It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie photograph I took, analysis needed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Indeed mate, and thats why I brought it here.

I am well aware of "ghost" artifacts on long exposure photos. I love taking long exposures of water, to get that silky smooth effect. Never before on any of my long exposure shots, have i had any artifacts. In the one or two I did have an artifact, It was usually a moving bush or branch, but thats on purpose shot like that.

This one is different, I would have definately notice someone or something wandering into my shot. If you take into account the shots preceding this one, and following it, then the "object" would have been in those too, or at least a little part of it.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Need that EXIF data. Judging by the sea this is a long exposure. Looks unmistakably like a person who stood there for a little while before moving off.

They wouldn't appear in the other frames as they would have moved out of shot.

They only show up where they were stood fairly still. They could have moved out of shot BEFORE the end of this frame.

edit on 3-6-2014 by Rob48 because: In water not on rock

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

The water there would be about 1 meter deep.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Based on your knowledge of the place in question, would a person stood on top of the rock appear that height? I find it hard to get a sense of scale.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a clear silhuete of a man/boy.

That other thing to me also looks like an ostrich. Somebody already pointed it out.

This is no exposure effect. The area in question is above the water...I'm pretty sure the OP would have noticed anyone being there.

Awesome photo OP....

I would say ghosts...obviously

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48
Looks to me like the figure is on the rock, not in the water.

Need that EXIF data. Judging by the sea this is a long exposure. Looks unmistakably like a person who stood on the rock for a little while before moving off.

They wouldn't appear in the other frames as they would have moved out of shot.

They only show up where they were stood fairly still. They could have moved out of shot BEFORE the end of this frame.

No mystery here.

It is a long exposure mate. That is no mystery. No offence meant, but honestly, if someone stood in my frame, while taking the shot, I would have noticed it. There was no one there. For whats it worth, that is my word.
I am not trying to make something more of this than it is, but, a person in the frame, that could have been there and then not, well that was not the case.
For me its trying to figure out what it could be, but your explanation it certainly isn't.
VVV

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

Based on your knowledge of the place in question, would a person stood on top of the rock appear that height? I find it hard to get a sense of scale.

If I had to use myself as scale. I am 6'4, if I stood in the water, where that artifact is, My head would be just about level with the rock directly left to it.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Could it be one figure on the left looking out to the sea but walking carrying a box behind it with another figure facing the same way holding the box in front of it.

The pic below i have put in what i think can be seen in black and in red the parts too faded to tell, but is my speculation of what would be if the image was clearer.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Looking at the photo reveals to me that there appears to be some wave wash around the feet of the body shape. I am no expert so perhaps others may look at this and agree/disagree. But if it is wave wash then the object would surely be solid???

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I am well aware of "ghost" artifacts on long exposure photos. I love taking long exposures of water, to get that silky smooth effect. Never before on any of my long exposure shots, have i had any artifacts. In the one or two I did have an artifact, It was usually a moving bush or branch, but thats on purpose shot like that.

This one is different, I would have definately notice someone or something wandering into my shot. If you take into account the shots preceding this one, and following it, then the "object" would have been in those too, or at least a little part of it.

vvv

Images like that can be created by long exposures. And the other photos don't preclude the possibility of a figure or figures entering the frame during that exposure. (Although they do help your narrative.) Nor can we be entirely sure that you forgot or didn't notice a figure entering the frame during that exposure.

However, simply because an effect could be created by a long exposure doesn't mean it was.

You might look into deaths or drownings on that beach. That could make your evidence more compelling. Especially if the individuals could be shown to match your figures in some way.

Again, thanks for sharing the photo.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
And if it was indeed a solid object, I would have seen it, and it would have showed up in the other two pics.
maybe the whole pic is just a combination of shadows, light, water, creating an illusion of something there.

But i don';t know, and any explanation is better than none at this point.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

vvv

Images like that can be created by long exposures. And the other photos don't preclude the possibility of a figure or figures entering the frame during that exposure. (Although they do help your narrative.) Nor can we be entirely sure that you forgot or didn't notice a figure entering the frame during that exposure.

However, simply because an effect could be created by a long exposure doesn't mean it was.

You might look into deaths or drownings on that beach. That could make your evidence more compelling. Especially if the individuals could be shown to match your figures in some way.

Again, thanks for sharing the photo.

Thank you mate. And thank you for your input, I do appreciate it. You know, that is a good idea. Maybe I should look into that. If anyone else would like to look into it, this is the information regarding the area.

Its called Leentjiesklip, Wilderness beach, Western Cape, South Africa.

vvv

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

True, great set of shots all the same. As I said, I'm no expert just trying to help. I believe you with regards nothing else present and the wash could be just a shadow effect.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

And if it was indeed a solid object, I would have seen it, and it would have showed up in the other two pics.
maybe the whole pic is just a combination of shadows, light, water, creating an illusion of something there.

But i don';t know, and any explanation is better than none at this point.

vvv

Fair enough, but it really does look like the outline of a person, who has stood in two slightly different places during the exposure. You can see the head, arms, legs, hands, and I really struggle to think of any combination of shadows etc that could create that shape.

If I saw the photo without hearing the back story then I would undoubtedly say: neat ghost effect from a time exposure.

If you are sure there was nobody there then, well, no idea.
edit on 3-6-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Could it be one figure on the left looking out to the sea but walking carrying a box behind it with another figure facing the same way holding the box in front of it.

The pic below i have put in what i think can be seen in black and in red the parts too faded to tell, but is my speculation of what would be if the image was clearer.

Or one person who stood in one spot, then bent and reached down, and then stood up straight a bit further to the left?

(On closer inspection I think the figure is in the water and not on top of the rock as I first thought it might be)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
IMO one guy, moving during parts of the exposure, possibly with a surf-board under his arm ...

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep At first i saw 3 people, one on the left is adult male wearing knickerbockers, and two children carrying a chest. Then on the recolour im seeing one male spirit and his echo, vibrations.
Very cool.
Love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 3/6/14 by Whateva69 because: more

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

That's a cool photo. My eyes can make out two people with an object in-between them both, almost like they're both carrying the same object.

edit on 3-6-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Looks like a swarm of insects to me. Or a camera anomoly.
edit on 3/6/2014 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: engvbany
IMO one guy, moving during parts of the exposure, possibly with a surf-board under his arm ...

Nice enhancement. Even wearing board shorts by the look of it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join