It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran Montel Williams blast Obama over West Point speech

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

no doubt. when you're active duty, you lose many of your human rights and particularly where it comes to the chain of command. president is the top of the food chain.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Exactly, and while looking at the military, it makes sense. You can't have some idiot questioning a sergeant's orders when he tells you to duck, you just do it. But at the same time, you also as a lower ranked person have to be able to keep your mouth shut in situations like in the OP. The most protest the cadets could do was what they did, not clap and applaud.

Many civilians don't realize that soldiers are governed by an ENTIRELY different rule of law then civilians are (called the UCMJ). While most rules and regulations mirror their civilian counterparts, the penalties or what the rules and regulations oversee might vary some. Not to mention there are rules and regulations that exist (and can wind you up in jail if violated) that don't exist in the civilian world as well.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i was reading montel's blog and it was quite interesting. he keeps repeating, like a mantra, that this is not a political issue and he wants every vet involved in the push, to disengage from political debates on the topic. he's got a point. vets are from just about every political party, and the issues involved are not of a political nature but a life and death nature.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

It's not you.

You did your bit. You served. Answered that call. It's those of us who've never served a single day in uniform, or who've blithely allowed Obama and those just like him to ignore, or in many cases to belittle, you, and not raised even an eyebrow, much less a finger to stop them.

It's me, and those like me. It's my shame, not yours.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
West Point is ALL ABOUT:

DUTY

HONOR

COUNTRY

Above all else.

Things the current Potus knows jacksnip about.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is another example of the elite whores like Obama...

I know what you are getting at, but this part above from your post I just had to point out...

Obama is not an elite or part of the elite. He is a product of the elite, he is a tool! The difference between the elite and the elite's tools is this ---- you dont see the elite. They are the decision-makers and are absent of the public eye/criticism. Tools like Obama are only the messengers.

Elite's whore - yes!
Elite whore - no.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

And this is the whole problem in a nutshell. You are the problem Buster...

Mr. Williams says something that needed to be said, he works his butt off helping people but because he is a little to conservative for you you just dismiss him...... But yet your Left wing hero Jon Stewart says the same thing and it's gospel.

Let's not worry about the issues or problems but instead keep those damn lines drawn in the sand and the most important thing is we keep fighting each other while the world rots around us!

Pathetic.

It's not an Obama problem alone, every president for close to a hundred years is to blame.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I got no problem with what you say.
But elite is relative of course. He is elite compared to people I know who are poor… and I mean poor, including myself.

Of course, you are right; he is a little whore below the big super whores of the earth like the pigs that will be at Bilderbergers.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

Peace brother, don’t let this get you down.
We will win in the end for justice, peace and freedom because the truth is on the side of the right.
When people are messed up like these veterans we all have to take a stand and do what’s right

We have to do things peaceful and lawful not like them

Peace and truth will win

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Poor,Montel he's just learning what politicians have always thought of their troops.They are expendable assets nothing more.The fact that there are still people out there who still get all choked up whenever they hear some empty suit wax poetic about "our fighting men and women." is amazing to me.
edit on 093131p://4726 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I wonder how many people who are mad about the VA didn't care when it was civilians getting killed by insurance companies rationing healthcare? Why is it only veterans should have workable healthcare?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This issue is particularly irksome to me because I know people that work at the VA. They work tirelessly for terrible pay but more and more veterans are passing into the pipeline due to both Iraq Wars and the war in Afghanistan. Budgetary constraints have minimized the number of new employees, so you have 1 person doing the job of 10 people, and more and more red tape is added so that you can't actually get treatment for a vet approved without having three or four people review and sign off on it. For every single treatment. For every single vet. It's a huge bureaucratic sinkhole that's absolutely the fault of every congressman who refuses to increase funding, and managers that add more and more red tape to cover their own asses. It's been that way since Obama took office... and since Bush took office.

And yet Obama was right to not address it here. When you have to opportunity to face people who may very well be making the tactical and strategic decisions in the future, you should absolutely impress upon them the importance of NOT creating another situation like this. IE, severely limiting the use of military might. Would anyone really have wanted to hear another canned apology that does absolutely nothing to help the veterans? Action is necessary, but Obama won't get anything done, just like Bush didn't get anything done. Why? Because a massive restructuring of the VA would take more money than politicians would be able to stomach. Oh, and Congress doesn't want to do anything to help this administration ever. Then there's the economics of doctors to patients, which is a whole other problem facing America in general, but veterans especially. There simply aren't enough docs, and the ones we do have are dangerously overworked.

We must absolutely prevent this from ever happening again.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
a reply to: buster2010

And this is the whole problem in a nutshell. You are the problem Buster...

Mr. Williams says something that needed to be said, he works his butt off helping people but because he is a little to conservative for you you just dismiss him...... But yet your Left wing hero Jon Stewart says the same thing and it's gospel.

Let's not worry about the issues or problems but instead keep those damn lines drawn in the sand and the most important thing is we keep fighting each other while the world rots around us!

Pathetic.

It's not an Obama problem alone, every president for close to a hundred years is to blame.

Well all that misery and discontent has to be spouted forth some where.

It's a shame that place is here.

Pathetic indeed!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
He should apologize for the pain he caused these families? Yes, because Obama keeps tabs on what is going on at all of these hospitals. It is not his job. Every problem is not the fault of Obama. How many other politicians are there in this country whom tasks are delegated to? But he is the only one to blame right? Apologizing would have been nice, but it is not required in this instance. At least not from him personally.
edit on 5/30/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Sparky63
a reply to: Metallicus

Too bad the cadets didn't all stand in unison and turn their back to Obama. That would have sent a powerful message that even the lame stream media lapdogs couldn't ignore. The time for respecting this known liar is over. IMHO

Unfortunately that is a violation of UCMJ and the entire graduating class could be disciplined or prosecuted for disrespecting a commanding officer. You don't have freedom of speech in the military, especially when it comes to your opinions about your superior officers.

When graduated soldiers and officers are giving body parts and risking their lives and sanity, i'd say the cadets risking being disciplined or prosecuted by turning all of their backs and making a powerful, profound and justifiable statement would be the least they could have done.

What's willingly suffering a little discipline compared to what most Vets have willingly given?

edit on 30-5-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Obama is lucky the cadets didn't take him into custody.

No doubt he had a guard of brainless brainwashed Secret Service and Marine drones with him that would have opened fire.

No doubt everyone that get that jobs goes through months of screening to make sure they are good little drones.
edit on 30-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The sad truth is that we spend 300 billion dollars a year on supporting our Military Industrial Complex. We can spend 300 billion on killing, invading, and protecting countries that do not want our protection.

Yet for 70 million dollars, we can solve the worldwide hunger crisis.

Pixar had a cute way of illustrating the problems with our society. It was the use of fear, to get energy to support the monsters. Yet love and laughter provided more energy for the monsters to harness.

I think there is something in our hearts that crave a life of freedom and the chance to never worry about if the lights are going to shut off, the fridge will be empty, or the roof to disappear over our heads.

Someday the human race will lay down their guns, and pick up the tools to build a better future, free from war, pain, and suffering

a reply to: snarky412

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Ask ourselves WHY
What is the reason they are dogging veterans?

They didn’t do this to the WWI and WWII or Korean War veterans.

Is it because of budget constraints in this austerity cut the budget era? Or just incompetence?

I don't belive that for a second...

I honestly think the wars since about after and the Korean war (maybe this one too) are ALL Military Industrial Complex Intelligence wars where they know they can’t or won’t win outright.

All they want to do with these wars is help the corporate pigs get a windfall from the war and maintain the globalist corporate agenda and other black operations of control.

Use as guinea pigs the American troops and as well the victims of these corporate phoney wars, such as the Vietnamese, the Iraqi people who are victims of the modern weaponry the Military Industrial complex want to use as quinoa pigs to test their new weapons on.

Today such as those stupid( useful idiot) Islamists who are the new Indians who they are using to just kill and experiment on such as in the drones they are dropping on these Islamist moronic useful idiots

In other words:

THESE WARS ARE PHONEY!

Not for the unfortunate troops and civilians who suffer and die but the masters of evil, the government, now led by the con-man Obama and the Military Intelligence industrial corporate complex that rules this puppet

Now since the wars are all phony they look at the troops as suckers and only experimental puppets who they have duped to join the murder corporate machine, that of course no longer is serving the American people but only the interest and the fetishes of the

MILITARY INDUSTRIAL INTELLIGENCE CORPORATE COMPLEX

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Is interesting to notice that Obama has been very different from other presidents when it comes to the US military, in my point of view he seems no to give a crap about our defense.

He has tried in many occasions to downgrade to almost nothing but rags our military forces, while enabling with tax payers dollars foreign terrorist groups under the umbrella of humanitarian.

Then again, the issue of his links to the Muslin brotherhood "a terrorist group" comes to mind.

People tend to have short time memories, but one of the first thing Obama did when becoming president was to launch a campaign to soften the views of American people when it comes to Islam and eliminating certain wordings within the military books and strategies.

I can never trust him as a president after that.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I agree with 95% of what Mr. Williams said.

What I disagreed with was when he said "We used to praise our soldiers as habit. It used to roll off our lips." That by definition is lip service and I do not know a soldier that wants/needs/requests it. Personally, I am sick to death of "thanks for all you do" being used as a greeting to me in uniform more often than "hello". When it is simply said from habit it loses it's meaning. (rant over)

Other than that little bit, thanks Mr. Williams. I am sorry that he will now be known as a racist for saying something negative about the Obama Administration

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join