It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Home Remedies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

looks like we won't have a vaccine against the new bird flu in time, and commercial anti-virals don't work. So it's back to the basics, and old home remedies. Many are proven to work.

1. Snort salt-water before you go out to cut exposure. (I doubt you really need a "jet nebulizer.")

www.atsnn.com...
Simply spraying a saline solution into the nose using a device called a jet nebulizer, has been found by U.S./ and German researchers to cut the amount of germ bearing droplets in the nose by as much as 70 percent.

2. Tea Tree oil - an anti-viral antibiotic used by the military before penicillin came along. May not be 100% - but it's good.

3. dh says, "The homeopathic remedies Arsenicum and Gelsemium defeated the 1918 flu pandemic in those so treated, while the orthodoxically treated fell in droves."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

4. Echinacea is good to bump up the immune system - but must be stopped if infection occurs.

More anyone?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
yes, the salt method is good

drink a lot of water, because your body must detoxify.

Prevent: 1. For the cold season..don�t heat so much, it damp your immune system
2. When you take a shower, stosh your legs with ice cold water (after the normal shower procedure) This one temper you very well!! (tested!) "KneippCur" or "Kneipp Kur"

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I made cough syrup from elderberries I picked with 100 proof vodka and the stuff in elderberries is to help flu and related bronchial afflictions.

I knew a doctor who told me a shot of whiskey was the best thing when you're feeling like you're coming down with something!

If you can find a sauna, drink a bunch of water and sweat out all the toxins. If not, bundle up in blankets and sweat it out.

Drink clear fluids and avoid all dairy products which produce mucous and cause congestion.

Watch funny tv shows and avoid all negativity.

And get a flu shot if possible.

apc

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This has been my experience in defeating most viral infections (seasonal colds and the flu):

High dosage Vitamin C to lower the bloods Ph (make acidic). Makes the blood uninhabitable.

High temperatures. Crank the thermostat and bundle up till practically dripping sweat, and continue. This practice is based off the body's natural reaction, a fever. The increased temperature breaks down the protein layer of the invaders allowing the immune system's own antibodies to take action. However if internal temperature reaches dangerous levels (above 102degF) , this should be discontinued immediately and followed with a cool bath.

A shot or two of vodka. I would assume any high proof alcohol would do, for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Isnt Garlic good too?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Mulled mead is another good remedy
The warm honey-based drink soothes the throat and boosts the body's energy.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
A few spoonfulls of mustard powder in you bath is good,

for sore thoats butter ball rolled in suger also helps cough

A vit C drink a day does wonders

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I use tea tree oil all the time, it helps with a lot of things.

When I'm sick, with cold or flu I'll drink copious amounts of tea and it really helps me. No sweetener, no milk or cream.
Also, no matter how #ty I'm feeling I make a point of getting up and moving around some. i find it helps a lot.

top topics

join