It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran Montel Williams blast Obama over West Point speech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Veteran Montel Williams Delivers Blistering Takedown of Obama Over What He Failed to Do During Big West Point Speech

And what is it that he failed to do you ask?

Talk show host and military veteran Montel Williams went after President Barack Obama on Wednesday for not using his West Point speech as an opportunity to apologize to members of the U.S. military for having “dropped the ball on the veterans’ health.

“The president just promised $5 billion for terrorists around the world?! At West Point?!” Williams said angrily. “Where he could have used the day to say, ‘I’m sorry for the pain that I’ve caused you, the families, and I’m gonna fix it today!’”

Williams then called for a “#VASurge” campaign to make sure there is enough funding to adequately address the health concerns of military veterans.”

“I’m angry because, you know, we made a promise. When I stood with my hand up proudly, I said, ‘I do solemnly swear and affirm to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic and I will bear true faith.’ I went through my oath,” Williams said.

“I told the world I’m willing to put my life on the line and die for you,” he continued. “Now, our guys went over. They left body parts. Some of them never made it back. Some of them are here now and their souls are still there. And we have the audacity to turn our back on them right this second?”

No wonder why he didn't receive a warmer welcome from the Cadets at West Point
Many of them probably feel the same way as Montel does

edit on 29-5-2014 by snarky412 because: add vid

+5 more 
posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

‘I do solemnly swear and affirm to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic

Obama is lucky the cadets didn't take him into custody.

Montel speaks the truth.
edit on 2014/5/29 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

‘I do solemnly swear and affirm to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic

Montreal speaks the truth.

I bet they were thinking some naughty thoughts!!

Or rather wished they were somewhere else other than having to listen to the phony double-talking Obama
Long live the teleprompter!!!

Obama probably wished he was somewhere else too.....like the golf course

+7 more 
posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I am more of the hard edged, gruff and tough type...............i am sitting here now with tears in my eyes, ashamed, just Fuc....ing ashamed at the response of this government, and every single POS I have allowed to keep their job, because I did nothing for my battle buddies.

It is time to to own up America, no more laying blame on others, no more demanding the government do somthing.....I did nothing, I have betrayed a sacred trust, that my battle buddies did not, they paid the price, while I sit here fat and happy, and did nothing to stop this.

I have failed them as a soldier, and as a man, I did nothing about this, I pissed and moaned on the internet. I did nothing.

This is my fault, personally, me, I failed them utterly.

I am at least as bad as these POS that allowed this, because I allowed this, I did nothing.................I am not even a man!!!!!!!

I am sorry America, I failed to shoulder my share of the burden, I did nothing, for those that did everything they were capable of for me and mine, up to and including giving it all.

I will not fail them again, I swear to GOD, on that I love and cherish, I will do the right thing, I will make this right, I will now shoulder this burden, for they have already carried it far enough!!!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This is another example of the elite whores like Obama telling us peons that they don’t give a dam about the ordinary people.

For the US government to treat their own military veterans like this has to be a deliberate policy.

I BEG THE YOUNG PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY TO STAY OUT OF THE MILITARY!

They don’t have your interest at heart.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Montel speaks the truth.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Though I'd have applauded if they'd 'merely' surrounded him and marched him off to the obstacle course . . . insuring that he completed it, if they had to drag him every inch of the way.

On the other hand, he'd have likely just soiled himself and certainly the obstacle course.

Better to leave it uncontaminated for the cadets.

But it would have been interesting to see some of the looks on his face as he was drug through the course.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

There is never a wrong time to take a stand.

Your words ring true.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
And there's your problem.

People get their satisfaction when a problem is addressed by a talk or radio show host. What they should be doing is not voting the same leaders back into Congress and holding those leaders accountable for their actions or lack of action.

Keep the people arguing over left or right and it's business as usual.

Carry on ...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Actually... with 2 more years of this Oval-Office-Occupier

some of those Cadets who are fortunate to graduate... some of them may never get their Commissions because they do not conform to Obamas' view of Military service...

ask all the European & African Commanders who were relieved of duty even as the Benghazi Travesty was taking place... and the other +230 Staff Officers who were Discharged by Obama in a massive Purge of Officers above Captain rank

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
op

oh wow.

here he is. sniffle. egads.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

There is never a wrong time to take a stand.

Your words ring true.

Hopefully there is still time to fix this before more unnecessary harm is done.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

it already is done and has been done and not just to the vets, but their children and spouses as well. and not just harm from wounds but also being put on watch as possible threats to the nation. it boggles the mind that you could send someone off to war to die and be maimed and then turn around and call them a potential terrorist.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Too bad the cadets didn't all stand in unison and turn their back to Obama. That would have sent a powerful message that even the lame stream media lapdogs couldn't ignore. The time for respecting this known liar is over. IMHO

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

"We don't really know anything about this Guy" - Montel Williams January 2009

He took enormous flak from the black community, but was 100% right.
He really is intelligent and should have been the our first black President!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death." --Sun Tzu

edit on 29-5-2014 by seasoul because:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

“I’m angry because, you know, we made a promise. When I stood with my hand up proudly, I said, ‘I do solemnly swear and affirm to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic and I will bear true faith.’ I went through my oath,” Williams said. “I told the world I’m willing to put my life on the line and die for you,” he continued. “Now, our guys went over. They left body parts. Some of them never made it back. Some of them are here now and their souls are still there. And we have the audacity to turn our back on them right this second?”

Well if Montel has been so upset about how veterans have been treated then where has he been for the last 80 plus years? Veterans are the first people the government dumps on we go and serve this country and get screwed as soon as we get out of the service. Jon Stewart said it perfectly the other day when it comes to how America treats it's veterans.

+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Well if Montel has been so upset about how veterans have been treated then where has he been for the last 80 plus years?

1 - Battling M.S.
2 - Being active in the M.S. Foundation.
3 - Helping poor people get prescription medications for free or reduced cost.
4 - He had a radio show on Air America for people to talk about health issues.
5 - He has been working to get medical cannabis to be available for all who need it.

He's been a little busy helping people with serious medical issues as well as people who can't afford prescription medications. Are you really going to blast him because he hasn't been active for veterans groups ... blast him just because he stated the obvious about Obama's pathetic West Point speech? Really?

ETA ... for disclosure reasons I should add that I've greatly admired Montel WIlliams for years and he's one of the very few celebrities that I'd like to meet. He is inspirational for us folks with autoimmune diseases.

edit on 5/29/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparky63
a reply to: Metallicus

Too bad the cadets didn't all stand in unison and turn their back to Obama. That would have sent a powerful message that even the lame stream media lapdogs couldn't ignore. The time for respecting this known liar is over. IMHO

Unfortunately that is a violation of UCMJ and the entire graduating class could be disciplined or prosecuted for disrespecting a commanding officer. You don't have freedom of speech in the military, especially when it comes to your opinions about your superior officers.
edit on 29-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
When history is written, it will record that swine like Bush, Obama, Cheney, Kerry, and even presidents of years ago, Nixon and Johnson, and many others of the elite devils who are running this country into the ground, have committed a minor holocaust on its own people. Imagine over 20 young military veterans a day are committing suicide and thousands of them are homeless!

Now obviously war is hard enough even when it’s fought for a good cause, such as World War II, but when wars, such as Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, are fought so the elite can have bigger and better golf courses and more mansions, and corporations have access to oil, and our young people have been tricked in joining the military with empty promises and deception, it eventually wears on the troops because they finally see the absurdity of the war they are fighting…and who actually is benefiting from their sacrifice.

And it aint them or the American people.

Indeed, they are not only traumatized by the war but in many cases bombarded with mysterious chemicals from their own government, such as in Iraq where thousands of them are for the rest of their lives burdened with symptoms of a disease called Gulf war syndrome, [en.wikipedia.org...] where the army hardly even recognizes that it is a legitimate disease. WHY?

Most likely because they were used as guinea pigs in some sinister US Army Intelligence experiment

....And now when they return they are tortured some more!

Now what this moron and immoral con-man Obama should have done in this instance is immediately, just as he did in the Obamacare fiasco, call for experts to alleviate the human suffering of the veterans. Forget these phony investigations and hearings.

Again, I repeat, it just goes to show you that the people who send these young people off to die and be tortured after their service don’t really car about them and all they do is offer lip service that they do.

They look at the troops as saps and suckers and don’t really care for them.

This fiasco is proof of this

I BEG THE YOUNG PEOPLE IN AMERICA, IN FACT IN ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD, UNLESS SOMEONE IS AT YOUR BORDERS ATTACKING, DON’T JOIN ANY OF THESE ARMIES OF THE WORLD.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

montel said in the video i posted above, that he's been at the vets hospital (walter reed), regularly since the war in iraq started and that he makes it a point to visit every soldier that's in there. watch the vid i posted.

here it is

edit on 29-5-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join