war zone' the official stance has

been it is to attract 'butterflies and wild life!!' LOL ... LOL!!!

Last year I asked for the councils trees encroaching my home to be cut

back and they refused, however two neighbours had letters put through

their letterboxes telling them to cut back trees in their gardens! (one law

for them and another for us?) That's my current 'rant; but I could go on and

on and on ....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
England should reconquer the territory it lost on the continent (2/3rds of France) and "call it a day" in Europe.

Seriously, Europeans should either commit to a multicultural society where they can't have their own way on all issues or they should stay independant. Not all European countries CAN do this. The UK can. The "sceptered isle" has been in the doghouse with Europe before, on more than one occasion, and things have come to blows. Nobody should be in doubt of the resolve of the British People. Britain is also tied to a world wide network of military and commercial partners.

I wonder if fear of losing the European banking trade is what keeps the UK in the EU.
edit on 6-6-2014 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Nobody should be in doubt of the resolve of the British People.

Indeed.
We are at our best when our backs are against the wall - and that is exactly how more and more people are beginning to feel.
That steely, ice cold resolve runs true to this day.

Britain is also tied to a world wide network of military and commercial partners.

There are ties that bind us to our loyal and steadfast cousins in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and yes, even the USA that go far beyond what we will ever have with continental Europe.

I wonder if fear of losing the European banking trade is what keeps the UK in the EU.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me.
That and other facets of the globalist agenda.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I believe we should go it alone without the EU, we are remembering now the sacrifice our forefathers made on D-Day to preserve our way of life. I do not want to be told by unelected beaurocrats in Brussels what I can and can't do, the British people should decide their own destiny and create their own laws. We are approching a critical time in Britain's history, we must guard against the propaganda that Europe and the main parties throw at us(remember Ireland). The EU was set up as a common market for better trade between countries, that has not worked out too well and now greater integration is needed to make the system work. Full integration has to come in the near future as there are too many variables for growth in the present system, this brings more authoritarian control from Brussels and there would be nothing Britain could do about it if we decided to go all in.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
There is something sinister in the whole EU. What is in the idea to get more EU members ( ex warsaw pact countries ) to join this union when there is nothing economically rewarding and this makes all countries which were standing on their own pedestals strongly before weaker, now they all suffering debt and economical meltdown . Is there any other reasons than expanding EU borders closer and closer to Russia and by that making NATO stronger.

Yeah we all should get out of EU.. there is no point being a member

All the jobs are taken abroad ( even traditional brands which we believe are domestic ) and rest of the jobs given to people with minimum wage. Unemployment has increased with goverment debt.

If there is someone against getting out of EU its the big companies ( they are getting more out of EU than contributing to it )

The EU works like a Ponzi scheme, they need more and more countries to join, in order to pay off the ones already invested.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I see the point with some humour but remember we in britain or england as I should say were really a germano celtic country until the french normans invaded us, the seat of the ENGLISH royalty was the duchy of normandy so in effect they were french nobles and it was france or at least french ruling us, indeed we would speak a more german like tongue today except that for 450 years the anglo saxons were slaves to there norman overlord's and had there language, culture and traditions suppressed, indeed the noble class only spoke norman french, it was only after this period that the remant of English survived but we speak a hybrid tongue today.
Colour is the same in french,
All is klaar is in english All is clear with near the same meaning, Bread is a germanic word and even today if you could see the ethnic britains prior to the last 60 years of immigration you would see quite different people's, norfolk and suffolk though heavily normanised were ethnic saxon (they married the local british woman we found from DNA analysis) and up in yorkshire and lancashire you would see ethnic danes.
Though we are an island I truly think once the illusion of britishness is removed we don't really know what we are and are tied by a shared identity and language but within our country the culture changes from north to south (or did when we had one).
(of course the normans themselves were of french viking mixed origin).
edit on 7-6-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Oh please let it be true.

Most UK people dont want to be in the EU anyway, HUGE drain on us, Germany is in a similar position.

I hope we get kicked out, we didnt want the euro and our pound is fine, screw the EU, i like Europeans just fine but the EU is a mess and was a disaster from the start.

Could also replace EU with Nato and it make sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

The better alternative would be to scale back the EU to the economic power house of Germany, Holland (best food in the world for taste ah frit sauce), France, Italy and britain plus any other western nations that wanted to tag along.
The SHTF only when the eatern european nations started draining the EU resources and the free movemet of workers allowed there impoverished young people to destabilize our job's markets and what was a cozy financially powerfull little club has gotten too large and too fractious for us with the destabilizing influence of eastern europe being poured into our country's and for some reason especially britain.
What should have been done though it is too late and the policy was made by greedy little men was to only allow those nations member status once there living standard's and per capita earnings reached a high enough level but to all partian status and allow our industrys to have invested there so long as they kept there employement level in western europe and did not sacrifice our job's for cheap labour, but when were they ethical.

edit on 7-6-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Most UK people dont want to be in the EU anyway, HUGE drain on us, Germany is in a similar position.
I hope we get kicked out, we didnt want the euro and our pound is fine, screw the EU, i like Europeans just fine but the EU is a mess and was a disaster from the start.

We should leave with dignity .... Not wait to be kicked out

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Biigs

We should leave with dignity .... Not wait to be kicked out

the only reason we join and havnt left is the EU lovers getting in our way just enough to stop everything.

If we need to be kicked out to leave, so be it.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
wow very informative

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The E.U. like other globalization agendas, enriches a small cabal of elites at the expense of everyone else. It is so good to see that people everywhere are finally waking up to the whole "free trade" globalization con game. Its a MAJOR facet of why there is the worst income disparity the world has ever seen in the western countries. When enough people finally realize that is IS just a con to funnel money to the global 1 percent, things will change. Its inevitable.
edit on 7-6-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
If we were to leave the EU without ridding ourselves of the corrupted government that exploits us all, the fatcat financiers that have dreamt this whole scheming mess up would punish us, the normal people that managed to delay their grand plan.

We need a cultural revolution in this country and throughout the world, of love, sharing, forgiveness and cooperation.

The EU is a disgusting pile of crap, its only purpose is to centralise power to enable them even easier access to our money and collective efforts - the way they waste money like it's going out of fashion is sick, especially with all of the people going hungry around the world.

And I just can't stand any of them, self proclaimed leaders - that includes the British government, and I fear Farrage will be corrupted if he isn't already.

I mean look at the world, look at the inhumanity between race's and even within races.

Forgive us.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Back to the OP.

The political Euro-supporting classes are in a bit of a panic in France and perhaps looking for a scapegoat to blame for their own mistakes. Why? Well, the Euro elections in France showed a significant protest against the EU. I suppose you could ask whether this is a blip - well perhaps not because support for the EU in France is now lower than it is in the UK, if some sources are to be believed.

The old guard French politicos are in a panic. Blame the Brits. Everyone else does!

I am not personally anti-EU. In fact I don't want the UK to leave. What I want is for the EU to be changed and the creep towards a super-state to be reversed.

Regards

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It seems Cameron, and by extension the UK, are becoming increasingly marginalised in its opposition to Juncker being named EU commission President.
And to be fair to Cameron he seems to have considerable support in his stance from the UK with all major parties supporting him and the majority of the electorate.

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...

Juncker wants closer EU political union - the UK wants less.

If he is appointed then surely the UK needs to decide for itself as soon as possible which direction it wants to take.
The options appear pretty clear.....
Political union with the EU.
Withdrawal from the EU whilst retaining a Free Trade Agreement with it.
Complete withdrawal from the EU.

It has to be the British people who decide who governs them, we can not allow the political elites and the faceless Civil Servants and bankers etc make this decision for us.
edit on 13/6/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
It seems Cameron, and by extension the UK, are becoming increasingly marginalised in its opposition to Juncker being named EU commission President.
And to be fair to Cameron he seems to have considerable support in his stance from the UK with all major parties supporting him and the majority of the electorate.

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...

Juncker wants closer EU political union - the UK wants less.

If he is appointed then surely the UK needs to decide for itself as soon as possible which direction it wants to take.
The options appear pretty clear.....
Political union with the EU.
Withdrawal from the EU whilst retaining a Free Trade Agreement with it.
Complete withdrawal from the EU.

It has to be the British people who decide who governs them, we can not allow the political elites and the faceless Civil Servants and bankers etc make this decision for us.

When you think about it ... What influence, or say, does any other country
including Britain have in the EU?

It appears that the French people (judging by their recent election results)
are beginning to feel the same way.

It doesn't feel like a 'Union' of countries more like a 'dictatorship' with Germany
calling all the shots.

The 'fat cats' of Europe with their bloated salaries and expenses are doing
all right but what of the man in the street and unemployed in Greece, Italy
Spain, Portugal etc?? Our economy has been bad enough I dread to think what
it would have been like if our currency had been the euro .....

The total waste of money ( they have neither been audited or balanced the
books since the inception of the EU) and the monthly? movement between
Brussels and Strasburg is a 'pantomime'. Good policies and decisions can be
arrived at in a simple office building, there is no need for that opulent
extravagance.

Its time the British found their 'backbone.' The recent "70th anniversary
of the D Day landings" should have brought back our pride in who we are
and that many fought and died for us to live 'FREE' Not for us to
end up as puppets to the very nation we fought for this freedom.

You're right "It has to be the British people who decide who governs them"
So Mr Cameron give us a referendum NOW

Rule Britannia (www.know-britain.com...) Britannia rules the waves
Britain's never, never never will be slaves

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just one question to all citizens of the UK - how is the UK / the EU situation different from Scotland / the UK?

(I mean at least for outsider like me who don't feel very well local feelings, there is an impression, that those both cases are somewhat similar - in both cases there seem to be a belief: "let's leave the federation and suddenly all our problems are solved". I mean it's especially interesting because the same UK gov would suddenly would have to become competent and responsive to local needs after being freed from the EU influence, while Scots seem to have failed to see that advantages of the UK gov.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join