It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eerie photograph I took, analysis needed.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Interesting pic.

Looks like a person with his llama. Or a big cat of some sort.

At least its not your usual overexposure type image.

Nice. Intriguing.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

OK now I can see that. more or less.
But the arm of the leaning over image looks like a leg. so now I see 5 legs all with the same pants/shorts on.
and theoretically an earthly person could easily do those motions on 4 seconds.
But why didn't VVV see anyone?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I see two persons. The left one is looking to the left, the other is standing and looking(?) straight to the photographer.

Have you been alone out there to take pictures?

edit on 3 6 2014 by BRDAKUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: horseplay
a reply to: Rob48

OK now I can see that. more or less.
But the arm of the leaning over image looks like a leg. so now I see 5 legs all with the same pants/shorts on.
and theoretically an earthly person could easily do those motions on 4 seconds.
But why didn't VVV see anyone?

Yeah you could be right with the leg - looks like it could be one leg raised up at an angle and then placed down where the person ends up at the left side.

And yes, that's the mystery - why didn't he see anyone there? I still think it might just be faulty memory. I very much doubt the beach was totally deserted: this photo was apparently taken around sunset on a Saturday evening in late summer, and it's a beach that is backed by houses, not right out in the middle of nowhere.

The photo was taken in the red circle, as far as I can tell.
edit on 3-6-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

This is pretty good.

By the way, even if the rest of that "sport" amazingly looks like a human figure, even with details like arms, shirt etc... the HEAD looks too big. Unless the guy has a really, really big 'fro or some sort of helmet/halo.

Aside from that, I don't know what to think. Either a very elaborate hoax (including EXIF faking etc.) but i don't think this applies here....or an amazing example of paradoilia.
On the other hand, I can't see why a digital camera would produce such a smudge/artifact..if it were I would want my money back because something is wrong with the camera.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Looks like the place definitely has surf potential.

I'm sticking to phantom surfers who lost their lives during a big swell in the days of old.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Great photo - thanks so much for bringing it here.

I found a recent news story that gave me chills in light of this photograph.

This story is dated March 2, 2014 - so just days before your picture was taken! The missing/drowned man was just 21 years old.

source: www.enca.com...

note: there is a video with this too, at the link

WILDERNESS BEACH, Western Cape - The National Sea Rescue Institute's spokesperson Craig Lambinon says a search is under way for 21-year-old man who went missing at Wilderness Beach.

"Two men, both from Ireland, got out of the water without assistance. Both were taken to hospital for secondary drowning, but a local man from Wilderness, a 21 year-old remains missing.

"And it sparked an extensive search up till now, no sign of the man has been found. The NSR Wilderness and a police dive unit are at the scene at the moment continuing with the search of the 21-year-old local Wilderness man," said NSRI spokesperson Craig Lambinon.

There have been past drownings too, like a story here (
source: www.iol.co.za...) posted April 2010. But I find the above story most compelling to be linked with your photo. As far as I can tell, his body still hasn't been recovered.

edit on 3-6-2014 by VegHead because: for clarity

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I see a body with two legs that fade away before reaching the rocks. I don't see a head on the body.

Also, I see an arm by the side of the figure on the left with the hand over top of the thigh. It appears to have the other arm going behind it's back. It appears to be facing the camera, IMO.

Great capture!! S&F!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed

originally posted by: Rob48

This is pretty good.

By the way, even if the rest of that "sport" amazingly looks like a human figure, even with details like arms, shirt etc... the HEAD looks too big. Unless the guy has a really, really big 'fro or some sort of helmet/halo.

It looks like adolescent proportions to me. Or those of a swimmer. Narrow shoulders, long slim neck and torso, a larger than normal head; and, perhaps not a 'fro, but a generous mop of wavy or curly hair.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
my first thought is: statues at easter island.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Here is a crop of the artifact in question.

vvv

Okay, I posted previously before seeing this one. This is much clearer. I see the figure in front facing the ocean and looking out over the water. He is standing with feet in water.
I can't make out what's behind him, but I'm guessing another figure. I do see something that looks like legs there.

Maybe your camera picked up some residual energy? Can cameras do that?
If not, then I think you have captured a ghost.

edit on 6/3/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
Great photo - thanks so much for bringing it here.

I found a recent news story that gave me chills in light of this photograph.

This story is dated March 2, 2014 - so just days before your picture was taken! The missing/drowned man was just 21 years old.

source: www.enca.com...

note: there is a video with this too, at the link

WILDERNESS BEACH, Western Cape - The National Sea Rescue Institute's spokesperson Craig Lambinon says a search is under way for 21-year-old man who went missing at Wilderness Beach.

"Two men, both from Ireland, got out of the water without assistance. Both were taken to hospital for secondary drowning, but a local man from Wilderness, a 21 year-old remains missing.

"And it sparked an extensive search up till now, no sign of the man has been found. The NSR Wilderness and a police dive unit are at the scene at the moment continuing with the search of the 21-year-old local Wilderness man," said NSRI spokesperson Craig Lambinon.

There have been past drownings too, like a story here (
source: www.iol.co.za...) posted April 2010. But I find the above story most compelling to be linked with your photo. As far as I can tell, his body still hasn't been recovered.

Strange after reading that post it becomes obvious to me it is 3 figures one on the left looking out to sea, the middle figure with his arms around the other 2 facing out to sea , head down as if he's really holding on to them, figure on the rights head is tilted slightly down but you can see where the middle figures arm goes round the guys neck resting on his shoulder
edit on 3.6.2014 by Scotscorps84 because: 3 figues sorry

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Scotscorps84

This image is intriguing...can anyone explain why the water is an orange-ish colour at the bottom, but fades out to a pale yellow and into blue? I think this is shallow water, and that's sand or stones we can see.

The only reason I'm unsure is obviously some type of colour adjustment/filter has been used here, and I'm unfamiliar with such concepts, having little to no experience manipulating images in such a way.

So, if the orange tint is the result of some intentionally applied effect then I apologise, if not then why the dark orange fading out into lighter yellows before eventual blue? That screams low tide and a rather shallow incline, look how far back it goes before the greens and blues of what I'd expect is deeper water kick in...way above ()further out) than where the figures feet would be.

I like the photo, still...those rocks look odd, took me a minute to figure out what the initial picture was, not because it's a bad image - far from it, it's great. Just odd rocks, at first glance it looked like a heap of rough, brown material or something.

Starred and flagged anyway, regardless of the outcome one of the more enjoyable threads I've read on ATS recently, and lot's of constructive input from others.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Yes, this image is enhanced with filters, the original taken by the OP is on the first page.

To the OP. It really is an intriguing picture though. Very interesting, Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
OMG it's the figure of a man.

Rebel 5

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What I saw first was a portion of a face, a large face, with the right portion (of the face...lpic) eft in the mostly "cut off", and the left showing. Eye sockets, nose, etc. Zooming in, I can see the standing figure, that is at the side of the "face", with something behind it.

So, any time delay on the pic? Do you have other exposures that show as far to the right of the rock formation as does this one? Only other thing I can think of is someone standing in a way that they reflected off the lens enough to cause the effect, while not actually being in the shot.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Yeah, I saw those. Nice pics.

But what's the explanation for the varying colours shown in the enhanced image? It looks like the water is shallow in the foreground and getting deeper towards the back...can the colours in the enhanced image be used to determine the depth of the water...or does the fact that the image is enhanced at all mean that the colours serve no purpose in this regard?

It just appears shallow at the front, I don't want to dispute the OP or make bold claims as I've seen the user contribute to past threads, doesn't seem the type who would intentionally hoax...but it does look shallow at the front so I'm trying to rule that out.

Thanks for the response, very quick it was too.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Just because I see a lack of thanks to Rob48 for his (in my opinion) spot on debunking of this photo I thought I'd chime in. So thanks Rob!

It was carefully and skillfully explained, and he did so being very respectful of VVV. That is quite a skill of tact in my eyes. Also, I will add that not only do I think Rob is spot on - in support of VVV I will say that when behind the camera it's very tricky to concentrate on getting everything setup right (framed, stand, settings, exposure - pre-delay etc.) that the brain can make simple mistakes like not noticing a few seconds when some doofus ruins a great photo.

Also, it's right in the middle of a shoot, so it's certainly a possibility that by this stage concentration levels will be dropped slightly.

So hopefully VVV an experienced photographer, will take some time to mull over everything Rob has explained and also note that our brains are not perfect at the best of times. Also, I don't think VVV has deliberately tried to fool ATS. But I do think think it's an honest and explainable mistake.

(If I could hand out applause to you Rob48, you would have a few for your work in this thread!) /endbuttkiss
edit on 3-6-2014 by Qumulys because: Wow, I had some terrible grammar even by my normal lacking skills,so I had to fix some sentences.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: samerulesapply

Yes, I see what you mean about the depth, but I'm not really sure about how the filter works, but maybe it's just picking up lighting differences and therefore making the water look like it's at a different depth. I do trust the OP though, having seen their previous contributions to ATS, I don't think they would BS about anything, so I'll take their word that the water was the depth they say it was.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I must agree that Rob48 has come up with the best and most thorough as well as plausible explanation. That said, it does not make it fact. There is only a very plausible and reasonable explanation. There is also the possibility that nobody was there and the camera caught something else.

There is no method of determining fact here, only evidence and personal judgement of said evidence. There is also no evidence that the OP is pushing an intentional ruse, so I will leave it at that.

Great digging Rob and nice pic OP.
edit on 3-6-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join